Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Also, the second semifinal is on BTN, so I'd think they would want us in it, as we're the only Big Ten team left.

Comment

Michigan/Miami will be the late game on Friday. Attendance and TV ratings take priority.

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
        Michigan/Miami will be the late game on Friday. Attendance and TV ratings take priority.
        LOL, go figure.

Still, our team still has to perform to it's actual potential, and keep this momentum going. They still had a few defensive let downs- where they were scrambling for the puck in the slot, and making a few blind passes. But those instances are getting a lot lest frequent, and the passes out of the zone have been pretty heads up.

And the offensive zone- wow. Forget the resurgance of scoring, but the cycling down low and the beating that the other D gets by skating around in circles. Pretty fun to watch.

The PPG's that State got were pretty ugly, too- pretty horrific breakdowns followed by over committment by Shawn. Thankfully, that was brushed off, and forgotten about. The fact that they just moved on and improved says a lot about this team, and what has happened in the last two weeks.

Dare I say that I'm optimistic??

Without a doubt, I'll say that they are making the end of the season a LOT more fun to watch, no matter what happens now- to me, they've made up for a lot of the poor play of the season. This is a blast!

Comment

With respect to the goalie situation, Michael Spath from the Yost Post says Hogan still seemed gimpy on Saturday, and that at this point we'd probably go with Baby Hunwick even over a healthy Hogan for next weekend. Also, I've heard a rumor that Hogan tore his groin and is done for the season. It's technically 3rd or 4th hand information (hence me just calling it a rumor), but I figured it's worth mentioning since I don't believe we've gotten any kind of information about a medical prognosis yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
            Also, I've heard a rumor that Hogan tore his groin ....
            Having pulled a groin muscle in my playing days, I sure hope it's not that bad. Gotta be one of the worst places to pull anything, since it's very hard to get support wrap in the area. Dang...

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
              With respect to the goalie situation, Michael Spath from the Yost Post says Hogan still seemed gimpy on Saturday, and that at this point we'd probably go with Baby Hunwick even over a healthy Hogan for next weekend. Also, I've heard a rumor that Hogan tore his groin and is done for the season. It's technically 3rd or 4th hand information (hence me just calling it a rumor), but I figured it's worth mentioning since I don't believe we've gotten any kind of information about a medical prognosis yet.
              I heard the same thing a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                Without a doubt, I'll say that they are making the end of the season a LOT more fun to watch, no matter what happens now- to me, they've made up for a lot of the poor play of the season. This is a blast!
                I'll agree, to my recent memory the two wins over sparty over the weekend were the most gratifying. One because they were against sparty and in the Munn Masoleum. And two because they were unexpected. Every year we used to tend to look at the smaller programs being all excited because they are going to the Joe as pathetic. We go there every year, it's no big deal (normally).

However, this season we were all confused, disgruntled, and ****ed off at the world due to the season that Michigan was having. None of us expected the team to do much this year and now we are going to the Joe. I'm content with what the team has done the last few weeks. Will I be happy with anything less than a National Championship? No, but a CCHA Championship will go a long way towards that goal. We still have two HUGE games to win in order to guarantee the NCAA Tournament streak continues.

As alfa stated, this is fun!
                Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No reason anybody should, but do any of you happen to know U of M friendly sports bars in the Orlando area? I planned a trip down there when I thought that A) The Space Shuttle was going to launch on Friday and B) That I wasn't going to want to be watching the CCHA playoffs at that point. Whoops on both accounts...
                  Hail! Hail! to Michigan, the champions of the CCHA (2010-11 regular season)!

Comment

Originally posted by quack View Post
                    No reason anybody should, but do any of you happen to know U of M friendly sports bars in the Orlando area? I planned a trip down there when I thought that A) The Space Shuttle was going to launch on Friday and B) That I wasn't going to want to be watching the CCHA playoffs at that point. Whoops on both accounts...
                    Go to mlive.com, forums, and select Michigan Football. There is one poster there who is on the committee for The Outback Bowl (I can't remember his name right now). He should know.
                    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Does anyone know which corner of the Joe will be desiginated ours for the weekend? Doesn't each team get one corner (where their band is, etc)?

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
                        Does anyone know which corner of the Joe will be desiginated ours for the weekend? Doesn't each team get one corner (where their band is, etc)?
                        Traditionally it is section 217A or that proximity. It may depend on whether it is done by seed, but that is usually where the U-M band is.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          Traditionally it is section 217A or that proximity. It may depend on whether it is done by seed, but that is usually where the U-M band is.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by quack View Post
                            Some guy made an entire spreadsheet of Michigan-friendly bars in various locations, there was a ton of them. I think I saw it on Mgoblog, I'd try looking there.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              I asked the same question on mgoblog, and from a guy who works for the company who runs the tournament, he said that our corner will be the section 126/226 area.

Comment

Originally posted by redwings8831 View Post
                                I asked the same question on mgoblog, and from a guy who works for the company who runs the tournament, he said that our corner will be the section 126/226 area.
                                I suspect that that guy is wrong. All of the Michigan fans who bought the college hockey at the Joe season ticket packages are in the 117/217 corner and all of the State fans who bought season ticket packages are in the 126/226 corner.
                                Hail! Hail! to Michigan, the champions of the CCHA (2010-11 regular season)!

Comment

Working...
                                X