NMU @ BGSU: You Again?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU @ BGSU: You Again?!

NMU is playing Bowling Green... Time to get those playoff beards going I guess

Thoughts?
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: NMU @ BGSU: You Again?!

"Cotton candy, sweet and low, let me see that tootsie roll..."

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      NMU is playing Bowling Green... Time to get those playoff beards going I guess

Thoughts?

Walt's last hurrah? Northern looked like a team that couldn't wait for the season to end last weekend against Tech.
      "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Kinda quiet in this thread. Not sure if it's nervousness from Wildcat fans about this weekend and what summer could bring, Falcon fans nervous about playing a Wildcat team with zero expectations on their home ice in the playoffs (like BGSU at NMU four years ago), or both.

I'm hoping to make the drive from Chicago for Saturdays game, if the stars align correctly.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by eye4talent View Post
          Walt's last hurrah? Northern looked like a team that couldn't wait for the season to end last weekend against Tech.
          I certainly hope not. There are too many issues above Walt's pay grade that need to be settled. There needs to be commitment to supporting a Division 1 hockey program. Quit acting like a Division III school.

Walt isn't the problem, and if the University thinks he is, then we're headed down the path that MTU was on for 30 years and LSSU currently for 20.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

And triple post because I need to maintain my post count...

Anyone else craving Tootsie Rolls?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Kinda quiet in this thread. Not sure if it's nervousness from Wildcat fans about this weekend and what summer could bring, Falcon fans nervous about playing a Wildcat team with zero expectations on their home ice in the playoffs (like BGSU at NMU four years ago), or both.
              A little of both, likely. I certainly hope that we have shaken off the 3rd period let downs. I do know that the team is relishing the chance at some retribution after your last trip to BG.

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                A little of both, likely. I certainly hope that we have shaken off the 3rd period let downs. I do know that the team is relishing the chance at some retribution after your last trip to BG.
                The payback part is what worries me... BGSU will be looking for the Cats this time around... With us skating shorthanded and lacking in talent, I think this doesn't end well... If we're gonna do something, Doan is gonna have to steal at least one, if not both games...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

That’s a fact: The Wildcats have not won a first-round series since the 2010 CCHA playoffs when they advanced to the conference championship game and the NCAA tournament.
                  Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2015/03/12/play...#ixzz3UCyH0YSW
                  NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

I certainly hope not. There are too many issues above Walt's pay grade that need to be settled. There needs to be commitment to supporting a Division 1 hockey program. Quit acting like a Division III school.

Walt isn't the problem, and if the University thinks he is, then we're headed down the path that MTU was on for 30 years and LSSU currently for 20.
                    THIS.

I've been trying to tell this to people who think Walt is the problem for a while now.

Comment

We had the same issues when Buddy Powers was the coach (although I do believe that he created some of those issues himself). The university did not want to invest any money into the program and many believed (or hoped) that interest in the program was flagging. Buddy had requested money for an addition to the arena for coach's offices and a lounge area for the team, as well as an upgrade to the locker rooms. He felt that the lack of these amenities was making it very difficult to recruit. He was turned down. He then asked if he could start a fund raiser for the project which was allowed. Most felt that, due to the perceived lack of public interest in the program, that he would fail miserably. The money, however, was raised in record time and the addition was added. Sadly, Buddy only spent one season in the new office because he was let go after his contract expired so he never really had the opportunity to use the new digs as a recruiting tool. His effort did, however, extend the life of the program. So in comes Scott Paluch who, at the time, many thought was a great hire since he was second in command of Boston College. Not so much. He had a couple of fair seasons in his tenure here, but could never recapture the magic of 80's and early 90's. This was likely due to the fact that he was universally hated and disrespected by the players. A very bad combination. Players can hate a coach but if they respect his hockey knowledge and ability to coach, he can still be successful (this basically describes Jerry York). So the program starts to take another nose dive. Add to this the fact that we had an AD and university president who hated hockey (another really bad combination), and the program gets slated for the chopping block. The rest of the story has been well publicized (although there were some other contributing factors that I can't go into), so I'll stop my rambling.

So now we have our first 20+ win season since 1995 (20 freaking years. God it's been painful!) and have a chance of getting a bid to the NCAA tournament. It's amazing what a solid commitment to a program can do.

Comment

Gerard Hanson returns to the lineup tonight.

Let's go boys!

Comment

Two leads tonight. 0 for 3 on the PP.

Comment

Cats played well tonight. They kind of fizzled out for awhile in the 3Rd but picked it back up again. BGSU goalie was hard to get pucks past. Doan also played well. His record really does not do him justice. Hopefully the Cats can get a W tomorrow.
                            Go Cats!

Comment

Helluva game! I have nothing else to say other than this was a classic!

Now, if UAH can pull out the win against MTU. Guererro(sp?) putting on a goal tending clinic. 53 saves so far and in the second ot. Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                              X