Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan State Off-season

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    I had been under the impression the Munn renovations were going to include chairbacks all the way around the arena, but recent pictures on the Munn Facebook page shows it's bleachers behind the nets and chairbacks only on the sides.

The bleachers are generic silver, unfortunately. The neon green had a certain character about it. It also looks like there's an increase in handicap seating. Or they're improving camera wells, I can't really tell. Either way I'm pretty sure there's less capacity now.
    I'm fine with all of that. The aluminum will hold up better than the fiberglass, and there should be bleachers in the student section anyway.

As for the drop in capacity, well, it's not like we're selling out the building on a night-by-night basis. It looks like we can still jam 6,000+ in there with SRO for big games.

Kind of surprised they updated the 3D map so quickly.
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Meanwhile, in real life...
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

RAILS!
        66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
          Probably. We'll be going for a third straight NCAA tournament appearance.
          Love your optimism Pirate. The reality is though, they can't score! The returning players had a 'Goals for' average of 1.9 last season. That isn't getting it done. Looking at the schedule, I'm predicting, 7-9 in Non conference. 12-7-1 in B10. 19-16-1 isn't getting in the tourney. Jake will have to have a GAA of 1.5 to get them anywhere. And remember, MSU is the only B10 team NOT to win a B10 Tournament game. And it may not happen again this year despite Jake's hercelan efforts.

Comment

If the returning 1.9 core improve and are complimented by the new arrivals who knows what they might be able to do offensively. However I wonder how much the scoring is impacted by the system they play.

Comment

• Mitch Elliot

2016 commit Mitch Eliot (son of Darren and grandson of Sonny) is wearing a "C" this week.

http://www.muskegonlumberjacks.com/n...rrer_id=877108

Comment

Tommy Apap committed on Tuesday. A forward, will play in the USHL this year and MSU in 2016.
                Last edited by wsummers; 08-14-2015, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                  2016 commit Mitch Eliot (son of Darren and grandson of Sonny) is wearing a "C" this week.

http://www.muskegonlumberjacks.com/n...rrer_id=877108
                  Grandson of Sonny? Does that mean he will attack with a barage of bad jokes and puns? 😀

(BTW Sonny Eliot the late Detroit TV and radio personality known for his comedy weather reports had no children.)
                  Last edited by wsummers; 08-14-2015, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                    Grandson of Sonny? Does that mean he will attack with a barage of bad jokes and puns? 😀

(BTW Sonny Eliot the late Detroit TV and radio personality known for his comedy weather reports had no children.)
                    Just seein if you're paying attention

Comment

Thought you'd like to know that the USHL Chicago Steel is representing the USA right now over in Russia for the WJHC Cup (I don't know what WJHC stands for LOL)....and they're evidently doing pretty well. Swept the first round and knocked out the host team. You guys have a couple MSU recruits on that team - #12 Mitch Lewandowski for one. He had an assist and a SOG in the first series. Consider the timing for these rookies like #12. This is thier first outing with The Steel before thier season begins... and it's on the world stage if you will. Says alot about the Coach's confidence to put these yet-to-be-seen USHL incoming recruits out there. Keep your eye on Lewandowski. I've watched him at Detroit Honeybaked. I see potential.
                      I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Sam Saliba commits for 2016....

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                          Thought you'd like to know that the USHL Chicago Steel is representing the USA right now over in Russia for the WJHC Cup (I don't know what WJHC stands for LOL)....and they're evidently doing pretty well. Swept the first round and knocked out the host team. You guys have a couple MSU recruits on that team - #12 Mitch Lewandowski for one. He had an assist and a SOG in the first series. Consider the timing for these rookies like #12. This is thier first outing with The Steel before thier season begins... and it's on the world stage if you will. Says alot about the Coach's confidence to put these yet-to-be-seen USHL incoming recruits out there. Keep your eye on Lewandowski. I've watched him at Detroit Honeybaked. I see potential.
                          Agreed on Lewandowski. His skills and size remind me a lot of Matt Berry, but maybe there's some leadership potential? Wore the 'C' for his team last season.

Comment

There is a rumor that a very successful MSU grad (and professional sports franchise owner) could be following Draymond Green's lead and make a significant gift to MSU athletics. I'm sure you've seen the rendering of what Munn is ultimately going to look like. For that to come to fruition, this is the sort of thing that needed to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              There is a rumor that a very successful MSU grad (and professional sports franchise owner) could be following Draymond Green's lead and make a significant gift to MSU athletics. I'm sure you've seen the rendering of what Munn is ultimately going to look like. For that to come to fruition, this is the sort of thing that needed to happen.
                              I'm sure his cash will go towards renovating the six-month-old basketball offices and all hockey will get is an offer to take out a predatory loan.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                I'm sure his cash will go towards renovating the six-month-old basketball offices and all hockey will get is an offer to take out a predatory loan.
                                This is a great piece of fiction and one worthy of your next blog entry. Where can I sign up?

Comment

Working...
                                X