Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Fantastic article about Mike Legg's goal

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2..._michigan_goal

Comment

You're right. Great article!

de K8MU

Comment

Best line from that story (IMHO):

BERENSON: "I thought, 'Oh my God, he's going to try it.'

Engelwood jack, that's the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of the Rinks View Post
          You're right. Great article!

de K8MU
          Good deal, Larry. There's four of us hanging around the board here that I'm aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
            Good deal, Larry. There's four of us hanging around the board here that I'm aware of.
            Am I included in the four? Despite what some here may think, I am a year-round UM Hockey fan.
            Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice article on Red in the Daily today.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content...ch-and-teacher
              He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                Am I included in the four? Despite what some here may think, I am a year-round UM Hockey fan.
                My comment actually had nothing to do with hockey or posters in this thread. Double top secret super squirrel stuff.

Comment

That's awesome. I'd shove it in Dean Lombardi's face, IMO.

Comment

Following yesterday's fantastic read from the Daily, AA.com follows up with a much less in-depth but still decent piece on Louie and Carl looking to next year.

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/michi...ines+Sports%29

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
                      Following yesterday's fantastic read from the Daily, AA.com follows up with a much less in-depth but still decent piece on Louie and Carl looking to next year.

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/michi...ines+Sports%29
                      That seems to bode well for our two top flight risks.

Could it be that we have a summer with no defections???? that would be so nice.

Comment

Just a little FYI if anyone's interested, I was kicking around on iTunes the other day and found a bundle of classic NHL playoff games (search for "playoff hat trick"), including game 7 of the 1965 Stanley Cup finals between the Blackhawks and Canadiens. I wasn't aware until I started watching, but it turns out Red Berenson is in the game. So, if any Michigan fans out there are interested in watching some old-school hockey with their team's coach in the lineup, it's there and at least right now, is free

Comment

Red was on WTKA this morning and said the Big Chill game will be on Olympic ice!?! Had anyone else heard this.

It makes sense, it gets the ice (marginally) closer to the stands. We should have the speed advantage against MSU, which in theory means Olympic size ice favors UM. Still kind of surprizing since UM doesn't reguarly play on big ice and all of the portable rinks that have been used recently are NHL size. I don't know if they can modify them easily.

As I am typing this, a radio ad for tickets is on WTKA.

Can't wait.
                          Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                            Red was on WTKA this morning and said the Big Chill game will be on Olympic ice!?! Had anyone else heard this.

It makes sense, it gets the ice (marginally) closer to the stands. We should have the speed advantage against MSU, which in theory means Olympic size ice favors UM. Still kind of surprizing since UM doesn't reguarly play on big ice and all of the portable rinks that have been used recently are NHL size. I don't know if they can modify them easily.

As I am typing this, a radio ad for tickets is on WTKA.

Can't wait.
                            I read on the Fort that there are already 60k seats sold for the game. That will be one rocking game!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              I read on the Fort that there are already 60k seats sold for the game. That will be one rocking game!
                              It should be crazy. That's more tickets sold than the attendance reported for Camp Randall this year (55,000).

My friend that organizes the away trips I go on (wore the Mott jersey at the poster's game) got a group of 50 tickets. I know someone else who asked all her friends and ordered 200 tickets.

Got the e-mail from UofM today that tickets are on sale this morning. Both the aforementioned friends got tickets ahead of time as season ticket holders.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by sqeyes View Post
                                Nice article on Red in the Daily today.

http://www.michigandaily.com/content...ch-and-teacher
                                This is one of the best articles I've EVER read in a college newspaper - the level of writing and, the insight on the character of the subject are at pro level. Amazing. If this is what Sports Editor Ryan Kartje can do as a collegian, he has a very bright future ahead of him if he chooses journalism or anything else.

Oh, and that Berenson. He's interesting, too..

Comment

Working...
                                X