Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MavRick
    replied
    Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    How is it arrogant if it's true? I don't get that. Really- how many Michigan fans think of UNO of some great rival? I'm not detached- I'm just not conviced that we should consider UNO some great rival on the order of MSU or OSU....

Look, your team is young (<20 years in D1), and you are cows and not Cornhuskers. It's as if you want us to look at teams like UMD like UMTC, just because they are both "the University of Minnesota"..

But, hey, if the hate keeps your warm at night, I suppose that keeps your heating bills low.
    I actually don't think we're disagreeing much. I get that we're not rivals and I understand why that is. I do not argue you should change it; indeed sort of the callous, indiscriminate nature of M - the atrocious way you treat fans who, by your own admission, you don't hate, is one of the things we enjoy hating on.

The only thing I'd correct is this. While there are exceptions (Streaker is my constant reminder not to treat you as a monolith, the above paragraph notwithstanding), we really don't want to be thought of in the same thought as the Huskers. There's a rural/urban, Omaha paying for the rest of Nebraska thing that's beyond the scope of this thread.

Anyway. You've been a great villain, as I said before. I just don't see putting the Gophers in the Sioux in the same pitch-burining hate category as we put you guys in. You never forget your first, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• NoClu
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Oh, and as far as Langlais, you can boo him all you want as long as you also boo the tool that took the five minute boarding penalty for your team, too.
    Hudson.

Unfortunately, M fans won't be able to boo him on the ice b/c he'll be wearing a suit tonight.

Cheating. Arrogance. Want to roll out any more third grade stereotypes? And Rick is right, BTW. You represent a cross section of bitter fan nation- not exactly unique when it comes to opposing fanbases and Michigan, but not completely representative of all UNO fans.

I'm really looking forward to the game tonight. We'll see if M comes out more disciplined and if the Mav's can continue to play top shelf hockey.

Nice quote from Red btw, "We saw their best and they didn't see our best."

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by MavRick View Post
    I'm due for another negrep from MAVFANJEFF!!!111 so I'll invite you to disregard him as a marginal (at best) representation of us.

Hard fought game. I am certain it will be harder fought tonight.

One final thought: One of my crew has a nephew in town who goes to State but roots for U-M. (I don't know how one does that and lives, but whatever.) He said: Technically speaking, Michigan scored more goals than UNO Friday.
    Poor guy needs a barn to sleep in. Let him in mavpuck, eh?

Hard fought game, indeed. Martin, Ambroz and Broadhurst were terrific. And yes, Llewellyn, who happens to be my favorite whipping boy, did us no favors last night. You saw the microcosm of this year's Michigan team: fast and talented yet undisciplined, filled with defensive mental lapses, hampered by their failure to finish offensively, and nominal goaltending. One goal losses this season- and I think I counted six off the top of my head- (BU, MSU, RPI, FSU, Wis, UNO) will only be one of the reasons they will not make the NCAA tourney.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
    yep long overdue. "Us"???? Who is "us"?????

You must be referring to the mavpuck society of people who think they're better fans than anyone else so we don't let anyone else join our website without a vote and a background check. Bite me.

I'll be booing #7 just as loud as everyone else with my hoarse voice tonight when he touches the puck but that doesn't make me any better or worse of a fan.
    Jeff if you have an axe to grind with Mavpuck take it over to Mavmania and stay out of this thread. Pretty ironic, though, that you are the only Mav fan (at least on this site) that would rather hurl insults than celebrate a victory. But, if that is the perspective you are willing to take then fine. The WCHA fans can deal with you.

Oh, and as far as Langlais, you can boo him all you want as long as you also boo the tool that took the five minute boarding penalty for your team, too. Cheating. Arrogance. Want to roll out any more third grade stereotypes? And Rick is right, BTW. You represent a cross section of bitter fan nation- not exactly unique when it comes to opposing fanbases and Michigan, but not completely representative of all UNO fans.

Just the same, you'd prefer to piddle in the wind, at least for last night, maybe tonight. Just make sure you take a shower when you are done. Either way, your fanbase and our fanbase agree on at least one point: you are truly the definition of a maverick since none of us want you around.

Leave a comment:

• MAVFANJEFF
    replied

Good for you cows to win a game. And it's good to see the moo'ing over how happy you are. You sound like you lost.....

And I know you feel all proud of yourself
    No just real proud of our team. MOOOOOO LOL

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by MavRick View Post
    Of the things that bother me, those are way down the list. It's a yen-yang thing. Good has no meaning without evil. And there's an art to arrogant detachment (as in your post), which I respect.
    How is it arrogant if it's true? I don't get that. Really- how many Michigan fans think of UNO of some great rival? I'm not detached- I'm just not conviced that we should consider UNO some great rival on the order of MSU or OSU....

Look, your team is young (<20 years in D1), and you are cows and not Cornhuskers. It's as if you want us to look at teams like UMD like UMTC, just because they are both "the University of Minnesota"..

But, hey, if the hate keeps your warm at night, I suppose that keeps your heating bills low.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Yes they should be 3 stars. Especially chad langlala for his diving acts. Good job weasels.And good job red I think the Kings coach was right. All red did tonight is teach his boys to cheat once they fell behind. Face off interference my *****.
    Good for you cows to win a game. And it's good to see the moo'ing over how happy you are. You sound like you lost.....

And I know you feel all proud of yourself (even though YOU are not on the ice), but let's be a little realistic. Besides this being only the 5th time you've won, pretty much every other CCHA team has beat us this year, too. So it's really nothing special. Yet another CCHA loss for '09-'10.

Leave a comment:

• MAVFANJEFF
    replied

yep long overdue. "Us"???? Who is "us"?????

You must be referring to the mavpuck society of people who think they're better fans than anyone else so we don't let anyone else join our website without a vote and a background check. Bite me.

I'll be booing #7 just as loud as everyone else with my hoarse voice tonight when he touches the puck but that doesn't make me any better or worse of a fan.

Leave a comment:

• MavRick
    replied

I'm due for another negrep from MAVFANJEFF!!!111 so I'll invite you to disregard him as a marginal (at best) representation of us.

Hard fought game. I am certain it will be harder fought tonight.

One final thought: One of my crew has a nephew in town who goes to State but roots for U-M. (I don't know how one does that and lives, but whatever.) He said: Technically speaking, Michigan scored more goals than UNO Friday.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Yes they should be 3 stars. Especially chad langlala for his diving acts. Good job weasels.And good job red I think the Kings coach was right. All red did tonight is teach his boys to cheat once they fell behind. Face off interference my *****.
    Don't come into our thread and start the cheap trash talking. First win over Michigan in four (4) years, only five (5) over Michigan in ten years, never won a title, one NCAA appearance (where you got tanked), etc. etc. Enjoy your win- but you certainly show the azz in classlessness with your comments.

Leave a comment:

• MAVFANJEFF
    replied

Leave a comment:

• alnike
    replied

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
    They're still pathetic...
    Not as pathetic as Michigan's group of 6 defenseman tonight. They should indirectly be voted as the three stars of the game.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Guys.... just so you all know.. it's a long standing joke amongst a core group of UNO fans and I. AJ rants, and Rick is the eloquent Mav legal beagle that puts our despicable, arrogant ways in such a manner that you all can't help but laugh. They truly hate Michigan, but I can live with that. But some of them are truly the best people around and it is our loss as a conference as much as the WCHA's gain.
    They're still pathetic...

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Guys.... just so you all know.. it's a long standing joke amongst a core group of UNO fans and I. AJ rants, and Rick is the eloquent Mav legal beagle that puts our despicable, arrogant ways in such a manner that you all can't help but laugh. They truly hate Michigan, but I can live with that. But some of them are truly the best people around and it is our loss as a conference as much as the WCHA's gain.

Leave a comment:

• MavRick
    replied

Does it bother you that much that we could care less about you guys? Just another CCHA team? No idea how we became the #1 on UNO's hit list?
    Of the things that bother me, those are way down the list. It's a yen-yang thing. Good has no meaning without evil. And there's an art to arrogant detachment (as in your post), which I respect.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X