• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aallenpollreisz
    replied
    Re: Michigan State Off-season

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I don't know if it's smart for him to be stepping out of witness protection like that.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

A Matt Shegos sighting. (bottom of the page)

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
    So, given that I live in Kalamazoo now, I'm pretty much obligated to buy, at minimum, half-season tickets now, correct?
    Correct. Everybody's is lacking some quality moves.

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

So, given that I live in Kalamazoo now, I'm pretty much obligated to buy, at minimum, half-season tickets now, correct?

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

Would this have affected play in any way? No.
    Would this have drawn anyone to the building? No.
    Would it have created a small amount of banter on broadcasts? Yes.
    Would it have made MSU look arrogant in changing a basic feature of a playing surface? Yes.

The AD was focused on points 1 & 3. The important ones are 2 & 4. This was a good move by the NCAA to avoid the slippery slope that would have undoubtedly resulted from allowing it to happen. Let's not see college hockey descend into that kind of gimmickry.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
    *Giant farting noise*

https://twitter.com/GeorgeSipple/sta...11789101522944

Next up, the NCAA bans the Maize nets at U-M Soccer Stadium. Wouldn't be surprised.
    Hmm, I find it a little surprising, considering the green would not be more difficult to see and I doubt anybody would think about it during a game. It seems like a pretty innocuous idea.
    Also, they somehow allow the hideous Boise State blue field and the even worse, Eastern Washington red field.

However, I would rather it be blue. I prefer the contrast to the green Spartan logo/rest of the arena.

It was a cute idea, though. I don't mean that in a condescending way.

Leave a comment:

• MGoBlueHockey
    replied

*Giant farting noise*

Michigan State won't have green blue lines after all. NCAA hockey rules committee rejected a one-year waiver. Lines will be repainted blue.
    https://twitter.com/GeorgeSipple/sta...11789101522944

Next up, the NCAA bans the Maize nets at U-M Soccer Stadium. Wouldn't be surprised.
    Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 09-21-2015, 10:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Decatur Spartan
    replied

I think they paint them green each year for the summer and pro camps. They should be back to blue for the season, although as JJM said, Anastos is a great marketer so they may be here to stay.
    Green is the new blue. The Detroit Papers had this story last week. The change is permanent, depending on the NCAA. Evidently the B10 has no problem with them. But then as JJM pointed out, Tommy boy is a good marketer, just like the B10. Just too bad he can't coach.

Leave a comment:

• wsummers
    replied
    Originally posted by wsummers View Post
    Looked blue the last time I was in Munn a couple of weks ago...
    Looks like they are green below the ice....when I stopped by a few weeks ago to check out my new seat location I saw the blue line on the boards and assumed it continued blue under the ice...looks like that was a wrong assumption...personally, I don't like the idea.

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied
    Re: Mitch Elliot

Annnnnd that didn't take long.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...092115aaa.html

Leave a comment:

• John J. MacInnes
    replied

Looks like there will be a new member of the staff soon with the impending departure of Phil Osaer.

http://www.uscho.com/2015/09/18/form...key-adm-staff/

Leave a comment:

• aallenpollreisz
    replied

Thing is, we are openly defying the NCAA rulebook with those green lines.

I'm fine with the lines staying green as long as some overzealous official isn't issuing bench minors against us because of it.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

I think they paint them green each year for the summer and pro camps. They should be back to blue for the season, although as JJM said, Anastos is a great marketer so they may be here to stay.
    Looks like green is here to stay.

And you're right Pirate, it did sneak up on us. Although it's still over a month until the first home game.

Leave a comment:

• Pirateasaur
    replied
    i just realized that we are not much more than a couple weeks out from opening against Western Ontario. This season really snuck up on me but I will start revving up for it.

I don't even know which freshman made it here. Maybe I can find an official roster somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    I can't remember where I saw it on Twitter but apparently the blue lines in Munn are now green. Part of me thinks that's cool, the other part thinks "the NCAA allowed that?"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X