• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2015 Hobey Top-Ten

Hobey Hat Trick announced:

Eichel, MacIntyre, Vesey
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
      By "score", I hope you mean he can generate scoring opportunities, because he leads the nation in assists, and so many of them are friggin' ridiculous. More impressive than his actual goals.

And for what it is worth (and I can't say I've seen Reilly play much), I disagree wholeheartedly. Eichel plays in all situations, including shorthanded. I don't think many coaches would put out a freshman forward on the PK if they can't play good defensive hockey. So I don't think it is likely at all that he is a one-dimensional player. Is he the best defensive forward in college hockey? Of course not. But he shouldn't have to be to win the Hobey. He has the highest PPG in the country and it isn't even close.

My very biased opinion is that he is the best college hockey player since Paul Kariya. Watch some BU games, and I think you may change your opinion. Has he had some "off" games. Sure, but he is the 4th youngest player in the country, dealing with pressure like none of us can imagine, and he has come in and totally exceeded even the loftiest expectations for him.
      +1

Comment

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6144645

Comment

That was good for a laugh... you should be the one that is embarrassed.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
            This is like the Michigan Tech guy on Twitter yesterday demanding an explanation from the NCAA why the leaders in the fan vote were not in the top three.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              This is like the Michigan Tech guy on Twitter yesterday demanding an explanation from the NCAA why the leaders in the fan vote were not in the top three.
              It's such a conspiracy against uno!!!! Give them the respect they think they deserve!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                Speaking of embarrassing... Do the nacho eaters really think their conference is the "SEC of college hockey"?
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                  that tweet gave me a legitimate laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by tape View Post
                    that tweet gave me a legitimate laugh.
                    I felt bad for the kid almost, he legitimately did not know the fan vote was completely irrelevant, and was so down and out when he was told so. It did bring up a legitimate argument though, why even bother having it?
                    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

drums up interest/gets people talking about college hockey, I guess?

I mean it's technically not completely irrelevant, it counts for something like 2% of the total or something like that. Probably the equivalent of one coach's vote.

(frankly, going by the fan vote results, I'm glad it doesn't count for much.)

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        I can't say I've seen much BU hockey as well.
                        This is where you should have stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Speaking of embarrassing... Do the nacho eaters really think their conference is the "SEC of college hockey"?
                          You have forgive Red Cows. He gets a little wound up occasionally.
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Can anyone explain to me why McIntyre is getting a nomination over other goaltenders like Hayton and Lyon? Does playing in Grand Forks give him some kind of qualification I'm not aware of?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                              Can anyone explain to me why McIntyre is getting a nomination over other goaltenders like Hayton and Lyon? Does playing in Grand Forks give him some kind of qualification I'm not aware of?
                              Wins. And playing in a difficult conference.

r

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                                Yes
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X