Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied
    Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Absolutely- my memory, sorry. Anyone else care to step up?
    I normally don't seek attention but since you asked for it...

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by Brainiac View Post
    Hey, do I count as a long-time lurker too?
    Absolutely- my memory, sorry. Anyone else care to step up?

Leave a comment:

• Brainiac
    replied

Hey, do I count as a long-time lurker too?
    Last edited by Brainiac; 03-22-2010, 08:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• streaker
    replied

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    AHEM!
    How could I forget? Duly noted. I also left off Clifton, Texas Wolverine, Sundance and a few of our other semi-faithful USCHO posters. Ramsey should be mentioned, too, but that was a decade ago, maybe.

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Improbable finish, but thanks. This is the team we all thought we had at the beginning of the season. Oh, IHF, I'll help ya-don't forget mattmi, KC, Bluevox, Annette_U-M and (lurking) Caustic, too. All of us Yost old timers.

AHEM!

Leave a comment:

• Hockeybuckeye
    replied

I think that if Michigan and Miami both advance and play each other again that may well be a game for the ages and I don't have ESPN 360! I feel Miami peaked a couple of weeks ago and unless they pull it together Michigan may have their way with them again. You want to root for your conference but in this matchup it's hard for me. My one son is a Miami alum, but Grandma was a Michigan alum, class of 1918. (And she was d*mn proud of it too)That takes it back aways, eh? And here I am with Dad from Michigan and Mom from Ohio being born of mixed blood. You know when you're half Wolverine and half Buckeye it just makes you meaner and uglier than either seperately. LOL! I'm going to say GO Blue! There were some Miami fans on this website who couldn't handle some good natured ribbing when they lost to Michigan Friday so if a bad mood suits them then let's make it a really bad one.
    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-21-2010, 11:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sqeyes
    replied

I hope for the hockey fans that don't have the equipment to get a good ESPN360 that Comiecast does something to soften the blow. I just checked my access and after downloading an extra software to view, the full screen view leaves a lot in the want column.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Though I've gotta admit, I've long been a notorious Michigan hater, your guys played an outstanding game last night. That may be some of the best defensive hockey I have seen all season from any team.
    Thank you...

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Though I've gotta admit, I've long been a notorious Michigan hater, your guys played an outstanding game last night. That may be some of the best defensive hockey I have seen all season from any team.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    rulz- why does it matter if a State fan roots for us or not? Some of us would (and have) root for them, some of us would (and have) not.
    I personally don't care if a sparty fan roots for us or not. I just find it incredibly amusing that even if their season were still going on, they would be more concerned with us than with their own team.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
    I guess it's pretty obvious that Hunwick is starting even if Hogan is healthy, what about Summers? Any chance another week is enough to get him back on the ice?
    ...but, dare I say it, we now have a goalie controversy in Ann Arbor for next season.

I no longer have any inside links to Michigan Hockey but it is my opinion that Summers won't be able to play well if he were to try at the Regionals. If we made the Frozen Four, did I just say that, Summers' could and most likely would play.

Leave a comment:

• wooderson
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    rulz- why does it matter if a State fan roots for us or not? Some of us would (and have) root for them, some of us would (and have) not.

I remember sitting at a game in Boston in 1998, almost right next to a bunch of State fans. They never spoke one word to us, and left quickly after the game ended in OT. One of my favorite games of all time.

And I begrudgingly congratulated the band director in St. Louis when we were sitting next them.

Neither instance matters what so ever.

Anyway, any more comments on the bracket? Technically, Bemidji got a nice gift with us- since Michigan is the lowest 3 seed of the bracket, and they should have been lined up with Yale.

I'm sure it will be a tough game, IIRC, BSU is a skaters team. Very up and down the ice game could be in store for us to watch on the internet... We know all about Miami. After this past weekend, anything can happen- we've been embarassed, and have done the embarassing. I'm sure Miami won't take UAH lightly.

Sure would be nice to see them play 4 games on a football field in 2010....
    I had a feeling we would be going to Ft. Wayne, even when none of the bracket guys were predicting it. Attendance there would've been pretty ugly without us I think. BSU will certainly be tough, and I can guarantee the team won't take them (or anybody) lightly after Air Force last year. At the same time....I'm glad we got out of that North Dakota/BC cluster****.

I guess it's pretty obvious that Hunwick is starting even if Hogan is healthy, what about Summers? Any chance another week is enough to get him back on the ice?

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

I remember sitting at a game in Boston in 1998, almost right next to a bunch of State fans. They never spoke one word to us, and left quickly after the game ended in OT. One of my favorite games of all time.

And I begrudgingly congratulated the band director in St. Louis when we were sitting next them.

Neither instance matters what so ever.

Anyway, any more comments on the bracket? Technically, Bemidji got a nice gift with us- since Michigan is the lowest 3 seed of the bracket, and they should have been lined up with Yale.

I'm sure it will be a tough game, IIRC, BSU is a skaters team. Very up and down the ice game could be in store for us to watch on the internet... We know all about Miami. After this past weekend, anything can happen- we've been embarassed, and have done the embarassing. I'm sure Miami won't take UAH lightly.

Sure would be nice to see them play 4 games on a football field in 2010....

Leave a comment:

• scullyer
    replied

It's really the first memory I have of attending hockey games. I really didn't have a rooting interest back then, but I remember NMU fans being nasty (fist fights, language,etc.) to any other fans of teams that played. Also puking in the concourse. Not the way to win over a kid. I have been entertained by them and they've had some good teams, just can't root for them. I'm sure they take pride in that. FTR, Denny Felsner is one of my all time favs and really got me into watching college hockey, too.

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by scullyer View Post
    Actually since about 1986.
    Why '86? sparty actually won a National Championship that year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X