Bentley Begins Process to Build On-Campus Rink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    congrats to Bentley fans, players & alumni. Facility looks great.. & with the sensible seating capacity will be an enjoyable (and at times formidable), place to play. Best for opening wknd & beyond.
    Thanks for the really nice post. I hope that our two teams can continue to play home and home games for years to come.

Comment

• Re: Bentley Begins Process to Build On-Campus Rink

So, with the JAR out to pasture, what is the new worst rink in D1? I assume ASU (listed capacity 500)? But maybe some of the larger rinks suck more? Sacred Heart only posting an average 4.5% attendance this year.. woof

P.S. Thanks, now I have U2 "Gloria" stuck in my head. In Te Domine!

Comment

• Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
        So, with the JAR out to pasture, what is the new worst rink in D1? I assume ASU (listed capacity 500)? But maybe some of the larger rinks suck more? Sacred Heart only posting an average 4.5% attendance this year.. woof

P.S. Thanks, now I have U2 "Gloria" stuck in my head. In Te Domine!
        Pretty funny, YS. Also, check out a THEM YouTube vid of Gloria circa 1964.

Perhaps the Bentley students will have placards on sticks with Gloria Larson's face to wave at the games this weekend; she has really embraced Bentley hockey the past couple of years. Last month Gloria was fortunate to celebrate our longtime women's basketball coach reaching 1000 wins.
        Last edited by Snively65; 02-16-2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

90 minutes until Mission Accomplished.

As Hannibal from "The A Team" used to say, I love it when a plan comes together.
          Bentley University Hockey
          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

While I was relegated to watching from home out here in SoCal, the arena looked fantastic on TV. The audio quality of those broadcasts has always made it sound like there were about 11 people in attendance. Despite that, it sounded and looked like a great atmosphere. Jim Connelly from USCHO was surely impressed with the toilets.

Comment

I was at both games this weekend. The building was just electric both nights and my fellow faculty and staff members were absolutely wowed by the experience.

Comment

Need to beat AIC and get a little help from our friends next weekend so that Bentley can extend their season for two or three more games in the new arena.

Comment

My impressions:

This venue seems very well thought out and planned. Everything about it works. Entrance and exits, lighting, audio, video (although I'd prefer the jumbotron remain a scoreboard during play, and not a live video feed of the action), hype production, colors and appearances, bathrooms, concessions, private event facilities, it all works great. While I was skeptical about the size at first, I now see the value of having a barn that will more often be full than half-empty. Despite that smaller capacity, I will put this facility up against any college hockey barn in New England in terms of pure quality. Well worth thr trip from anywhere in New England.

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                    My impressions:

This venue seems very well thought out and planned. Everything about it works. Entrance and exits, lighting, audio, video (although I'd prefer the jumbotron remain a scoreboard during play, and not a live video feed of the action), hype production, colors and appearances, bathrooms, concessions, private event facilities, it all works great. While I was skeptical about the size at first, I now see the value of having a barn that will more often be full than half-empty. Despite that smaller capacity, I will put this facility up against any college hockey barn in New England in terms of pure quality. Well worth thr trip from anywhere in New England.
                    Thanks for the report, schiegs. Should be getting LEED Platinum status, also. Looking forward to my first visit next October.
                    Last edited by Snively65; 03-02-2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                      My impressions:

I haven't heard better evidence for Bentley as a HEA candidate

Comment

• Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                        I haven't heard better evidence for Bentley as a HEA candidate
                        Strangely, Bentley has been more competitive against HEA teams than against teams in their own AHC the past few seasons. With attendance down dramatically across college hockey, the 1917 seating capacity at Delifice Rink might not be the obstacle for the HEA that it was perceived to be just a couple of years ago. And, I think that it would make good sense to get both conferences back to an even number of teams.

Comment

Working...
                        X