Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the Wolverines play my Wildcats in Durham this fall.........
    Should be interesting, especially because as the team will have questions regarding its identity early in the year. Plus, isn't your rink kinda intimidating?
    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
      Should be interesting, especially because as the team will have questions regarding its identity early in the year. Plus, isn't your rink kinda intimidating?
      There was a time when it was considered hostile for visiting teams, but the crowds have really gotten quite lame over the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
        Looking forward to seeing the Wolverines play my Wildcats in Durham this fall.........
        And now that I have found at least one friend willing to make the trip out there with me, I am too!

Is it hockey season yet?
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          And now that I have found at least one friend willing to make the trip out there with me, I am too!

Is it hockey season yet?
          Awesome! I suggest you stay in nearby Portsmouth, NH. The Sheraton and Hilton are both downtown. Tons of great bars, restaurants and fine live music, and across the Piscataqua river is the State of Maine. Portsmouth is about a 20 minute drive from Durham.

Comment

Ferris State announced their schedule and we have two home and home's with them. The first is October 29/30 (away on Friday, home on Saturday) and then on January 14/15 (home on Friday, away on Saturday).

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Is it hockey season yet?
              Sadly, I won't be able to make it to this season's opening game, but I will be there in spirit!
              Meeting you in Anchorage last year was a lot of fun, and it will be a long time before another hockey season opens so memorably.
              Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
              Ferris State announced their schedule and we have two home and home's with them. The first is October 29/30 (away on Friday, home on Saturday) and then on January 14/15 (home on Friday, away on Saturday).
              Have we heard announcement on when Michigan will publish its full schedule?
              Still anticipating the all-CCHA Frozen Four

Comment

A couple of things:

1. Great article in the Daily about the growth of the student section at Yost.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content...ction?page=0,0

2. The Blog That Yost Built posted a summer update. Interesting that Pat Summers won't be back next season and Adam Janecyk will be the third string goalie.

http://www.yostbuilt.com/2010/06/back.html

Comment

A couple of things:

1. Great article in the Daily about the growth of the student section at Yost.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content...ction?page=0,0

2. The Blog That Yost Built posted a summer update. Interesting that Pat Summers won't be back next season and Adam Janecyk will be the third string goalie.

http://www.yostbuilt.com/2010/06/back.html
                  Cool, some of my quotes got in. But that other guy sure remembered the Cornell series better than I did.

Still have to give a lot of credit to Duke, since that's where C-Ya came from.

The one hard thing about that '91 opening game with State- that was the imfamous fog game- which got interrupted quite a few times to clear the fog. But the fans were great. I'm so happy that I was able to be here for the '90-91 season, where a lot got started, and the rest after where is just grew.

Good memories.

Comment

1. Berenson signed a 3 year contract.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...061110aab.html

2. Schedule is out.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...key-sched.html

Comment

1. Berenson signed a 3 year contract.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...061110aab.html
                      Cool...

I wonder why we are playing UNO? Don't they have someone to lose to in the WCHA? Or couldn't we get a better WCHA team to play?

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        I wonder why we are playing UNO? Don't they have someone to lose to in the WCHA? Or couldn't we get a better WCHA team to play?
                        I read somewhere that their head coach, Dean Blais, had never been to Yost and wanted to come.

Comment

Red Berenson and Michigan have made a move to quell some of the speculation about how long the longtime Wolverines coach would be behind the bench.

Berenson, the Michigan coach for the last 26 seasons, has accepted a three-year contract offer from the school to lead the team through the 2012-13 season.

“We’ve been doing a one-year contract of late and it seems like we’re spending a lot of time talking about when I’m going to retire,” Berenson said. “I think we can put that to bed for a while and just focus on what we’re doing.
                          Good for Red. Sounds like what we hear from a certain coach here in Happy Valley.
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

I read somewhere that their head coach, Dean Blais, had never been to Yost and wanted to come.
                            Has Dean already forgotten about the 1998 regional? And he was there again for the Ice Breaker Cup tourney (Mich/Colgate/ND/New Hampshire) a few years later.
                            Michigan Hockey Net
                            Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
                              Has Dean already forgotten about the 1998 regional? And he was there again for the Ice Breaker Cup tourney (Mich/Colgate/ND/New Hampshire) a few years later.
                              Found it.

http://omaha.com/article/20100419/SP...h-for-nu-coach

"Here's some extra love for UNO hockey fans: The Mavericks will open next season at Minnesota (WCHA opener, too) and at Michigan on consecutive weekends. Michigan? Yes. Coach Dean Blais wanted that series because he's always wanted to coach in Yost Arena; Michigan came to Omaha last year, Blais' first and only year in the CCHA. Michigan will return to Omaha in a future early season tournament, Alberts said. Next year's UNO tournament includes RIT, which played in the recent NCAA Frozen Four, St. Cloud and Clarkson."

Comment

Interesting NC schedule. @UNH, Wisco, Minn. Home versus Mercyhurst and UNO. Neutral versus M-Tech and either BU or MSU. I'd like to see some other ECAC teams like RPI again, but I think this schedule is pretty decent.

Notable road games in conference:

@ OSU, @ UA, @ NMU, @ Ferris (2 H&H's) and @ Miami. Michigan gets MSU at the Big House for one of their home games, and MSU has one of their home games at JLA.

And it looks like for the first time in forever, WMU and Michigan will not play a H&H series. Both games will be at Yost.

Miami is still the team to beat in the CCHA, so I think that will be a huge series.
                                I'd wager that the coaches and press will have Michigan and Miami 1 & 2 (either way) in their pre-season poll. Hard to say who will follow considering the heavy roster losses on Ferris, MSU, NMU and Notre Dame. Alaska? OSU will have a veteran team coming back. BG, LSSU and WMU won't be given much love.

Comment

Working...
                                X