The 2015-16 Schedules Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    That would make Northern Michigan long two. Which Alaska team do they go to?
    NMU goes to Fairbanks.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Re: The 2015-16 Schedules Thread

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      NMU goes to Fairbanks.
      Have the rest of NMU's conference cluster setup, by any chance? We might as well get those situated.

Comment

RIT's OOC:
        * at St. Lawrence (Oct)
        * at Clarkson (Oct)
        * Bowling Green (Most likely 10/17)
        * at Boston College (Nov - thanksgiving weekend i think?)
        * Colgate
        * at Colgate
        Last edited by mar7967; 03-19-2015, 07:35 AM.
        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
        Men's Frozen Four 2010
        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Have the rest of NMU's conference cluster setup, by any chance? We might as well get those situated.
          For WCHA teams, look at the schedule from 2013-14. It's the same. Just flip the home and road games with the teams you only played one series against.

NMU will play four games against Tech, Fairbanks, Mankato, Ferris and Huntsville, two at home and two away. Then I believe they should have 2 games at home against Anchorage & Bemidji and road trips to LSSU & Bowling Green.

In non-conference they are at Wisconsin, at the GLI, home against UMD, then I believe a home & home with LSSU.
          Last edited by davyd83; 03-19-2015, 07:25 AM.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

For WCHA teams, look at the schedule from 2013-14. It's the same. Just flip the home and road games with the teams you only played one series against.

NMU will play four games against Tech, Fairbanks, Mankato, Ferris and Huntsville, two at home and two away. Then I believe they should have 2 games at home against Anchorage & Bemidji and road trips to LSSU & Bowling Green.

In non-conference they are at Wisconsin, at the GLI, home against UMD, then I believe a home & home with LSSU.
            Does the league also specify dates, or just who plays who, and the teams pick dates on their own? Might be nice to get all of that filled in right away, and at least the second half of the season would be easily figured out.

Comment

So for Bemidji State's schedule, the year BSU pulls the Big Three in trips:

Home: Mankato, Huntsville, Ferris, Lake Superior, Alaska, Michigan Tech, Bowling Green

Away: Mankato, Huntsville, Ferris, Lake Superior, Alaska, Anchorage, Northern Michigan

Non-Conference: North Star Cup for sure. I would think North Dakota (home and home) and St. Cloud (away) would still be on the schedule, and with Alaska trips, BSU would still have up to four more games to fill, 38 total, if they so choose. I have heard that Arizona State in Bemidji may be a possibility. I am not 100% sure on the pairings for the North Star Cup and whether BSU would have a match up with the Gophers there or in a non-conference series.
              Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 03-19-2015, 08:29 AM.
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Does the league also specify dates, or just who plays who, and the teams pick dates on their own? Might be nice to get all of that filled in right away, and at least the second half of the season would be easily figured out.
                Most of the dates are set, but haven't been released yet. Once the league has given the teams the first draft of the schedule, there is often a bit of shuffling that goes on amongst the teams. There are time when teams may seek to move a series to a mutual open date to facilitate non conference play or to better place their bye week, or teams that play four times may look to flip home dates with their opponent. The official conference dates won't be released until they are all set in stone. I don't have an official release date.

Comment

Most of the dates are set, but haven't been released yet. Once the league has given the teams the first draft of the schedule, there is often a bit of shuffling that goes on amongst the teams. There are time when teams may seek to move a series to a mutual open date to facilitate non conference play or to better place their bye week, or teams that play four times may look to flip home dates with their opponent. The official conference dates won't be released until they are all set in stone. I don't have an official release date.
                  Somehow the ECAC's league schedule, outside of games between travel partners and games moved to aid Harvard's fruitless quest to win a Beanpot, always seems to get out early.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Somehow the ECAC's league schedule, outside of games between travel partners and games moved to aid Harvard's fruitless quest to win a Beanpot, always seems to get out early.
                    They still include the games, but never fear, the wise sage behind the spreadsheet knows the date will be moved.

NCHC seems to also be good with putting out a league schedule early, as well as Hockey East ever since they went to their current format. Sadly, the Big However-many-schools-they-have-now likes to move around games in order to accommodate squeakball, which makes life difficult, and the AHA, well, do any of the teams outside of RIT and maybe Bentley really see hockey as important?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                      So for Bemidji State's schedule, the year BSU pulls the Big Three in trips:

Home: Mankato, Huntsville, Ferris, Lake Superior, Alaska, Michigan Tech, Bowling Green

Away: Mankato, Huntsville, Ferris, Lake Superior, Alaska, Anchorage, Northern Michigan

Non-Conference: North Star Cup for sure. I would think North Dakota (home and home) and St. Cloud (away) would still be on the schedule, and with Alaska trips, BSU would still have up to four more games to fill, 38 total, if they so choose. I have heard that Arizona State in Bemidji may be a possibility. I am not 100% sure on the pairings for the North Star Cup and whether BSU would have a match up with the Gophers there or in a non-conference series.
                      Besides the North Star Cup, BSU will be hosting Arizona State and home and home with North Dakota. Also on the schedule will be St. Cloud (which I am assuming will be in St. Cloud), and Duluth (no notice on where).
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

The WCHA released their conference schedule for 2013-14 on March 7. I wonder why they released it early that year and why can't they release early like that every year?

Also head coach Damon Whitten has said that LSSU's schedule will be out a bit earlier this year.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          The WCHA released their conference schedule for 2013-14 on March 7. I wonder why they released it early that year and why can't they release early like that every year?

Also head coach Damon Whitten has said that LSSU's schedule will be out a bit earlier this year.
                          I'm going to go with the uninformed speculation of "we did 2013-14 a number of ways to bring everyone under one roof, and when we took UAH, we sped that process up to completion". UAH needed to lock down the dates, and I'm sure that those without a home they share with anyone else wanted the same.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

They still include the games, but never fear, the wise sage behind the spreadsheet knows the date will be moved.
                            I wrote that wrong. I meant that they included Harvard's games without an indication of which would be changed.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              I wrote that wrong. I meant that they included Harvard's games without an indication of which would be changed.
                              They'll do that, because it's easier to display a tentative date and put a "subject to change" note in the document. We can pretty much figure when the Beanpot will be (first two Mondays in February), so our adjustment is easy enough, as my spreadsheet has an area where we can say who an opponent is (along with where if we know it), but we don't know when.

Also, there's no guarantee that it gets moved. The game with Brown this past year didn't get moved.

Comment

Interesting addition to the schedules of both UNO and Wisconsin on back-to-back nights:

http://www.langleyadvance.com/sports...016-1.1795771#

Other than a single game against the Under 18 team in February of the '12-'13 season (a game that is omitted from the season-by-season schedule in the "Oh, so accurate" UNO Press Guide), this will be the first in-season exhibition game for UNO since the '98-'99 season. And, it is an odd opponent to say the least and even odder still is when. UNO has been playing "two for two" non-conference series over the New Year's Holiday the past several seasons.

The Saturday night the day after New Year's Day, a night on which one of the BCS national semifinal games will probably be played? And this is who UNO schedules? The school projected sell-outs for every game next season in their revenue projections for UNO's new arena. Unless the entire season sells out in advance, I predict there is no way this game is a sell-out. As a season ticket holder, I can tell you here and now it is unlikely I will go out of my way to attend this game. I mean, for what? For the novelty of seeing UNO play a team they are unlikely to ever face again, in a game that doesn't count, and is an open invitation to getting someone injured in a meaningless game in a season where I personally believe UNO might be both an NCHC and NCAA title threat? I don't see the sense in this at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X