Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by MavRick View Post
    Of the things that bother me, those are way down the list. It's a yen-yang thing. Good has no meaning without evil. And there's an art to arrogant detachment (as in your post), which I respect.
    How is it arrogant if it's true? I don't get that. Really- how many Michigan fans think of UNO of some great rival? I'm not detached- I'm just not conviced that we should consider UNO some great rival on the order of MSU or OSU....

Look, your team is young (<20 years in D1), and you are cows and not Cornhuskers. It's as if you want us to look at teams like UMD like UMTC, just because they are both "the University of Minnesota"..

But, hey, if the hate keeps your warm at night, I suppose that keeps your heating bills low.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Good for you cows to win a game. And it's good to see the moo'ing over how happy you are. You sound like you lost.....

And I know you feel all proud of yourself
      No just real proud of our team. MOOOOOO LOL
      UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
        yep long overdue. "Us"???? Who is "us"?????

You must be referring to the mavpuck society of people who think they're better fans than anyone else so we don't let anyone else join our website without a vote and a background check. Bite me.

I'll be booing #7 just as loud as everyone else with my hoarse voice tonight when he touches the puck but that doesn't make me any better or worse of a fan.
        Jeff if you have an axe to grind with Mavpuck take it over to Mavmania and stay out of this thread. Pretty ironic, though, that you are the only Mav fan (at least on this site) that would rather hurl insults than celebrate a victory. But, if that is the perspective you are willing to take then fine. The WCHA fans can deal with you.

Oh, and as far as Langlais, you can boo him all you want as long as you also boo the tool that took the five minute boarding penalty for your team, too. Cheating. Arrogance. Want to roll out any more third grade stereotypes? And Rick is right, BTW. You represent a cross section of bitter fan nation- not exactly unique when it comes to opposing fanbases and Michigan, but not completely representative of all UNO fans.

Just the same, you'd prefer to piddle in the wind, at least for last night, maybe tonight. Just make sure you take a shower when you are done. Either way, your fanbase and our fanbase agree on at least one point: you are truly the definition of a maverick since none of us want you around.

Comment

Originally posted by MavRick View Post
          I'm due for another negrep from MAVFANJEFF!!!111 so I'll invite you to disregard him as a marginal (at best) representation of us.

Hard fought game. I am certain it will be harder fought tonight.

One final thought: One of my crew has a nephew in town who goes to State but roots for U-M. (I don't know how one does that and lives, but whatever.) He said: Technically speaking, Michigan scored more goals than UNO Friday.
          Poor guy needs a barn to sleep in. Let him in mavpuck, eh?

Hard fought game, indeed. Martin, Ambroz and Broadhurst were terrific. And yes, Llewellyn, who happens to be my favorite whipping boy, did us no favors last night. You saw the microcosm of this year's Michigan team: fast and talented yet undisciplined, filled with defensive mental lapses, hampered by their failure to finish offensively, and nominal goaltending. One goal losses this season- and I think I counted six off the top of my head- (BU, MSU, RPI, FSU, Wis, UNO) will only be one of the reasons they will not make the NCAA tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
            Oh, and as far as Langlais, you can boo him all you want as long as you also boo the tool that took the five minute boarding penalty for your team, too.
            Hudson.

Unfortunately, M fans won't be able to boo him on the ice b/c he'll be wearing a suit tonight.

Cheating. Arrogance. Want to roll out any more third grade stereotypes? And Rick is right, BTW. You represent a cross section of bitter fan nation- not exactly unique when it comes to opposing fanbases and Michigan, but not completely representative of all UNO fans.

I'm really looking forward to the game tonight. We'll see if M comes out more disciplined and if the Mav's can continue to play top shelf hockey.

Nice quote from Red btw, "We saw their best and they didn't see our best."

Comment

How is it arrogant if it's true? I don't get that. Really- how many Michigan fans think of UNO of some great rival? I'm not detached- I'm just not conviced that we should consider UNO some great rival on the order of MSU or OSU....

Look, your team is young (<20 years in D1), and you are cows and not Cornhuskers. It's as if you want us to look at teams like UMD like UMTC, just because they are both "the University of Minnesota"..

But, hey, if the hate keeps your warm at night, I suppose that keeps your heating bills low.
              I actually don't think we're disagreeing much. I get that we're not rivals and I understand why that is. I do not argue you should change it; indeed sort of the callous, indiscriminate nature of M - the atrocious way you treat fans who, by your own admission, you don't hate, is one of the things we enjoy hating on.

The only thing I'd correct is this. While there are exceptions (Streaker is my constant reminder not to treat you as a monolith, the above paragraph notwithstanding), we really don't want to be thought of in the same thought as the Huskers. There's a rural/urban, Omaha paying for the rest of Nebraska thing that's beyond the scope of this thread.

Anyway. You've been a great villain, as I said before. I just don't see putting the Gophers in the Sioux in the same pitch-burining hate category as we put you guys in. You never forget your first, I guess.

Comment

Expect the normally crappy ice conditions at the Qwest Center to be less than normally crappy this evening, as there was a CU basketball game played there this afternoon. Not sure what, if any, team that favors. The puck will be bouncing all over the place.

Comment

Jeff if you have an axe to grind with Mavpuck take it over to Mavmania and stay out of this thread. Pretty ironic, though, that you are the only Mav fan (at least on this site) that would rather hurl insults than celebrate a victory. But, if that is the perspective you are willing to take then fine. The WCHA fans can deal with you.

Oh, and as far as Langlais, you can boo him all you want as long as you also boo the tool that took the five minute boarding penalty for your team, too. Cheating. Arrogance. Want to roll out any more third grade stereotypes? And Rick is right, BTW. You represent a cross section of bitter fan nation- not exactly unique when it comes to opposing fanbases and Michigan, but not completely representative of all UNO fans.

Just the same, you'd prefer to piddle in the wind, at least for last night, maybe tonight. Just make sure you take a shower when you are done. Either way, your fanbase and our fanbase agree on at least one point: you are truly the definition of a maverick since none of us want you around.
                  NICE SWEEP AND SO LONG. You don't want me around? LOL
                  You might want to look up the definition of maverick. They do have dictionaries in michigan don't they? And as for Rick and his crowd,,,
                  yawwwwn stretch boring.

"stay out of this thread" LMAO
                  UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Given recent history and the usual (maybe not so much this season) weight of the games in regards to conference standings, I think you guys should demote OSU. Should be MSU at 1 by default, 2 would be a Miami/ND tie.

Comment

So how important did a home sweep next weekend just become? I mean really, at this point I just want our season to end at the Joe. It was pretty clear before, but solidified this weekend, that the pieces to the puzzle aren't all there.

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                        Given recent history and the usual (maybe not so much this season) weight of the games in regards to conference standings, I think you guys should demote OSU. Should be MSU at 1 by default, 2 would be a Miami/ND tie.
                        If it was Hockey only, but the football rivalry is so intense that it supercedes all.
                        Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

19 straight Tourny appearances. Eh, we had a good run...
                          Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KC8NIY View Post
                            So how important did a home sweep next weekend just become? I mean really, at this point I just want our season to end at the Joe. It was pretty clear before, but solidified this weekend, that the pieces to the puzzle aren't all there.
                            I'd be happy with 2 more ties at Yost.
                            Embrace the hate.

Comment

In October I figured there was a good chance the final regular season weekend may have seen our two teams playing for the CCHA title. A couple of weeks ago, I assumed it was instead going to be for 4th place and the all-important first round bye. Now it looks like there's at least a decent chance it may be for who even gets to finish 8th... Seems like an awful lot of talent on and behind the benches wasted on such low stakes.

At least you guys didn't have to see your team play like mine did in Kalamazoo. On that indignity alone, I'll give the preliminary edge to Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                                In October I figured there was a good chance the final regular season weekend may have seen our two teams playing for the CCHA title. A couple of weeks ago, I assumed it was instead going to be for 4th place and the all-important first round bye. Now it looks like there's at least a decent chance it may be for who even gets to finish 8th... Seems like an awful lot of talent on and behind the benches wasted on such low stakes.

At least you guys didn't have to see your team play like mine did in Kalamazoo. On that indignity alone, I'll give the preliminary edge to Michigan.
                                Well, if I listed reasons, the snarky fans over at Mavpuck may think they are "arrogant whiny excuses". I'll just have to take that chance-

- playing five times in ten days- mostly on the road- is just a recipe for disaster. I am assuming these guys are dog tired and it exacerbates the sloppy, undisciplined play they have exhibited all season.

- Berenson finally showed his frustration in his quotes (much to the howling delight of said UNO fans) which basically translates into not giving the opponent credit, terrible defensive play, not finishing offensively and blaming the officials, at least last night, for calling six straight penalties on Michigan. (To which Dean Blais commented on how he feels that the consistency of the league officiating has been fine this season. Of course he would, any opportunity to bury Michigan is okay by him with his one year of experience with CCHA officiating.)

Of course, the fanbase in the prairie regions of the CCHA take great delight in their first sweep, so any opportunity to leech out their bile is taken- including the in style bashing of Berenson's teaching and recruiting ability, ala Lombardi. Or, the uber-conspiracy theories surrounding Michigan's golden child status in the CCHA, and how it influences officiating, scheduling and other breaks, so to speak.

If anything, this season has demonstrated that those are myths. What isn't a myth is that this team is suffering an identity crisis- individually talented players with no chemistry and no adherence to a system that Berenson has used for two decades. The bottom line is, they deserve where they are at in the standings, whether that is due to the opponent, or worse- their own sloppy, half hearted play. Here's to racing for 4th place. yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X