Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• streaker
    replied
    Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
    Oh and before I forget ... grumble grumble... congrats to UM on making it 20 in a row. I've officially gone back into the archives and removed you from even being in the running with the Irish for the Who Underachieved Most trophy.

Now go out and lose to North Dakota. Or whoever you play. I'm taking my trophy and going home...

Seriously, congrats to you guys, Streaker, Alphablue, Wolverine Trumpet, Alton, Lord (where the hell IS he) Sidious and most of anyone else I missed, you earned this one and I bet you'll enjoy it even more because of it.
    Improbable finish, but thanks. This is the team we all thought we had at the beginning of the season. Oh, IHF, I'll help ya-don't forget mattmi, KC, Bluevox, Annette_U-M and (lurking) Caustic, too. All of us Yost old timers.

Maybe they can continue to get the breaks, play desperate and have fun. Lots of turnovers last night, Hunwick deflected the praise, but deserved his kudos. Need a better effort against BSU.

Leave a comment:

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

IHF- appreciate it, but it's all the players (and it's alfa, as in the italian car, not the letter )
    Yeah I missed that, but in my defense it was late!

And another question for you- think anyone from Indiana will root for Michigan? Yea, I don't think so either...
    Were you there for the UM/ND game in Fort Wayne in Poulin's last season? Nearly 8000 people showed up and if the crowd wasn't 70% UM fans I am Al Kaline. You won't have the neutrals rooting for you but my guess is whatever the crowd size is Michigan fans will outnumber the other three fanbases combined by a significant amount. As of now the event wasn't selling well. Miami fans think they got hosed (between you and me and the fencepost I think I probably agree *ducking* ) but I don't know that a lot of them were scooping up the tickets.

ETA I don't think the committee was screwing Miami or really trying to "help' UM (the way you guys are playing you may not need a lot of help) because it looks as though they were concerned about crowd size. If there had been a regional in Milwaukee that this year that Wisco would not have otherwise made I could have seen them switching around a lot of 2 seeds as the rules allowed to move them, for example.
    Last edited by IrishHockeyFan; 03-21-2010, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Interesting bracket- CHA vs. CCHA.

Get to play a great BSU team, and a possible re-match with Miami (assuming they take out UAH).

wT- this is desert, and drinks.

I don't care who we play, as this is totally unexpected (as of a month ago). (although, I was actually hoping to play North Dakota or Denver- that would have been a blast)

IHF- appreciate it, but it's all the players (and it's alfa, as in the italian car, not the letter )

And another question for you- think anyone from Indiana will root for Michigan? Yea, I don't think so either...

Leave a comment:

• redwings8831
    replied

Wow, they put us Fort Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• alnike
    replied

Oh and before I forget ... grumble grumble... congrats to UM on making it 20 in a row. I've officially gone back into the archives and removed you from even being in the running with the Irish for the Who Underachieved Most trophy.
    Notre Dame clinched that trophy the first weekend of the CCHA playoffs with the loss to OSU and Michigan's win over LSSU.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by Sundance View Post
    Bring on that Red Army team !!!!!!!!!!
    They're making Tee-times, as usual...

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by Howell View Post
    WOW!!!!! CCHA champs!!!!!
    TJ?

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

What an unbelievable run and improbable story written by Shawn Hunwick. Congrats. It's always better when Michigan is in the tourney (just hopefully not against BC)

Leave a comment:

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied

Now go out and lose to North Dakota. Or whoever you play. I'm taking my trophy and going home...

Seriously, congrats to you guys, Streaker, Alphablue, Wolverine Trumpet, Alton, Lord (where the hell IS he) Sidious and most of anyone else I missed, you earned this one and I bet you'll enjoy it even more because of it.

Leave a comment:

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
    Well both of the projections (here and collegehockey.net) have us playing in St. Paul against St. Cloud. I guess the committee could put us in Fort Wayne with Miami to help attendance (we wouldn't play them in the first round) but who knows.
    In Moys blogs he always refers to consideration of attendance being an issue, but I have not seen any tangible evidence of the committee doing it in the last few tourneys, really much at all since it went to 16 teams. I suppose I could see his point with helping two sites (especially the west regional) by flipping the two regions and putting DU out east. But there is NO reason to move off a strict 1-16, 2-15, 3-14 etc etc banding, which they claim is their first consideration after making whatever allowances they need to for host teams, avoiding conflicting first round match ups and those sorts of things. So even if Michigan doesn't end up in Worcester, I can't imagine them being in a region with anyone other than BC, North Dakota and Alaska and there is no way they can put them in Fort Wayne. Well, make that no way the SHOULD put them in Fort Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• redwings8831
    replied

It looks to me like the answer is no. There could be little drama in the locations since the 1-16 seeding seems to leave no need to move anyone around to avoid conference matchups or to place teams in regionals they host, at least as far as I know. I believe Minn hosts the west and I know Notre Dame hosts the midwest. Michigan seems to be bound for Worcester and a game against North Dakota.
    Well both of the projections (here and collegehockey.net) have us playing in St. Paul against St. Cloud. I guess the committee could put us in Fort Wayne with Miami to help attendance (we wouldn't play them in the first round) but who knows.

Leave a comment:

• IrishHockeyFan
    replied

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
    So we're a 3 seed. Any chance we get sent to Fort Wayne?
    It looks to me like the answer is no. There could be little drama in the locations since the 1-16 seeding seems to leave no need to move anyone around to avoid conference matchups or to place teams in regionals they host, at least as far as I know. I believe Minn hosts the west and I know Notre Dame hosts the midwest. Michigan seems to be bound for Worcester and a game against North Dakota.

Leave a comment:

• Sundance
    replied

Bring on that Red Army team !!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• redwings8831
    replied

So we're a 3 seed. Any chance we get sent to Fort Wayne?

Leave a comment:

• KC8NIY
    replied

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This has been one helluva run, and the unpredictable nature of it just makes it so much more sweet. The past two weekends have probably been the most fun in years.

That is all for now, my body needs some rest

Leave a comment:

Working...
X