Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan State Off-season

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
    Finally official, Sparty is coming to Pot-o-rado in October! I've been wanting this ever since I relocated to Denver from Lake Orion.... that will be a fun fun weekend. Each year we see DU's arena go green for UND; I would love to see the State fans show up
    Of course, this happens months after I move from Wyoming - where I was, roughly, a three-hour drive from the Denver metro area.
    Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
    66 - 86 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
    59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
      Did some research on the kids coming in this fall. Here are their stats found on the ushl.com web site.
      Only one (kind of) stand out scorer. Appleton from Tri Cities. 40 pts in 54 games and a -3.
      I see little to no scoring help at all here. And the plus-minus is nothing to be proud of.
      I also found info on the collegehockeynews.com site

GP G A PTS +/-
      Appleton, Mason F 54 12 28 40 -3
      Milan, Cody F 60 11 15 26 -12
      Godbout, Marcel F 21 2 0 2 -9
      Osburn, Zach D 54 8 8 16 +3...See More
      Might want to check Godbout's stats again. Since being moved to Chicago part-way through the season, he scored 20 points in 37 games, which was 3rd on his team over that stretch. The numbers you list are his Waterloo totals (first part of year).
      Last edited by owslachief; 04-15-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
        In taking a closer look, he is listed as a graduate student at ASU...must be graduating from MSU this spring and therefore able to play next year at ASU.
        Wow. Nice academic work over 3 seasons at MSU.

Also, unless Rosburg has an unreal summer, it's hard to see him in the regular lineup ... if he is here at all in 2015-16 ... that leaves just Osburn as MSU's freshman D-man.
        Last edited by owslachief; 04-15-2015, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
          Did some research on the kids coming in this fall. Here are their stats found on the ushl.com web site.
          Only one (kind of) stand out scorer. Appleton from Tri Cities. 40 pts in 54 games and a -3.
          I see little to no scoring help at all here. And the plus-minus is nothing to be proud of.
          I also found info on the collegehockeynews.com site

GP G A PTS +/-
          Appleton, Mason F 54 12 28 40 -3
          Milan, Cody F 60 11 15 26 -12
          Godbout, Marcel F 21 2 0 2 -9
          Osburn, Zach D 54 8 8 16 +3...See More
          You can't always tell how a player's game will translate to college. Stenglein absolutely tore up the USHL and MacEachern had fairly modest numbers. Perhaps Stenglein can make a jump but I agree that more flashy score sheets would feel more hopeful right now. The emergence of Keller this year was a nice surprise and I have been saying it for 2 years now but I swear that Deblouw can explode. He has all the tools. I am hoping Haag and Ebbing can put in 10 a piece maybe as well?

But I think it is no secret that we will continue to butter our bread with defense and goaltending and that is fine. It worked well for us in the 2nd half and if we are winning, no one cares that we're not putting up big numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
            Wow. Nice academic work over 3 seasons at MSU.

Also, unless Rosburg has an unreal summer, it's hard to see him in the regular lineup ... if he is here at all in 2015-16 ... that leaves just Osburn as MSU's freshman D-man.
            You mentioned Rosburg was injured? What happened? Cox was able to come back from a spring knee injury to have a nice freshman year so there is hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
              You mentioned Rosburg was injured? What happened? Cox was able to come back from a spring knee injury to have a nice freshman year so there is hope.
              There seems to be an issue with Rosburg's knees. He's been out since the middle of November (in fact, since he scored a GWG in overtime on 11/11). Who knows ... maybe he sustained this sort of vague injury celebrating. You can imagine all sorts of dangerous ways to celebrate .

I remember that Cox' recovery was quite remarkable, given he was the victim of pretty vicious knee-on-knee the previous March.

Comment

MSU has added a verbal from Tommy Miller, an elite defenseman from Victory Honda. Probably a 2017 recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by wsummers View Post
                  MSU has added a verbal from Tommy Miller, an elite defenseman from Victory Honda. Probably a 2017 recruit.
                  Been watching this one - that is an excellent get. Things are picking up in April, first with Hirose now with a Miller; this one was projected as a potential 1st round OHL pick, before the draft two weeks ago. Ottawa picked him up in the 11th round, and I would like to think it's because he made his career path known

Comment

Next stage of renovations is underway. I feel like we'll be waiting for the next big one for awhile, which I believe is the plaza and new entrance, because no one is throwing their millions at hockey.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Do you have any knowledge of your schedule for next fall by any chance? I need to be in Michigan work in late October/early November and would love to catch a game while there if possible.

Comment

According to the schedule thread, UNH will be in town the 6th and 7th of November. Outside of that, I have no idea. We have a confirmed home series against Lake State, but the date isn't set, and with only three other non-con slots I feel like we're going to be on the road out East somewhere. However, i do believe Tech still has to come to Munn at some point. So, currently I only know of UNH, but it's possible there could be other options.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

That's actually when I think I'll be out there - could be fun to see a HE team while there. Thanks!

Comment

Michigan Tech will play a 2 game set at Michigan State on November 20-21. 95% sure on those dates.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              Michigan Tech will play a 2 game set at Michigan State on November 20-21. 95% sure on those dates.
                              Great to hear. This is shaping up to be one of the best home schedules in years.

NoDak, UNH, LSSU, Tech, and Michigan for 2.

That means at best we have four HE games. UNHx2, Northeastern, possibly Maine in the Icebreaker and then one more non-con slot, presumably used during the trip to Northeastern. Thankfully. I was beginning to think the WCHA and NCHC had dissolved the way the schedule was so East-centric.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

I would guess the LSSU/MSU series will be in late October or early November.
                                LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                                X