Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

I think I've accepted that Michigan hockey will end in 2 weekends.

Hopefully we'll beat Lake State. But after that it's off to play at Munn and while I could see it being a 3 game series, I don't see it favoring Michigan.

Since I don't believe Bowling Green or Western will pull off an upset, I'm stating Michigan will play State the following weekend. Unless Michigan loses to LSSU...as I belive that is more likely than a BGSU or WMU win.

Leave a comment:

• mattmi
    replied

agree

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
    About the only thing I'm looking forward to is at least 2 more games at Yost. Beyond that, I'm comfortable with whatever happens. Doesn't mean I'll like it, but I'm prepared for it.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by alnike View Post
    Seems like this team has come down with an incurable disease. No matter how many times you battle it week after week, it doesn't go away. We are prepared to accept the end of the season. No surprises here, no tears.

However, I don't want this season to end next week because of the #1 risk heading into the season without a true #2 backup goalie. Hunwick was the cure for the ND offense tonight with a few questionable goals, hopefully that's not the case for the ailing Lake State offense.

So Michigan finishes in 7th place in the regular season, with 14 wins, which is the same number of wins the 2nd place MSU team had. The difference is the ability to convert losses into tie games. M has had one tie in two seasons (only one OT game in two seasons!), while the teams that finished ahead of them had 5 or 6 tie games, plus the benefit of the artificial shootout points.
    Well put. The artificial points aside, Michigan can only blame themselves- losing games at Yost to BG, NMU and MSU really hurt any chances for a bye. I can't say I have seen a worse second period this season- but there are plenty of candidates. And that doesn't even include the annual botched goal screwing from the CCHA officiating, which, at a stretch may have changed the momentum of this game.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

About the only thing I'm looking forward to is at least 2 more games at Yost. Beyond that, I'm comfortable with whatever happens. Doesn't mean I'll like it, but I'm prepared for it.
    Couldn't say it any better.

Still looking forward to Hockey in Detroit, and since we've been to quite a few FF's w/o Michigan, this one will be nothing different. But it does suck that a mere 45 miles from your home, the Frozen Four will be taking place, and the season where you can get killer home ice advantage has not really been taken advantage of.

Oh, well.

I do hope quite a few of you still plan on playing in the Posters game.

Leave a comment:

• alnike
    replied

Beyond that, I'm comfortable with whatever happens. Doesn't mean I'll like it, but I'm prepared for it.
    Seems like this team has come down with an incurable disease. No matter how many times you battle it week after week, it doesn't go away. We are prepared to accept the end of the season. No surprises here, no tears.

However, I don't want this season to end next week because of the #1 risk heading into the season without a true #2 backup goalie. Hunwick was the cure for the ND offense tonight with a few questionable goals, hopefully that's not the case for the ailing Lake State offense.

So Michigan finishes in 7th place in the regular season, with 14 wins, which is the same number of wins the 2nd place MSU team had. The difference is the ability to convert losses into tie games. M has had one tie in two seasons (only one OT game in two seasons!), while the teams that finished ahead of them had 5 or 6 tie games, plus the benefit of the artificial shootout points.

Leave a comment:

• KC8NIY
    replied

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
    Yeah. I think we'll get passed Lake State but a potential second round series at Munn would be quite interesting.

Leave a comment:

• redwings8831
    replied

7th place, and Lake State it is.

It's quite odd to sit here after the last regular season game, wondering if we have 1, 2, or 3 weeks left before thoughts turn to October.
    Yeah. I think we'll get passed Lake State but a potential second round series at Munn would be quite interesting.

Leave a comment:

• KC8NIY
    replied

7th place, and Lake State it is.

It's quite odd to sit here after the last regular season game, wondering if we have 1, 2, or 3 weeks left before thoughts turn to October.

Leave a comment:

• redwings8831
    replied

With the loss, we're 7th. If Lake State doesn't get 3 pts against Northern (they are currently losing), we will play them next weekend at Yost. If they come back and win, and OSU gets no points against Miami tonight, we would get OSU.

Leave a comment:

• alnike
    replied

Originally posted by WildcatGoal View Post
    What is Michigan's goalie status?
    Not as good as last year, or the year before. Obsession.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

We have three of them.
    We have a pulled groin, a half pint gamer and a bench warmer that probably will never see a Division I game unless the first two are out.

Leave a comment:

• KC8NIY
    replied

Originally posted by WildcatGoal View Post
    We have three of them.

Leave a comment:

• WildcatGoal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
    I was just saying that with yesterday's win NMU would have had 30 points, and would have jumped over Michigan. Michigan would have to win tonight and NMU would have to lose for Michigan to jump back into 4th, which is what needs to happen anyway (if you forget about the shootout). To me that is essentially the same. If it isn't to you, I no longer care.
    Tomato, tah-mah-toe. But saying that destiny is completely out of our hands is technically wrong.

Go spread your "knowledge" elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• nmu_27
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    How do you figure that (and I'm gonna split hairs with you.) We still have to win outright or at least win a shootout tonight and you still have to tie, lose a shootout or lose straight up. It don't matter if we don't take care of business, so no, it's not entirely up to another team completely controlling our destiny, and as of today it doesn't matter how the standings are kept. We lose, we're done. You win in regulation, we're done. Simple as that. LSSU shot their wad last night, 1:05 from shaving at least 1 point. You guys executed better and we crapped the bed this season, so I don't expect anything different tonight, especially with a back up goaltender playing on the road. We had our chance last weekend, and NMU deserves 4th if they win tonight.
    I was just saying that with yesterday's win NMU would have had 30 points, and would have jumped over Michigan. Michigan would have to win tonight and NMU would have to lose for Michigan to jump back into 4th, which is what needs to happen anyway (if you forget about the shootout). To me that is essentially the same. If it isn't to you, I no longer care.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X