X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2014-15 season threat III - Jasmine gets to see us 4 more times

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    From the "Frozen Four" thread (might as well provoke something to distract me from my disappointment at not being able to go...):

So some loyal, die-hard BU fan will be shut out so this guy can go ...and cheer against us...
    Good for him. The second best part of my 2009 experience was seeing the college hockey world come together. It's like complaining about the "casual" wrestling fan being at Wrestlemania.
    Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
    ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
      Good for him. The second best part of my 2009 experience was seeing the college hockey world come together. It's like complaining about the "casual" wrestling fan being at Wrestlemania.
      Sorta why Mookie can do without a Boston frozen four.

He goes every year and runs into the same crowd. Who wants to go to a convention in your backyard
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
        chickod: you can also try this.
        Thanks! (do you think my Massachusetts address will give it away?)

Comment

FWIW, I called Terrier Pride office to determine cutoff number for TLP holders. Was told number to guarantee tickets for Frozen Four given only 600 tkts distributed to each school is north of 600 loyalty points. Poor me. Only with 230+. I said a whole lot of people could've gotten tickets more cheaply through secondary market if they had publicized TLP info. Complete mea culpa from BU office, acknowledging failure to alert FOH and season ticket holders at earlier time. I said they've needlessly generated some ill among longtime supporters and cost some people significant dollars in causing us to delay finding tickets elsewhere. I 'm just going to have to reconsider my $50 million bequest to the university.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
            Still a few $400 ticket packages left on Stubhub.

BU Hockey: Need chickod.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
              FWIW, I called Terrier Pride office to determine cutoff number for TLP holders. Was told number to guarantee tickets for Frozen Four given only 600 tkts distributed to each school is north of 600 loyalty points. Poor me. Only with 230+. I said a whole lot of people could've gotten tickets more cheaply through secondary market if they had publicized TLP info. Complete mea culpa from BU office, acknowledging failure to alert FOH and season ticket holders at earlier time. I said they've needlessly generated some ill among longtime supporters and cost some people significant dollars in causing us to delay finding tickets elsewhere. I 'm just going to have to reconsider my $50 million bequest to the university.
              I was just told that the "actual" number of tickets that BU got was 400...now if that means "after they skimmed some" I don't know...just saying from a reliable source.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                If you are close to Boston and don't mind missing the 1st game and investing a little time you could even troll around Causeway street at noon on Thursday, head home if you can't score reasonably priced tix.
                I've actually thought about a similar approach. DVR the BU game. hang out on Causeway at the end of Game 1, pick up tickets from the losing team's fans who don't want to stick around and see which team they won't be playing since they are out (much more would be available if PC loses than if UNO loses). Head home and watch the BU game. Hope BU wins.
                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  I've actually thought about a similar approach. DVR the BU game. hang out on Causeway at the end of Game 1, pick up tickets from the losing team's fans who don't want to stick around and see which team they won't be playing since they are out (much more would be available if PC loses than if UNO loses). Head home and watch the BU game. Hope BU wins.
                  I appreciate the suggestions...it's not really a viable option for me (for various reasons). You know, it is what it is. I knew that it would be tough here, but I guess I didn't expect it to be THIS tough. Case in point, in '98 I bought tickets for the day of the game (UNH/Michigan)...although that may have been when there were two separate "sessions" for the semis. But it wasn't close to full. I'm guessing the second local team getting in completely changed the dynamics...I just have to accept it. If I get lucky, then that's even better. Like I said, I'm sure many of you are a lot more disappointed than I, so I am not going to continue to complain.... Also thought more Minnesota people (since they had four schools, none of which made it) would be selling as well...if they are, it's not on this forum...
                  Last edited by chickod; 03-31-2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    just me, but i would never put my faith in getting FF tix via BC. i would just assume that those are already reserved for family members/big time donors, etc. has anyone been able to confirm how many tickets of the allotment go to family members? or was there just a guess?
                    I also always go though the NCAA system, but I plan to go the the FF every year (except Detroit in 2010).

Years ago I was told that each player is allotted 2 tickets for family members and players that had only one or no family make the trip let other players use their tickets. I don't know if there is also a cap on the total number of player tickets, but 50 total sounds realistic.

Sean
                    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                    BU Hockey highlights and extras
                    NCAA Hockey Financials
                    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

402-554-6287

Just got four. Go get them

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        What is your rank?
                        Which rank? Season ticket holder, overall, both? And what was your's last time it was on your statement?

Sean
                        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                        BU Hockey highlights and extras
                        NCAA Hockey Financials
                        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis113c View Post
                          402-554-6287

Just got four. Go get them
                          Which option? I keep getting "The UNO ticket office does not have access to single-game ticket options" no matter which option I select...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                            Which option? I keep getting "The UNO ticket office does not have access to single-game ticket options" no matter which option I select...
                            I did option 4 away and waited for live pick up

Comment

I must have not gotten in in time...."The UNO Ticket Office does not conduct single-game phone sales." Then I'm cut off...or directed to Sticketmaster. I guess they're probably gone by now...

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis113c View Post
                                I did option 4 away and waited for live pick up
                                Doesn't work anymore...Option 4 was the first one I tried and I got the same recorded message. Now they changed it: "The Maverick ticket office does not have access to games on the road. For games on the road, pLease contact the host institution."

I snoozed and lost...

Comment

Working...
                                X