Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
    I asked the same question on mgoblog, and from a guy who works for the company who runs the tournament, he said that our corner will be the section 126/226 area.
    That is true, the Michigan corner will be 126/226, the usual MSU corner. This was confirmed at the Red Show last night by the SID and that is where the M Band's tickets are. I guess this is what happens when they don't expect Michigan to be there. I imagine this will be a rude shock to fans of those two schools who have season tickets at the Joe, and they will raise a ruckus, and this won't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by JennieD View Post
      That is true, the Michigan corner will be 126/226, the usual MSU corner. This was confirmed at the Red Show last night by the SID and that is where the M Band's tickets are. I guess this is what happens when they don't expect Michigan to be there. I imagine this will be a rude shock to fans of those two schools who have season tickets at the Joe, and they will raise a ruckus, and this won't happen again.
      Like I said, this may have been determined by seed. Miami will probably be where Michigan usually is. MSU's spot will be taken by Michigan, since.. I guess we weren't suppose to be there and they were. Don't know if it matters much, at least Michigan is there. Screws up my logistics for restrooms and concessions, though.

Comment

That's going to be weird. My seats used to be in 119 when I had my Joe package.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
          Like I said, this may have been determined by seed. Miami will probably be where Michigan usually is. MSU's spot will be taken by Michigan, since.. I guess we weren't suppose to be there and they were. Don't know if it matters much, at least Michigan is there. Screws up my logistics for restrooms and concessions, though.
          But it will put me closer to the bar with Leine's.

It'll be weird not having Michigan in what I've always considered to be the "Michigan corner" of the Joe.
          Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
          wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
          7 B1G
          7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
          6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
          5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
          5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
          2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
          2 Alaskan

Comment

At this point, different it good. shake things up some more, remind these guys that they can't glide through this tournament, as it's not your normal every year stituation. Gotta win, baby!

Comment

Oh boy. Weston gave us the kiss of death.

Comment

I don't know if I'm a jinx as well, but my pick is for UM to win too. The semi-final matters more in terms of the big picture to UM since Miami is going to Fort Wayne as a 1 regardless. And I think Miami just doesn't play well enough in the Joe and certainly not against Michigan. I think you guys are going to do it (pains me though to say it... ). Miami may well win the whole d a m n thing, but I believe it will take stumbling one more time against Michigan to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by quack View Post
                  No reason anybody should, but do any of you happen to know U of M friendly sports bars in the Orlando area? I planned a trip down there when I thought that A) The Space Shuttle was going to launch on Friday and B) That I wasn't going to want to be watching the CCHA playoffs at that point. Whoops on both accounts...
                  Aforementioned links:

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/um-frien...-and-elsewhere

http://tinyurl.com/UMbarmap

Comment

I'm concerned that we might have shot our load last weekend. Hunwick has been thinking about this for a week now (although thankfully he has played at JLA before) plus the 1st game going into OT doesn't help. Hopefully we'll come out on fire though.
                    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                      I'm concerned that we might have shot our load last weekend. Hunwick has been thinking about this for a week now (although thankfully he has played at JLA before) plus the 1st game going into OT doesn't help. Hopefully we'll come out on fire though.
                      Just remember, from here out, it's a gift. For once, the fact that they even made it to the Joe is satisfying. Strange saying that, but it's true.

Comment

Do we know the status of Summers?

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

So we have to beat Northern to earn a birth in the NCAA. Fair enough.

Still had some d let downs that lead to scoring chances, but Hunwick was playing out of his mind. Although calm.

What really stunk it up for Miami was Michigan's back checking in the neutral zone. Great hustle.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              So we have to beat Northern to earn a birth in the NCAA. Fair enough.

Still had some d let downs that lead to scoring chances, but Hunwick was playing out of his mind. Although calm.

What really stunk it up for Miami was Michigan's back checking in the neutral zone. Great hustle.
                              Yes Hunwick basically stood on his head tonight. I was very impressed. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow nights game.

On a side note I kinda like this underdog role, it makes winning so much sweeter! I can now see why other programs get so excited about making the Joe. But I do not want to continue this role, it is a nice change though.

Comment

Turco against UNH, Montoya against BC, Hunwick against Miami????

There is absolutely no amount of money I would've bet that the Michigan team I saw at Notre Dame 3 weeks ago would beat MSU and Miami back-to-back and make the finals. After the way 09-10 has gone so far, it's nice to remember why I love sports. That is all.

Also, I think I pulled my groin on a leaping goal celebration. It really hurts.

Comment

Working...
                                X