Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

so at the end of the game I got an awesome text from quack who was watching the game in Orlando:
    Consecutive NCAA tournament appearance count! Ready? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20!
    I'm hoarse. That was fun! On edge the whole game. If last weeks wins vs. State were gravy what's this week? I'm not used to this underdog role, but it's been fun.

Leave a comment:

• Howell
    replied

WOW!!!!! CCHA champs!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• wooderson
    replied

I know this is an Mgoblog thing, but I think they need to be everywhere tonight:

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bv5RQyV3OWQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bv5RQyV3OWQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="385">

...and because you can't have one without the other......

******* width="640" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTU7nahUw20&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aTU7nahUw20&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="385">

Congrats to Red and the players, Hunwick is officially a legend. Great to see Louie come up big in the clutch. Everything from here on out is just gravy.

Man, whatever region Michigan ends up in is going to be the region of death to end all region of deaths.
    Last edited by wooderson; 03-20-2010, 09:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Caustic Undertow
    replied

This is a brief emergence from lurking mode, which now takes place in Duluth.

Wow. That was awesome. I cannot imagine a more satisfying scenario for a conference championship. Continuing the history, getting to the dance, overturning every possible good sense estimate of what they could do in the CCHA playoffs... unbelievable.

I've lived away from Ann Arbor for five years now, and following Michigan hockey has been an exercise in difficulty and periodic frustration. (For those of you curious how loyal I have stayed in exile, I have for several years of supporting a family of four on a not-so-great income paid for the sports package so that I wouldn't miss Michigan hockey games). This unthinkable run of lunacy--and sweeping MSU on the road, thumping #1 overall seed Miami, and winning six straight games when one loss would be devastating is lunacy--is the reason why we follow this sport. Isn't it?

Now we are a nightmare matchup for some unsuspecting 3 or 4 seed. If we get Wisconsin it's a pure tossup, and can you imagine the nightmares St. Cloud fans would have if we got them? It's all gravy now.

I am likely returning to lurk mode. Go Blue.

Leave a comment:

• nmu_27
    replied

Great way to finish the run. It was about special teams and Michigan did a great job of shutting down any NMU attack to finish it.

Good luck in the tourney, I can barely believe NMU will be there, too.

P.S. Dangerous team.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

And Shawn Hunwick was just named as the CCHA tournament MVP.

A walk on. In net.

Stunned.

And he gives all the credit to his team mates.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

O. M. G.

Michigan just won the CCHA playoff championship.

Two weeks ago, I would have not been surprised with a 3 game loss to Lake State. I have to thank the team for completely ignoring everything I've thought or said that was bad. Totally awesome.

We now get an automatic bid for our another NCAA Tournament. Can you belive it?!?!?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• nmu_27
    replied

Originally posted by Alton View Post
    Note that the recap was written by Paula Weston, and is therefore wrong.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ore-030510.pdf
    Well that just means it takes a UP team to do it.

Leave a comment:

• Alton
    replied

Originally posted by nmu_27 View Post
    From the game recap I learn that Hunwick has yet to allow a 5 on 5 goal. Well today is as good a day as any.
    Note that the recap was written by Paula Weston, and is therefore wrong.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ore-030510.pdf

Leave a comment:

• kdilks
    replied

Originally posted by RinkRatEO View Post
    Are there any Michigan bars in NYC that would be showing the game tonight? I could fire up the Fox Detroit streaming on my computer at home (maybe even watch the ECAC final on TV at the same time), but that seems a little anti-social for a Saturday night.

And while I'm not an alum or anything, my dad grew up in Southfield as a UM fan...figure I'd enjoy watching with you folks...

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• nmu_27
    replied

From the game recap I learn that Hunwick has yet to allow a 5 on 5 goal. Well today is as good a day as any.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
    Good luck to you and your team Alpha! No hate from me toward MI as long as our team's paths don't cross! LOL.
    Co-like I posted in the other thread- I would love it if our paths crossed! No hate at all- just one of the best of the best first round games possible.

But that's acedemic if we dont' take it tonight.

Leave a comment:

• RinkRatEO
    replied

Are there any Michigan bars in NYC that would be showing the game tonight? I could fire up the Fox Detroit streaming on my computer at home (maybe even watch the ECAC final on TV at the same time), but that seems a little anti-social for a Saturday night.

And while I'm not an alum or anything, my dad grew up in Southfield as a UM fan...figure I'd enjoy watching with you folks...

Leave a comment:

• co14ers
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    So we have to beat Northern to earn a birth in the NCAA. Fair enough.

Still had some d let downs that lead to scoring chances, but Hunwick was playing out of his mind. Although calm.

What really stunk it up for Miami was Michigan's back checking in the neutral zone. Great hustle.
    Good luck to you and your team Alpha! No hate from me toward MI as long as our team's paths don't cross! LOL.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by scullyer View Post
    Impressed? OK, I can buy that. Stood on his head? MU had 5 shots on goal in the third. That's when the game was on the line. The D made it easy for him to see the point shots and cleaned up some suspect rebounds. 20 saves total. He was good, but that's an exaggeration.

This team looks unbeatable. They played a perfect game.
    A goalie is only as good as his defense. Therefore Shawn stood on his head (kinda)...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X