Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
    Mel P show summary for 3-30, questions only. I didn't post a summary of the game. Didn't feel like reliving it.

I have to agree with Mel regarding NCAA tourney neutral sites vs. home sites. Something needs to give to go to home sites. Right now, the bigger schools will only do 2x1s or 1 for none, typically resulting in more wins, higher PWR and then get home sites for playoffs. Something has to balance that out.
    The only way the 2-1s will go away is when teams stop accepting them. 1-0 usually comes with a nice financial guarantee. But with Ann Arbor & MSU, they grace you with the honor of their presence once and you go to their barn twice on your dime.
    Last edited by davyd83; 03-30-2015, 01:34 PM.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      The only way the 2-1s will go away is when teams stop accepting them. 1-0 usually comes with a nice financial guarantee. But with Ann Arbor & MSU, they grace you with the honor of their presence once and you go to their barn twice on your dime.

Like John Prine sings, "that's the way that the world goes round". I don't have any real issues with 2 for 1's. If Mel is willing to play UM and MSU twice at their barn, i'm all for it. I hope Tech gets Penn State on the schedule. Hockey Valley is really cool. Tech fans would enjoy that trip.
      "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
        I hope Tech gets Penn State on the schedule.
        Only as a replacement for one of the other three. We have too much B1G NC scheduling already...

Comment

I've started the off-season thread... onward and upward.
          Go Tech!
          Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I have @ Michigan State, @ Michigan, vs Wisconsin penciled in for next season along with the GLI (we get 8 NC games next year)
            There is also the possibility that one of those gets bumped to 2016-17 to make room for Mariucci Classic in Minneapolis if schedules work out between that and GLI.
            2016-17 I have GLI, @ Michigan State and @ Lake State penciled right now (we get 10 NC games in '16-17)

Other than GLI and 2 games with LSSU every other year, thats all I have for potential NC games. There is the possibility that the Michigan State or Michigan deals become 2 for 2 but I'm pretty sure they were not signed that way.

Now that the season is over and its time to look ahead to next season, I'm going to attempt to get caught up on THG recruiting news starting in the middle of April. Lots to talk about between the potentially redshirted players and trying to figure out who is coming in next season.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
              Size. unless you're Johnny Hockey Gaudreau, 99.9% guys that size stay all 4 years. especially undrafted guys.
              I agree with this. He is a goal scorer no doubt but not Gaudreau style...

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Maybe focus on your own thread, instead of butting in here? Ok?
                Oh OK.

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Well said and I agree st cloud is a good team but und let them win and uno was hurt
                Except your boy here was the first one to talk about SCSU vs. UND.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

• I didn't see it elsewhere, but what are the dates for next season's GLI?

Comment

• Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                    I didn't see it elsewhere, but what are the dates for next season's GLI?
                    Dates haven't been announced yet.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Congrats to Mel Pearson on winning CHN Coach of the Year.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...e_year_mel.php
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                        Congrats to Mel Pearson on winning CHN Coach of the Year.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...e_year_mel.php
                        Any award for 14-15 that doesn't have him winning is bogus, and that's even is someone awards it to Mike Corbett.

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          Any award for 14-15 that doesn't have him winning is bogus, and that's even is someone awards it to Mike Corbett.

GFM
                          well he can't win the Penrose since they picked Hastings for WCHA Coach of the Year.

I'm sure Mel would trade the award to have the end of the SCSU play out differently...sigh

Comment

I'm sure Mel would trade the award to have the end of the SCSU play out differently...sigh
                            I'm still really sad for y'all and can't imagine what it feels like. When UAH lost in 2OT to Notre Dame, it hurt like hell, but you know ... we had little business being in the postseason. But Tech? Tech was awesome this year.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

well he can't win the Penrose since they picked Hastings for WCHA Coach of the Year.

Yea, Mel did mention that he thinks the players can get over a tough loss like that easier than the coaches...

Comment

Working...
                              X