X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2014-15 season threat III - Jasmine gets to see us 4 more times

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Mookie you know how it works. People who didn't go to a single game all year would suddenly be interested.
    I had a bunch of PC fans sitting around me last night who seemed to be at their first game.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
      I had a bunch of PC fans sitting around me last night who seemed to be at their first game.
      From what I saw on TV it appeared there was a good crowd at the Dunk last night. Based on how PC typically draws at Schneider, I'm not surprised newbie/bandwagon PC fans are surfacing. I expect to see the same in Boston next weekend.

FWIW, I think we'll see similar with BU fans. I.e. fans who were either last seen in DC in 2009, Frozen Fenway in 2010 or even Red Hot Hockey in 2011, and recently resurfaced. It's all part of success.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Is Kelley Rink at Conte Forum (at Boston College even though it's not a college and not in Boston but the arena is in Boston) not more confusing?
        I think it's similar!

Question for those of you that were in Manchester Saturday night - did anyone see that guy that was down by the BU bench at the start of the game? He had some sort of sign or something that he kept up against the glass as is to see if the players would read it. It was too far from where I was sitting to see what it was, plus his back was to me. Security did finally come and boot him from the section. I didn't know if anyone saw what his sign (or whatever) said.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Is Kelley Rink at Conte Forum (at Boston College even though it's not a college and not in Boston but the arena is in Boston) not more confusing?
          No more so than Parker Rink at Agganis Arena, Towse Rink that the Whittemore Center Arena, J. Thom Lawlor Arena at the S. Peter Volpe Athletic Center, Steve Cady Arena at the Goggin Ice Center or Value City Arena at the Jerome Schottenstein Center.

Sean
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I've been watching hockey for about 12 years, but I seem to not really understand goaltender interference rules. Can someone help me out with this?

On Saturday night, Matt Lane scores a very nice goal and they decided to review it for what could only be a possible goaltender interference penalty according to the announcers (although I suppose you can never rule out a retroactive offsides call anymore). It seemed pretty clear on the ice that there was no goalie interference. They called it a goal on the ice. So why review it in the first place? Did one ref say "hey let's make sure there wasn't goalie interference"? Did the opposing coach ask to have it reviewed? Both of those seem like slippery slopes to me. If refs are going to review a goal every time just because the opposing coach wants them to or because it's not 100% impossible that the player touched the goalie that's going to get annoying real fast. The review also seemed to take way too long for what I saw on the replay. Earlier in that same game, O'Connor gave up a horrible goal. The puck bounced off his glove and behind him. But before the puck actually completely crossed the line (though it almost certainly would have anyway) a UMD player came flying in and skated right into O'Conner. My understanding was that you can't prevent a goalie from making a save (in the crease?) by contacting him. Why was the Lane situation reviewed but the other one wasn't?

Comment

I believe that all calls are reviewed during the tournament.
              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                I believe that all calls are reviewed during the tournament.
                They can review everything for all Mookie cares. Gives the first line a nice break and they can double triple quadruple shift all night long!!
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I wonder what the TOI is for the entire first line -- not just Eichel -- especially in the third.
                  Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                  ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                    I've been watching hockey for about 12 years, but I seem to not really understand goaltender interference rules. Can someone help me out with this?

On Saturday night, Matt Lane scores a very nice goal and they decided to review it for what could only be a possible goaltender interference penalty according to the announcers (although I suppose you can never rule out a retroactive offsides call anymore). It seemed pretty clear on the ice that there was no goalie interference. They called it a goal on the ice. So why review it in the first place? Did one ref say "hey let's make sure there wasn't goalie interference"? Did the opposing coach ask to have it reviewed? Both of those seem like slippery slopes to me. If refs are going to review a goal every time just because the opposing coach wants them to or because it's not 100% impossible that the player touched the goalie that's going to get annoying real fast. The review also seemed to take way too long for what I saw on the replay. Earlier in that same game, O'Connor gave up a horrible goal. The puck bounced off his glove and behind him. But before the puck actually completely crossed the line (though it almost certainly would have anyway) a UMD player came flying in and skated right into O'Conner. My understanding was that you can't prevent a goalie from making a save (in the crease?) by contacting him. Why was the Lane situation reviewed but the other one wasn't?
                    If the puck is in the crease, the player can be in the crease, or if the puck isn't there, the official can determine the player's presence in the crease did not impede the goalie at all (eg, half of one skate in the edge of the crease when the goalie and shot are both on the other side and no contact is made.) In Lane's case, I'm fairly sure they determined since he brought the puck into the crease, not to mention he was being contacted by the UMD defender, he did not break any rules by making contact with the goalie. Same with the UMD player, it was a loose puck in the crease with OC, he has a right to be able to go for that puck without severely impeding OC's ability to make a save. That said, OC had already put that one in the net himself by the time the UMD player got there and made any significant contact. Both calls were correct.
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      If the puck is in the crease, the player can be in the crease, or if the puck isn't there, the official can determine the player's presence in the crease did not impede the goalie at all (eg, half of one skate in the edge of the crease when the goalie and shot are both on the other side and no contact is made.) In Lane's case, I'm fairly sure they determined since he brought the puck into the crease, not to mention he was being contacted by the UMD defender, he did not break any rules by making contact with the goalie. Same with the UMD player, it was a loose puck in the crease with OC, he has a right to be able to go for that puck without severely impeding OC's ability to make a save. That said, OC had already put that one in the net himself by the time the UMD player got there and made any significant contact. Both calls were correct.
                      Don't forget you can interfere with the goalie when he is outside of the crease as well. Maybe the NCAA should just do away with the crease altogether.

Some more point/goals stats: This is the first season since 1995-96 that BU has 4 players with 20+ goals and the first season since 1990-91 that BU has any player with 40+ assists (2 this season and 2 in 1990-91).

Sean
                      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                      BU Hockey highlights and extras
                      NCAA Hockey Financials
                      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        They can review everything for all Mookie cares. Gives the first line a nice break and they can double triple quadruple shift all night long!!
                        +1
                        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Well, thank goodness I already got FF tickets through the NCAA.

Just got an email from BU. Evidently 21 straight years of season tickets and FOH for many of those years doesn't give me enough "Loyalty" points to purchase tickets through BU.

Now I am very curious what my point total is an what rank that puts me at. I haven't seen my point total since Agganis was built. I had the tickets from the NCAA as a backup plan, but thought I would have enough to buy through BU. Guess that's why we have backup plans. LOL.

Comment

I would like to hear what the cut was

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              I would like to hear what the cut was
                              Me too. And if the cut was so high because they sold those 200 balcony tickets to students then I am 100% behind it. If it is very high because the tickets were given to a bunch of administrators that have never gone to a game this season then....

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                                Me too. And if the cut was so high because they sold those 200 balcony tickets to students then I am 100% behind it. If it is very high because the tickets were given to a bunch of administrators that have never gone to a game this season then....
                                well remember. if you had started paying for premium tickets this year and gave that extra $1500 -- guess what?

brownie takes a bunch and shares with admin and donors. a bunch.

interesting that they just sent you an email without details. step one of having a program is that it is open and therefore sharing results should not be something that is held back instead of being shared with the participants. if anything one would then know if they have to up their game---or just quit.

the secrecy is bullchit.

Comment

Working...
                                X