Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied
    Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by me View Post
    I don't know if I'm a jinx as well, but my pick is for UM to win too. The semi-final matters more in terms of the big picture to UM since Miami is going to Fort Wayne as a 1 regardless. And I think Miami just doesn't play well enough in the Joe and certainly not against Michigan. I think you guys are going to do it (pains me though to say it... ). Miami may well win the whole d a m n thing, but I believe it will take stumbling one more time against Michigan to get there.
    I just feel like recycling this post. Not that I am necessarily happy, but I was right...

As for stumbling, well that wasn't a stumble, that was a full fall down ten flights of stairs. I haven't seen a team lay down like that since, well the last time I saw my team do it a couple of weeks ago Seriously though, quite a run Red has the boys on and I don't know that I'd want to play Michigan right now.

Leave a comment:

• kdilks
    replied

Originally posted by scullyer View Post
    Impressed? OK, I can buy that. Stood on his head? MU had 5 shots on goal in the third. That's when the game was on the line. The D made it easy for him to see the point shots and cleaned up some suspect rebounds. 20 saves total. He was good, but that's an exaggeration.

This team looks unbeatable. They played a perfect game.
    Both teams pretty much called it a day with about 12 minutes left in the 3rd period. Hunwick had some pretty challenging saves earlier in the game.

Leave a comment:

• scullyer
    replied

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
    Yes Hunwick basically stood on his head tonight. I was very impressed.
    Impressed? OK, I can buy that. Stood on his head? MU had 5 shots on goal in the third. That's when the game was on the line. The D made it easy for him to see the point shots and cleaned up some suspect rebounds. 20 saves total. He was good, but that's an exaggeration.

This team looks unbeatable. They played a perfect game.

Leave a comment:

• nmu_27
    replied

Dangerous team yet?

I just hope the Michigan players are tired after skating that hard for 60 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
    Turco against UNH, Montoya against BC, Hunwick against Miami????

We've got our own Rudy now?

Leave a comment:

• alnike
    replied

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
    Do we know the status of Summers?
    I'm not sure he has even skated in the past two weeks, so I think it is somewhat serious.

Leave a comment:

• wooderson
    replied

Turco against UNH, Montoya against BC, Hunwick against Miami????

There is absolutely no amount of money I would've bet that the Michigan team I saw at Notre Dame 3 weeks ago would beat MSU and Miami back-to-back and make the finals. After the way 09-10 has gone so far, it's nice to remember why I love sports. That is all.

Also, I think I pulled my groin on a leaping goal celebration. It really hurts.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    So we have to beat Northern to earn a birth in the NCAA. Fair enough.

Still had some d let downs that lead to scoring chances, but Hunwick was playing out of his mind. Although calm.

What really stunk it up for Miami was Michigan's back checking in the neutral zone. Great hustle.
    Yes Hunwick basically stood on his head tonight. I was very impressed. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow nights game.

On a side note I kinda like this underdog role, it makes winning so much sweeter! I can now see why other programs get so excited about making the Joe. But I do not want to continue this role, it is a nice change though.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

So we have to beat Northern to earn a birth in the NCAA. Fair enough.

Still had some d let downs that lead to scoring chances, but Hunwick was playing out of his mind. Although calm.

What really stunk it up for Miami was Michigan's back checking in the neutral zone. Great hustle.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• wooderson
    replied

Do we know the status of Summers?

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
    I'm concerned that we might have shot our load last weekend. Hunwick has been thinking about this for a week now (although thankfully he has played at JLA before) plus the 1st game going into OT doesn't help. Hopefully we'll come out on fire though.
    Just remember, from here out, it's a gift. For once, the fact that they even made it to the Joe is satisfying. Strange saying that, but it's true.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

I'm concerned that we might have shot our load last weekend. Hunwick has been thinking about this for a week now (although thankfully he has played at JLA before) plus the 1st game going into OT doesn't help. Hopefully we'll come out on fire though.

Leave a comment:

• kdilks
    replied

Originally posted by quack View Post
    No reason anybody should, but do any of you happen to know U of M friendly sports bars in the Orlando area? I planned a trip down there when I thought that A) The Space Shuttle was going to launch on Friday and B) That I wasn't going to want to be watching the CCHA playoffs at that point. Whoops on both accounts...
    Aforementioned links:

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/um-frien...-and-elsewhere

http://tinyurl.com/UMbarmap

Leave a comment:

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied

I don't know if I'm a jinx as well, but my pick is for UM to win too. The semi-final matters more in terms of the big picture to UM since Miami is going to Fort Wayne as a 1 regardless. And I think Miami just doesn't play well enough in the Joe and certainly not against Michigan. I think you guys are going to do it (pains me though to say it... ). Miami may well win the whole d a m n thing, but I believe it will take stumbling one more time against Michigan to get there.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X