This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    I know the last time the red "originals" were worn in the FF was for both games in '97 in Milwaukee. I'd bet the farm that the '50s throwback will be worn on Thursday (IMO they're very telegenic and photogenic sweaters) and if they advance, the white alternates on Saturday.
    I'll go with red alternates-- not throwback. Then white candy canes -- IF NECESSARY
    Last edited by Terrier520; 04-03-2015, 04:13 PM.
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Re: BU 2014-15 season threat III - Jasmine gets to see us 4 more times

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
      I'll go with red alternates-- not throwback. Then white candy canes -- IF NECESSARY
      red throwbacks are undefeated in the garden
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Isn't there some sort of NCAA rule against using thirds in the tournament? I know Michigan wore their thirds regularly in the mid-late 90s in the NCAA tournament and I thought the NCAA put a stop to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
          Isn't there some sort of NCAA rule against using thirds in the tournament? I know Michigan wore their thirds regularly in the mid-late 90s in the NCAA tournament and I thought the NCAA put a stop to that.
          We wore them in DC (even though we probably wore them more than the "originals" they were still considered the 3rd jersey). And, since we still have almost a week to go and don't have a controversy, why did we remove the picture of the terrier from the front of the uniform??

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
            No, but the NCAA clarified when light-colored jerseys can be worn by the visiting team:

"Rule 9 - Uniforms
            9.1 Jerseys - Each player and each goalkeeper listed in the lineup of each team shall wear an individual identifying number at least 10 inches high on the back of the jersey and at least 4 inches high on the front or on both sleeves. The visiting team shall wear dark-colored jerseys and stockings; the home team shall wear light-colored jerseys and stockings. Uniform numbers must be a light colored number on dark jerseys and a dark colored number on light jerseys. All players of each team shall dress uniformly in that day’s game jersey. Light-colored jerseys (e.g., white, gold, yellow or light blue) may be worn during the regular season by the visiting team only when the teams have agreed before the game. If the teams are unable to agree, the visiting team will wear dark-colored jerseys.

The number of the jersey shall contrast the overall jersey color".

Since Coach Parker was smart enough to have both home and away alternate uniforms made BU can wear the road ones.

And they are complete uniforms, not just jerseys: the pants and socks are different for the classic and late 50's alternates as well. For the early 50's uniform Coach Quinn added this season it appears that they use the same pants as the late 50's alternates (both uniforms had the same or similar pants, so that makes sense), but they have different socks.

Sean
            Last edited by Sean Pickett; 04-03-2015, 05:47 PM.
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

found a TLP statement from 2002-03 under the old system where i had 59 points. at this time there were 703 participants in the sytem and the top 10% cutoff was "greater than 44".

points back then were originally handed out by

STH (3 pts/yr)
              FoH current yr $$$ (1pt / $100)
              FoH years (2pt / each year of giving $100 or more)
              ATH cumulative (1pt / $200 lifetime giving)
              WWA cumulative (1pt / $200 giving to arena)
              Letter winner (10pts)

certainly geared more toward hockey specific activities.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                found a TLP statement from 2002-03 under the old system where i had 59 points. at this time there were 703 participants in the sytem and the top 10% cutoff was "greater than 44".

points back then were originally handed out by

STH (3 pts/yr)
                FoH current yr $$$ (1pt / $100)
                FoH years (2pt / each year of giving $100 or more)
                ATH cumulative (1pt / $200 lifetime giving)
                WWA cumulative (1pt / $200 giving to arena)
                Letter winner (10pts)

certainly geared more toward hockey specific activities.
                I think this was the system in place until 2010. Changes made definitely de-emphasized STH and placed MUCH greater emphasis on annual giving and $ given. Most of the people I know who got shut out of tickets but got them in 09 are long time STH, but are low on annual giving and $ given.

From what I understand some STH who were told Monday they didn't get tickets got another email yesterday saying their request was fulfilled. BU must have poached another allotment from another program or from HE. But some of my friends who were sans tickets now have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                  I think this was the system in place until 2010. Changes made definitely de-emphasized STH and placed MUCH greater emphasis on annual giving and $ given. Most of the people I know who got shut out of tickets but got them in 09 are long time STH, but are low on annual giving and $ given.

From what I understand some STH who were told Monday they didn't get tickets got another email yesterday saying their request was fulfilled. BU must have poached another allotment from another program or from HE. But some of my friends who were sans tickets now have them.
                  good. hope it was prompted by the story i heard was upcoming in the freep this coming thursday and questions they asked.

Comment

found the sheet after the focus group that was changing (now acutal) the calculation.

there were 1,673 participants in the ice hockey ticket holders (i was 223rd)
                    there were 14 women's hockey participants
                    114 men's basketball participants
                    100 women's basketball folks.

in the 'total supporters of bu athletics' group there were 45,634 participants (i was 614 there).

Comment

noticing some parallels between this season and 2009

both teams lost @ uhn in a one goal game
                      both teams lost a home game vs pc
                      both teams had a tough home weekend vs a hea team (09 was swept by uvm 3-4 3-4 / 15 team had und come in and take 3pts 2-2 2-3)

oh and both teams made the frozen four.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        noticing some parallels between this season and 2009

both teams lost @ uhn in a one goal game
                        both teams lost a home game vs pc
                        both teams had a tough home weekend vs a hea team (09 was swept by uvm 3-4 3-4 / 15 team had und come in and take 3pts 2-2 2-3)

oh and both teams made the frozen four.
                        But we don't have the Hebrew brothers from other mothers this year. Post 1000 what uppppp
                        Go Terriers!

Comment

Working...
                        X