X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2014-15 season threat III - Jasmine gets to see us 4 more times

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    mookie is praying for a bu-bc final game. how friggin' awesome would that be
    That would be awesome. Bet I could get some money for my tickets
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
      For one of the few times ever I agree with you. I don't get this obsessive paranoia over BC. And I am NOT underestimating them...but the record speaks for itself. Can they win? Sure. Union won last year. It's hockey. Anyone can get hot and win. But I like our chances.
      Union was awesome last year, so you can't use that as comparison. And the fact that you don't get the obsessive paranoia kinda says to me you really are new here. As I mentioned earlier today, I realize now that it probably would've been best to have them in Manchester. I feel kinda bad for Harvard. Would've been nice for the O'Regans to have both their kids in the same region.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        BC with a freaking cakewalk to the Garden. ::sobs:: No way they don't come out of that region. Miami?? Oy. If they get by Providence. Didn't one of their best players get hurt?
        nope
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I feel kinda bad for Harvard. Would've been nice for the O'Regans to have both their kids in the same region.
          they can wait to enjoy that in boston in 3 weeks perhaps.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
            Iike Mookie's attitude. Great weekend of hockey coming up against teams we rarely if ever play. BRING IT ON!!!
            Welcome to Manch! Very excited about hosting these 4 teams. The Queen City ain't bad, let me know if y'all need lodging/dining/beverage recommendations?

Go Terriers!
            I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

And the fact that you don't get the obsessive paranoia kinda says to me you really are new here.
              Wrong. Period. I went to games at McHugh Forum. I listened to the old ladies sitting next to us who would say (when we were winning 8-1) "At least OUR boys are American!" I was at the Garden in '76 when BC beat us and my roommate was crying on the way home. I was at the Centrum. I could go on and on but nobody cares...get off this point. You're wrong. I HATE BC. But the fact is there are four or five teams in THIS tournament (not 1948, or 2001 or any other year) that are more dangerous and that I fear more than BC. That's just an objective analysis. WE'RE not playing the game...THEY are. Do you think the players care about what happened then?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Shades of OC in '78?
                And when he said the title game wasnt that special because " we can beat them anytime" or something like that. ( and they did that year 12-5, 10-5, 6-3)

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa
                  And when he said the title game wasnt that special because " we can beat them anytime" or something like that. ( and they did that year 12-5, 10-5, 6-3)

He said, "We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals...we can do that anytime." It was the way it was then. We dominated BC. Things go in cycles. Since York, they have turned it around. Taken in the context of when he said it, it was hysterical because it was absolutely true!

Comment

BC with a freaking cakewalk to the Garden. ::sobs:: No way they don't come out of that region. Miami?? Oy. If they get by Providence. Didn't one of their best players get hurt?
                    Weird, weird brackets. But you know what....#letsdance.
                    I believe so. Also one suspended. Don't under rate MIA, they've travelled the eastern route many times.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

Weird, weird brackets. But you know what....#letsdance.
                      Very much disagree. Miami could be like BC when they finally broke through in 2001 and 2008 after years of disappointment. They have a coach who will have them prepared. Denver is a school with rich history. Providence isn't scared of BC and Gillies can single handily win the regional.

Also, I'm thrilled we avoid BC and Harvard. To be honest, Harvard scares me more.

Comment

i'm coming around to being stuck in manchvegas.

at first i wanted p'town because it offers so much more, PLUS i could go friday into nh and see 2 games. (as opposed to being done with manchvegas and only getting to see one game sunday for the ticket price).

but (BUT!!) that game sunday could be just as good as any mookie'll see in his own regional. any of those (pc-bc, pc-du, mu-du, mu-bc) is worth the price.

Comment

How on earth does a Notre Dame player make the All Tournament Team?? I got the UNH player. UNH actually played at the Garden. Has a player ever made the All Tournament Team that didn't make it to the Conference Championship? There had to have been one or two Lowell players that should have taken that kid's spot. I'm not trying to disparage Notre Dame. I saw them play. They have some really good players. But their season ended weeks ago. He had that amazing of a series?? It was bad enough Evan Rodrigues got screwed out of a HE First Team spot, but this? I'm not sure how that even happens.
                          In 2001 Mike Pandolfo made the all-tournament team after scoring 5 goals in three games vs Providence in the quarterfinals. He lead all players in goals and was tied for the scoring lead with 5 points. Now with the first round added there will likely be more players who have outstanding tournaments but not make the Championship weekend.

Sean
                          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                          BU Hockey highlights and extras
                          NCAA Hockey Financials
                          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

I fear no one. If we lose so be it but this team is stocked with talent much like 2009 up and down the roster. If they can't win it all this year, when can they? Jack Eichel is the best college hockey player since Paul Kariya, and I never thought I'd see a better BU player than Drury. Unlike past tournament years, when the team didn't seem to give their best effort on the big stage I'm expecting Quinn to have them focused and flying around the ice no matter the opponent.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              In 2001 Mike Pandolfo made the all-tournament team after scoring 5 goals in three games vs Providence in the quarterfinals. He lead all players in goals and was tied for the scoring lead with 5 points. Now with the first round added there will likely be more players who have outstanding tournaments but not make the Championship weekend.

Sean
                              mookie -- right again (make a note of this rover )

Comment

Keep overlooking Yale, that is the plan. See you Friday.
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X