Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
    I'm wondering why Finn didn't play the first game, not sure of the others. I have a fun question to ponder, "who will be our first line"?
    These are friendly exhibitions. It's a good way for a coach to get rotational and backup players some minutes and improve match fitness from the off-season. Why risk injury from the player expected to start the league and non-conference games?

Comment

Any other non-season ticket holders, it looks like single game tickets will be going on sale Monday, August 31st at 9am!!!!

Comment

Wondering why there's no news about the trip and games in Italy ?
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Shabby - there is a blog about the trip. Go to men's hockey page on the Colgate website.....click on European trip blog. Go 'Gate!!

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            Wondering why there's no news about the trip and games in Italy ?
            http://www.gocolgateraiders.com/spor...809151124.aspx

Comment

Team must be back on campus by now. After reading the blog posts I'm wondering if everyone got some playing time in the games? "Making a pit stop on a deserted beach" sounds like fun All in all sounds like a successful trip and good warm-up for the season.
              COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Webcam went back to staring at not much of anything. Although, the concourse is filling in very nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Webcam went back to staring at not much of anything. Although, the concourse is filling in very nicely.
                  Webcam is finally showing some activity. The vertical steel structural beams are in the picture now. Class of '65 Arena is taking on more shape

Comment

So who is going to be the surprise of the year, we know about the spinks, borkowski, Finn, lough, but who is due for a great year? I know this is pure speculation but the season is fast approaching, soon we will have performances get in the way of great speculation
                    Last edited by red133883; 09-02-2015, 02:21 PM.

Comment

My money is on Black with a strong rebound from the sophomore slump. Going to need everyone to avoid injury this year - paying the price for consistently carrying a too small roster. Remember once reading that was the result of Colgate policy limiting the size of the team. If that is true, it seems to me that it needs to change for safety's sake given the new emphasis on not playing with concussion symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                        So who is going to be the surprise of the year, we know about the spinks, borkowski, Finn, lough, but who is due for a great year? I know this is pure speculation but the season is fast approaching, soon we will have performances get in the way of great speculation
                        I'm impressed by Adam Dauda from Slovakia, frosh; like what he has achieved and his upside. I can see him fit right in and contribute some O immediately. In fact I like all the recruits; think they will bring size and much needed aid to our D-corp.

It's almost time for Shabby to kick off the season thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gate93 View Post
                          My money is on Black with a strong rebound from the sophomore slump. Going to need everyone to avoid injury this year - paying the price for consistently carrying a too small roster. Remember once reading that was the result of Colgate policy limiting the size of the team. If that is true, it seems to me that it needs to change for safety's sake given the new emphasis on not playing with concussion symptoms.
                          Something tells me that, at least based upon concession prices and whatnot, ice hockey is a bit of a "money pit", and to save on recurring costs, they limit the number of roster slots. The admins probably feel that said injuries are going to happen regardless of the number of players, so that cost is a wash. Is there any research that can disprove that, and could it be presented to the admins to allow even one more roster slot?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            Something tells me that, at least based upon concession prices and whatnot, ice hockey is a bit of a "money pit", and to save on recurring costs, they limit the number of roster slots. The admins probably feel that said injuries are going to happen regardless of the number of players, so that cost is a wash. Is there any research that can disprove that, and could it be presented to the admins to allow even one more roster slot?
                            This isn't just limited to hockey at Colgate, it is other sports as well. The change to the rosters would have to happen across the board and not just to one sport.

Regarding the roster numbers-crunch this year, two early departures hurt and those roster spots should be filled next year. Going by what Chris Heisenberg has listed, there are six players that will potentially arrive next season. At least one other player (possibly two) should be added to that group so the roster will even itself out.

Comment

Great pic of what appears to be the back of the rink tweeted by ECAC Hockey this AM. Looks like we're getting sides!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ECACHOCKE...763136/photo/1

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                                Going by what Chris Heisenberg has listed, there are six players that will potentially arrive next season. At least one other player (possibly two) should be added to that group so the roster will even itself out.
                                GR, can you post the link to Heisenberg's up-to-date 2015 recruit list. I'm having trouble finding it. TY.

Comment

Working...
                                X