Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan State Off-season

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Next stage of renovations is underway. I feel like we'll be waiting for the next big one for awhile, which I believe is the plaza and new entrance, because no one is throwing their millions at hockey.

Did we scrap plans for telescopic bleachers?
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

...This is shaping up to be one of the best home schedules in years....Northeastern, possibly Maine in the Icebreaker and then one more non-con slot, presumably used during the trip to Northeastern...
      That non-con slot will almost certainly be Boston College. Although nothing has ever been officially announced (AFAIK), NU, BC, MSU, and Minny apparently have a scheduling arrangement in place that calls for the B1G teams to play BC and NU on successive nights in Boston. The next year, the two HEA teams go west for two each at B1G team.

The arrangement started last year when Minny beat BC at Conte Forum on Friday night then lost to NU on Saturday night at Matthews Arena. This year, NU plays two at Minny in Oct. BC goes west too but I don't know the date. Logistically, it's a good deal in that you get to play two HEA opponents without having to change hotels.

As a side note, the weekend of Dec 18-19-10 promises to be a unique road trip opportunity since the MSU men's and women's hoops teams will also be making the trip. Men's basketball and hockey combine for a day-night doubleheader at Matthews on Dec. 19. Women's hoops plays at Matthews a day earlier.
      "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

I think I'm going to be in Boston for Christmas this year. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be there a full week in advance for the MSU/NU games.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Extremely random thought, but I would like to see Army or Air Force on the schedule one of these years. Basketball went to Navy, football is bringing in AF this year, I think hockey should reach out to one of the academies.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
            I can tell already that you are going to be a joy to have around.
            Oh you have NO idea how much fun I'll be. I have been going to MSU Hockey games since the early 70's at Dem Hall. This Coaching staff, specifically the Head Coach, is...........to be polite, terrible. I admit, after Mason and Comley (who I think was a good, not great Coach) finding a reasonable replacement would be difficult. But the AD blew this one in a large way. To hire someone who hadn't coached a D1 game in twenty years is beyond comprehension. I will say this positive thing; at least this years team could complete a 'cross ice pass'. The last two years they couldn't.

Comment

Duncan Keith was listed at 6"0" and 160 in the media guide for 2001-02.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                Been watching this one - that is an excellent get. Things are picking up in April, first with Hirose now with a Miller; this one was projected as a potential 1st round OHL pick, before the draft two weeks ago. Ottawa picked him up in the 11th round, and I would like to think it's because he made his career path known
                Tommy Miller was drafted in the first round of the USHL draft, 4th pick overall, by the Fargo Force.

Comment

Well ****. I doubt we will ever find out why but I am quite curious. Did he not figure to be a part of the regular D rotation next year? Maybe he just didn't enjoy it at MSU.
                  Word around the water cooler is that Kryger is graduating this spring and is headed to a Graduate program that MSU doesn't offer. With a year of eligibility left, and having completed his undergrad, he can transfer and not have to sit out a year. Good for him!

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                    Word around the water cooler is that Kryger is graduating this spring and is headed to a Graduate program that MSU doesn't offer. With a year of eligibility left, and having completed his undergrad, he can transfer and not have to sit out a year. Good for him!
                    I agree ... good for him. I suspected the program he wanted was at his destination school. He will be missed; I for one certainly didn't see him as a liability.

Comment

Originally posted by Suger Bear View Post
                      Tommy Miller was drafted in the first round of the USHL draft, 4th pick overall, by the Fargo Force.
                      That's a pretty good run of USHL 1st-round picks for the current coach's recruits. I believe we had 3 of those last year (Lewandowski, Eliot, Farmer).

Comment

I can tell already that you are going to be a joy to have around.
                        Especially if you can't see him . A pretty good option to have.

Comment

Senior RJ Boyd (D) signed with ECHL's South Carolina Stingrays in time for their playoff season. He has played 3 games so far.

Comment

Next stage of renovations is underway. I feel like we'll be waiting for the next big one for awhile, which I believe is the plaza and new entrance, because no one is throwing their millions at hockey.

Understanding that the student section will keep the benches (side note: you can apparently claim your own at the Surplus Store. I'm fixin to trick out my sports cave with a 5-seater).

Sooo ... it has been claimed by facilities that NO season ticket holders will lose their spot. I'm having a hard time figuring out how 5 normal-sized adult keesters crammed into those numbered spaces on the bench would be comfortably = same length as 5 chairs. Unless the students are losing a one of the sections. In which case everybody shifts over a little. Which contradicts the claim that we're NOT being moved in the slightest. The only other possibility is the aisles get a little narrower! Imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                              Understanding that the student section will keep the benches (side note: you can apparently claim your own at the Surplus Store. I'm fixin to trick out my sports cave with a 5-seater).

Sooo ... it has been claimed by facilities that NO season ticket holders will lose their spot. I'm having a hard time figuring out how 5 normal-sized adult keesters crammed into those numbered spaces on the bench would be comfortably = same length as 5 chairs. Unless the students are losing a one of the sections. In which case everybody shifts over a little. Which contradicts the claim that we're NOT being moved in the slightest. The only other possibility is the aisles get a little narrower! Imagine that.
                              Because the number of season ticket holders is about 2/3 what it used to be in the salad days of the "sellout streak". There are at least 1500 seats in the building that have only been distributed on an individual basis for about 6-7 years now, still a lot of dead wood to clear from the lot. There will be some movement possible but no one who has season tickets will be denied since there's plenty of availability to pick from.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                Because the number of season ticket holders is about 2/3 what it used to be in the salad days of the "sellout streak". There are at least 1500 seats in the building that have only been distributed on an individual basis for about 6-7 years now, still a lot of dead wood to clear from the lot. There will be some movement possible but no one who has season tickets will be denied since there's plenty of availability to pick from.
                                I'm confident we won't be shunted out of the building, but I want to believe the assurance we won't be moved.

Comment

Working...
                                X