Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alfablue
    replied
    Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
    The unbelievable season continues. Great win tonight, we have to appreciate it more with the other favorites dropping like flies.

Hunwick is.....good. I don't know how else to say it. It isn't just that he's getting lucky, it isn't just that the team is playing well in front of him. He made the saves he needed to make tonight and then a few he had no business making. This is the kind of game Michigan has been losing all season: dominating in possession and territory but making a few critical mistakes. Tonight, on the other hand, totally different story. Yes the offensive stars played well tonight, particulary Hagelin's line. But the reason this was a relatively comfortable win as opposed to a nail-biter or even a loss was Hunwick.
    He was pretty impressive with all of the penalties we didn't need to take. It's kind of surprising that he's stealing some pretty clean chances, but whatever. Just not much more to say than that.

The D still has their scary moments. Miami can see that, and really push them to the brink.

But none of that matters- this is such a great gift they are giving the fans right now.

Leave a comment:

• YostWithTheMost
    replied

Originally posted by wooderson View Post
    Yes the offensive stars played well tonight, particulary Hagelin's line.
    It was great to see Carl finish on the short-handed attempt and score a key goal to regain momentum. His skills are improving to complement his speed and this will hopefully take some of the pressure off Louie to carry this team offensively .... although Sean Ritchlin said his goal was "spooky good."
    Last edited by YostWithTheMost; 03-28-2010, 12:32 AM. Reason: Corrected "scary" with "spooky" ...

Leave a comment:

• wooderson
    replied

The unbelievable season continues. Great win tonight, we have to appreciate it more with the other favorites dropping like flies.

Hunwick is.....good. I don't know how else to say it. It isn't just that he's getting lucky, it isn't just that the team is playing well in front of him. He made the saves he needed to make tonight and then a few he had no business making. This is the kind of game Michigan has been losing all season: dominating in possession and territory but making a few critical mistakes. Tonight, on the other hand, totally different story. Yes the offensive stars played well tonight, particulary Hagelin's line. But the reason this was a relatively comfortable win as opposed to a nail-biter or even a loss was Hunwick.

Leave a comment:

• YostWithTheMost
    replied

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Lets see... Now we face Bemidji State in an unlikely birth in the NCAA. Some may even dream that they could be seen in Detroit in a few weeks.
    The next chapter in this Michigan hockey "Rocky" story is just a short wait now.

Leave a comment:

• alfablue
    replied

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine View Post
    Here I am! What'd I miss?

Go Blue!
    Lets see...

It all started in dispair, hoping that Lake State may quickly put an end to an unmemorable season. And our team ignored us, and swept.

Then we dismissed that as being a bad team, and thought that we *may* take one as a squeaker at Munn with the time off, but surely, MSU wold end our season. Again, our team ignored us, and swept (and ended the season of) MSU.

Now our hopes are higher, but thought while we could play a close game with Miami, could we really do it? Not only could we, we chased Miami's Hobey finalist after 5 goals.

Holy cow- can it really happen? A vicotory over Northern would keep the streak alive!! What a game. The walk on goalie earned tourny MVP with the victory.

Now we face Bemidji State in an unlikely birth in the NCAA. Some may even dream that they could be seen in Detroit in a few weeks.

I think that should catch you up pretty well.

Leave a comment:

• West Texas Wolverine
    replied

Gotta say- it's nice to see you all again. Still waiting for wTWolverine to show...

Couple of weeks of inspired play does a lot, doesn't it?
    Here I am! What'd I miss?

Go Blue!

Leave a comment:

• PokeCheck
    replied

Go Bemidji State!

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Normally the Freep sucks and I will not read it but this article on Hunwick is pretty good.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010032...ut-of-the-blue

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
    Comcast has picked up the game on Saturday. Channel 900, as usual.

http://twitter.com/michigan_hockey
    Was there any doubt they would? God I hate living in a Charter region. Fortunately I have a sports tier with my cable package and receive FCSC. FSN (minnesota) is picking up the game and FSCS frequently airs FSN programming.

I guess I'll just be hoping they do, but if not ready to attach my computer to my TV that way I can watch ESPN 360.

Leave a comment:

• redwings8831
    replied

Comcast has picked up the game on Saturday. Channel 900, as usual.

http://twitter.com/michigan_hockey

Leave a comment:

• UMICHhockeyRULZ
    replied

Originally posted by MoFan View Post
    That would be something.........kind of like when Michigan played Cornell in '97 at Yost and I wore my Cornell hockey hat and my Michigan hockey sweatshirt. One sage fan noted that I was just confused. Thankfully the game ended in a tie.
    That reminds me of a "song" Phoebe sang to Children on 'Friends'.

Sometimes men love women,
    And sometimes men love men,
    but then there are bi-sexuals but some just say they're kidding themselves...

La la la le la la la la....

Leave a comment:

• bluevox
    replied

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
    That's only the most recent history. Let us not forget what he did at Lake Superior Community College, later known as Lake Superior State College. He also was responsible for getting the USA-NTDP off to a good start.
    I have definatly not forgotten what he did up in the Soo, but they only did really well during Olympic years. (1988, 1992, 1994)

Leave a comment:

• JoeZ
    replied

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
    I will never count out a Jeff Jackson coached team. He did take an Irish team that lost to UM 9-2 in 2004 and took them to a first round, home ice the next year and to the CCHA regular season title in his second year.
    That's only the most recent history. Let us not forget what he did at Lake Superior Community College, later known as Lake Superior State College. He also was responsible for getting the USA-NTDP off to a good start.

When the Fighting Irish hired him I told everyone within earshot to look out for them. He is my second favorite head coach in the CCHA.

Leave a comment:

• owslachief
    replied

Nobody is perfect.

Heck, I hear even some Sparty fans will root against their own conference in that match up...
    Hey now!

I'm all in for the CCHA ... as far as you know

Leave a comment:

• MoFan
    replied

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Well, here's hoping you're satisfied on both sides of the bracket.
    That would be something.........kind of like when Michigan played Cornell in '97 at Yost and I wore my Cornell hockey hat and my Michigan hockey sweatshirt. One sage fan noted that I was just confused. Thankfully the game ended in a tie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X