Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech post season thread, hunting for hardware!

Originally posted by Broseph Stalin View Post
    Once upon a time a team cancelled a game because "too many" of their players "were sick". I don't remember which team that was, but I agree, it's pretty pathetic!
    Seriously??? Since when has a Tech fan whined like a U of M fan?

Let it go. We got beat. Period. We showed we can play with them. We just need to mature as a team and learn how to finish. Mankato kicked it up a notch at the 8:00 minute mark of the third period and we did not have the jump in our legs to match their intensity.

I think the 3OT game also played a role. You can't recover from something like that in a week. That being said, the guys need to 'know" they can win rather than "think" they can win.

They'll learn from this and be ready next week. I have that confidence.
    Last edited by Superfly100; 03-22-2015, 06:45 PM.

Comment

It is looking like we'll be having a convoy driving from the Twin Cities on Friday morning. Leaving at about 8. Anyone coming from this direction or through the cities may as well join the convoy.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Don't forget the walkie talkies.
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by melmac View Post
          Don't forget the walkie talkies.
          Oh yeah.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Oh yeah.
            How many vehicles?

I'm thinking monikers like "Tech Once", "GDSOB", and "Go Tech Go".
            Although, that may set too negative of a tone for the weekend.

Speaking of the trek, anyone have space on the couch or floor for me to get a 4-6 hour nap in the Twin Cities metro early Friday morning?
            Last edited by HuskyNation; 03-22-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
              How many vehicles?

I'm thinking monikers like "Tech Once", "GDSOB", and "Go Tech Go".
              Although, that may set too negative of a tone for the weekend.

Speaking of the trek, anyone have space on the couch or floor for me to get a 4-6 hour nap in the Twin Cities metro early Friday morning?
              Not sure yet...However many show up. I think we have 4, maybe 6 people in our group at this point.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

we are in the death bracket. when is the last time we beat St Cloud. and if that miracle rains down from the sky, we're gong to beat UND? consider it an achievement we made the NCAAs and not as a bubble team. (please, please, please prove me wrong)

Mankato WAS the better team. still, I would have liked to have seen the results with a fairly reffed game and all the players health. it wasn't "bodily fluids" illness, but some form of the crap that was around all winter. sure, its not an excuse, but, players may not perform to their peak. I thought a couple of those goals were usually easy grabs for Jamie.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

• Good luck at the tournament. You will represent us well. And your band is awesome! Best in college hockey. Nobody else comes close.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    we are in the death bracket. when is the last time we beat St Cloud. and if that miracle rains down from the sky, we're gong to beat UND? consider it an achievement we made the NCAAs and not as a bubble team. (please, please, please prove me wrong)

Mankato WAS the better team. still, I would have liked to have seen the results with a fairly reffed game and all the players health. it wasn't "bodily fluids" illness, but some form of the crap that was around all winter. sure, its not an excuse, but, players may not perform to their peak. I thought a couple of those goals were usually easy grabs for Jamie.
                    The Manchester bracket is worse.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

We beat them the last time we played them. March 2, 2013.

Safe to say we have a much different team having a much better season.

We can beat them.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        The Manchester bracket is worse.
                        I was hoping for anything but Fargo. too hostile and abusive. too green. too Dakota.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

I was hoping for anything but Fargo. too hostile and abusive. too green. too Dakota.
                          Too sold out
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly100 View Post
                            We beat them the last time we played them. March 2, 2013.

Safe to say we have a much different team having a much better season.

We can beat them.
                            that makes me feel a little better. during the Russell years SCStearns had our number. s***, they even arrested our fans.
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Too sold out
                              too too.

ah, well, it is what it is.

GO TECH!
                              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                Too sold out
                                This. Very much this.

Comment

Working...
                                X