Michigan State Off-season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    This is a great piece of fiction and one worthy of your next blog entry. Where can I sign up?
    If I had to bet my life on whether or not he is more wrong or right...

Comment

• Re: Michigan State Off-season

I can't remember where I saw it on Twitter but apparently the blue lines in Munn are now green. Part of me thinks that's cool, the other part thinks "the NCAA allowed that?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I can't remember where I saw it on Twitter but apparently the blue lines in Munn are now green. Part of me thinks that's cool, the other part thinks "the NCAA allowed that?"
        Looked blue the last time I was in Munn a couple of weks ago...

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
          Found it:

https://***********/michaelcaples/st...51124904353792

Comment

I'll say again that as a hockey coach, Anastos is a great marketer. Too bad they actually have to play games too, that's the part that seems to be the hangup.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              I think they paint them green each year for the summer and pro camps. They should be back to blue for the season, although as JJM said, Anastos is a great marketer so they may be here to stay.
              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• i just realized that we are not much more than a couple weeks out from opening against Western Ontario. This season really snuck up on me but I will start revving up for it.

I don't even know which freshman made it here. Maybe I can find an official roster somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  I think they paint them green each year for the summer and pro camps. They should be back to blue for the season, although as JJM said, Anastos is a great marketer so they may be here to stay.
                  Looks like green is here to stay.

And you're right Pirate, it did sneak up on us. Although it's still over a month until the first home game.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Thing is, we are openly defying the NCAA rulebook with those green lines.

I'm fine with the lines staying green as long as some overzealous official isn't issuing bench minors against us because of it.
                    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
                    66 - 86 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
                    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Looks like there will be a new member of the staff soon with the impending departure of Phil Osaer.

http://www.uscho.com/2015/09/18/form...key-adm-staff/

Comment

• Re: Mitch Elliot

Annnnnd that didn't take long.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...092115aaa.html

Comment

• Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                          Looks like they are green below the ice....when I stopped by a few weeks ago to check out my new seat location I saw the blue line on the boards and assumed it continued blue under the ice...looks like that was a wrong assumption...personally, I don't like the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            Green is the new blue. The Detroit Papers had this story last week. The change is permanent, depending on the NCAA. Evidently the B10 has no problem with them. But then as JJM pointed out, Tommy boy is a good marketer, just like the B10. Just too bad he can't coach.

Comment

*Giant farting noise*

Michigan State won't have green blue lines after all. NCAA hockey rules committee rejected a one-year waiver. Lines will be repainted blue.
                              https://***********/GeorgeSipple/sta...11789101522944

Next up, the NCAA bans the Maize nets at U-M Soccer Stadium. Wouldn't be surprised.
                              Last edited by MGoBlueHockey; 09-21-2015, 09:43 PM.
                              ---
                              National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                              Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                              19 Conference Championships
                              10 Conference Tournament Championships
                              2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                                *Giant farting noise*

https://***********/GeorgeSipple/sta...11789101522944

Next up, the NCAA bans the Maize nets at U-M Soccer Stadium. Wouldn't be surprised.
                                Hmm, I find it a little surprising, considering the green would not be more difficult to see and I doubt anybody would think about it during a game. It seems like a pretty innocuous idea.
                                Also, they somehow allow the hideous Boise State blue field and the even worse, Eastern Washington red field.

However, I would rather it be blue. I prefer the contrast to the green Spartan logo/rest of the arena.

It was a cute idea, though. I don't mean that in a condescending way.

Comment

Working...
                                X