Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC8NIY
    replied
    Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Agreed, seems that things aligned pretty well with ND losing badly at WMU, LSSU losing and OSU/UNO tied going into the third. Maybe that can go to a shootout so neither gets three points. The NMU SO win only netted them two points and Ferris is still within hailing distance above us. Now we await what Alaska and State do.
    Go Green!

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
    The Lakers losing tonight puts us officially ahead of them into fourth, with games in hand over Notre Dame. Should pick up another 2 points on Lake State over the rest of the long weekend too. A little sad that moving into first round bye position is worth celebrating this year, but take what we can get I guess....
    Agreed, seems that things aligned pretty well with ND losing badly at WMU, LSSU losing and OSU/UNO tied going into the third. Maybe that can go to a shootout so neither gets three points. The NMU SO win only netted them two points and Ferris is still within hailing distance above us. Now we await what Alaska and State do.

Leave a comment:

• wooderson
    replied

The Lakers losing tonight puts us officially ahead of them into fourth, with games in hand over Notre Dame. Should pick up another 2 points on Lake State over the rest of the long weekend too. A little sad that moving into first round bye position is worth celebrating this year, but take what we can get I guess....

Leave a comment:

• KC8NIY
    replied

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
    After we beat bucky tomorrow at their dump of a Football stadium, we "should" shoot up within the Top 15 IMO and estimation.
    As a casual observer of PWR rankings, I don't see us moving further than 16th with a win tomorrow and other results going our way.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
    Not that it really matters, but we dropped to 20th in the PWR after the Beanpot games on Monday, not the Bowling Green game yesterday.
    After we beat bucky tomorrow at their dump of a Football stadium, we "should" shoot up within the Top 15 IMO and estimation.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
    Not that it really matters, but we dropped to 20th in the PWR after the Beanpot games on Monday, not the Bowling Green game yesterday.
    Yeah I know. Darned Hockey East.

Leave a comment:

• kdilks
    replied

Weird bounce off of the boards, apparently. Somehow the puck found its way into his trapper, though.

Hat's off to the Falcons. Played hard and, except for the stupidity of taking a 5 minute HFB that led to the two PPG's, they played toe to toe with Michigan.

And as a result, Michigan is now in 4th (at least until this weekend.) The sad news, they dropped to 20th in the PWR. Something to motivate them for Saturday night. Bigger beans to re-fry next week.

I feel dirty saying this, but go Spar_ _ _ s.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

I understand why you are saying that but still it's evil. Don't you have any pride man?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    The only time I take "pride" into consideration is when it doesn't benefit our program. At this juncture, I would rather lower myself to a casual rooting interest than not. Afterall, if Michigan had taken care of business head on, we may not had to rely on others to do it for us.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Weird bounce off of the boards, apparently. Somehow the puck found its way into his trapper, though.

Hat's off to the Falcons. Played hard and, except for the stupidity of taking a 5 minute HFB that led to the two PPG's, they played toe to toe with Michigan.

And as a result, Michigan is now in 4th (at least until this weekend.) The sad news, they dropped to 20th in the PWR. Something to motivate them for Saturday night. Bigger beans to re-fry next week.

I understand why you are saying that but still it's evil. Don't you have any pride man?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    Apparently 2 BG players whacked at it at the edge of the crease with Hogan virtually behind the net - somehow dove back around to keep it out.
    Oh well

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Michigan beats BG 2-1 on the strength of two first period PP goals, and outshot the Falcons 30-13. Hogan had to make a game saving stop in the last minutes during a BG PP.
    Apparently 2 BG players whacked at it at the edge of the crease with Hogan virtually behind the net - somehow dove back around to keep it out.
    Oh well

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Michigan beats BG 2-1 on the strength of two first period PP goals, and outshot the Falcons 30-13. Hogan had to make a game saving stop in the last minutes during a BG PP.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Shaking my head looking at BG's stats.

53rd in scoring offense. 54th in defense. 52nd ranked PP. 55th ranked PK. 10th overall in PM's (tied with... us.) Only 2 players on the roster with a (+) rating.

Eno, .897 sv%. Only away "win" at Yost this season.

I can't imagine looking ahead to Saturday, but I also can't imagine that our guys aren't looking at the same thing. UGH.

Leave a comment:

• KC8NIY
    replied

Michigan will want to extract revenge.
    Revenge will be ours!

But not until we suck it all out of them.

/nazi

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    With all of our focus here on Wisconsin, I sure hope the players remember the far more important series at this point- BGSU tomorrow and next Tuesday....

While Wisconsin will help whatever index we have left, the BGSU pair can help us get home ice for the first round of the CCHA. Those two are ones we must win.
    That is a valid concern although I seriously don't think that the guys will be over-looking BGSU as Bowling Green beat Michigan at home earlier in the year. Michigan will want to extract revenge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X