Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

TJ made all-decade...

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...all-decade.php

Unfortunately that team in east landfill had more representation.
    Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kdilks View Post
      I know when the run started, I'm just not exactly sure when I started because I would've been 3 at the time .
      If you can't remember, it doesn't count.

(and thanks for making me feel old. Can't imagine how streaker feels.... )

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        If you can't remember, it doesn't count.

(and thanks for making me feel old. Can't imagine how streaker feels.... )
        I feel just fine, thank you, after all I went through the Yost darkness before the dawn. My son (who finally graduates this spring) reminds me of my age every day.

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
          The puck looked to be under the glove of the WMU goalie, but they could not be sure because of the black puck on black jersey/pads/glove/uniform of the goaltender.
          If the goalie has the puck IN his glove in the process of making a save and the momentum carries it behind him and across the line into the net is it a save or a goal? After all, the puck DID go into the net, just while in the goalies glove.
          Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7
          Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

For those that haven't seen it, the NHL released their Mid-Term Rankings for the 2010 NHL Entry Draft the other day.

Among North American skaters, incoming freshman defenseman Jon Merrill (U.S. NTDP U18 Team) is ranked 20th.

Incoming forwards Jacob Fallon (U.S. NTDP U18 Team) and Luke Moffatt (U.S. NTDP U18 Team) check in at #50 and #75 respectively. I’m a little surprised by this seeing as Fallon missed the entire first half of the season due to an off ice violation and has only played in nine games and posted four points. Meanwhile Moffatt has really turned it on as of late and now has 21 points in 35 games, just seven points off the NTDP scoring lead. While has had early season troubles the past two seasons, I swear the past month he hasn’t gone a game without recording at least a point, which is great to see.

Ontario forward recruit Alex Guptill (Orangeville) is ranked #98.

NTDP defenseman Kevin Clare is ranked #132, and Cedar Rapids forward Derek Deblois is tabbed #170.

That's the good news. Merrill, Clare, and Fallon are also making some not so good news if you want to read about that. Ugh...
            Michigan Hockey Net
            Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by M-HockeyNet View Post
              That's the good news. Merrill, Clare, and Fallon are also making some not so good news if you want to read about that. Ugh...
              I have never been a big fan of NDTP and usually take every opportunity to take a swipe at them...but that kind of publicity is not good for our sport. Not sure you can blame USA Hockey this time, lets hope when all is said and done that this is not a huge blackeye for the sport we all are so passionate about.
              “You know what we were doing? We were on the phone calling Jon Corzine — literally. I literally picked up the phone and called Jon Corzine, and said, ‘Jon, what do you think we should do?'" ~Joe Biden~

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                If the goalie has the puck IN his glove in the process of making a save and the momentum carries it behind him and across the line into the net is it a save or a goal? After all, the puck DID go into the net, just while in the goalies glove.
                Technically, if the goalie moves the puck across the line, no matter how he does it, it's a goal (assuming the ref hadn't stopped play).

but to *change* a call on the ice, you actually have to see the puck cross the line. Since you could not see the puck, then the ref wasn't 100% sure that the puck actually crossed the line- there still is the possibility that the puck isn't under the golve, but under something else, and then later picked up.

So even though the puck crosses the line, if you don't see it, it doesn't count.... I bet that's how the call played out Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                  Technically, if the goalie moves the puck across the line, no matter how he does it, it's a goal (assuming the ref hadn't stopped play).

but to *change* a call on the ice, you actually have to see the puck cross the line. Since you could not see the puck, then the ref wasn't 100% sure that the puck actually crossed the line- there still is the possibility that the puck isn't under the golve, but under something else, and then later picked up.

So even though the puck crosses the line, if you don't see it, it doesn't count.... I bet that's how the call played out Saturday night.
                  Ding, ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!
                  Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by masquedman View Post
                    I have never been a big fan of NDTP and usually take every opportunity to take a swipe at them...but that kind of publicity is not good for our sport. Not sure you can blame USA Hockey this time, lets hope when all is said and done that this is not a huge blackeye for the sport we all are so passionate about.
                    If these kids are acting like this now, some of them more then one time now, why would Michigan even want them on campus and more importantly, why would the hockey program want them around the other kids.

Once Again, Trouble in Ann Arbor

Allegations of sexual harassment at Ann Arbor's Pioneer High School have led to the suspension of four U.S. Under-18 Team players from both the school and the team.

Forwards Matt Nieto and Jacob Fallon, and defensemen Kevin Clare and Jon Merrill have all been serving school suspensions since the middle of last week. The four players did not travel with their teammates over the weekend. The undermanned Under-18s lost to Green Bay, 3-1, on Friday, and to the University of Wisconsin, 7-1, on Saturday.

The NTDP had reportedly been waiting until the high school completes its investigation before making any decisons, but at least one of the players' families, feeling the high school's investigation has been conducted improperly, has hired a lawyer to protect their interests. And once lawyers are involved, it becomes hard to predict what direction proceedings may take. We have heard, however, that at least some of the players may be allowed to return to school this week, though under what terms is unclear.

Reports today indicated that there will be a meeting in Ann Arbor Tuesday between the four players and the NTDP staff. If past is prologue, it's likely that, at the very least, the suspensions will be extended and/or players may be asked to leave the program. There are, due to the sensitive nature of the accusations that have been leveled against the players, a lot that is up in the air. This, after all, is more than just a common drinking offense though, like anything, there are degrees of seriousness to the charges. And that's the gray area right now. Fallon, for whom this is a second offense of the year, is in the most perilous position. In September, he was suspended for drinking and missed the first few months of the season, finally returning to the ice on Dec. 1.

This is the second straight year that trouble has engulfed the program. Last March, after incidents surrounding parties in Sweden and Ann Arbor, three players - Kyle Palmieri, Willie Yanakeff, and Stu Higgins - were booted from the program. So a precedent can certainly be found there.

Merrill, Clare, and Fallon are all University of Michigan recruits. Nieto is a Boston University recruit.

Merrill, Clare, and Fallon are all draft eligibles, with Merrill ranked #20 among North American skaters, Fallon #50, and Clare #132. Nieto is a late '92, thus not draft eligible until 2011. That fact, combined with his current problems, has fueled speculation that his next stop will be the Dub, and not Boston University. The Under-18 Team's leading scorer, Nieto has his WHL rights owned by the Tri-Cities Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                      If these kids are acting like this now, some of them more then one time now, why would Michigan even want them on campus and more importantly, why would the hockey program want them around the other kids.
                      Key word: "If." It's just allegations right now and there are different levels of severity of those allegations. Simply put, we don't know enough info. So I'll wait and see rather than go all Nancy Grace on them.
                      Michigan Hockey Net
                      Follow MHNet on Twitter

NMUKat82 to my dog Cinnamon: Will you stop eyeballing my crotch like you're expecting something tasty to come out???

NMU Hockey: No Focke. No Scharge. The curse has been lifted and the turnaround begins!

"'Tech' means nerd, and nerds suck at sports." - Stephen Colbert

Comment

That makes sense for 3 of the 4 in particular. The other one who already had been suspended for the first 2 months should have been on his best behavior out of the spotlight 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          You're right, we really should just give up on everybody that does something stupid at age 17. If these kids are acting like this now, just think of what they'll be doing at age 22! The whole city of Ann Arbor will probably be consumed in flames! Better just lock them up immediately and save everyone else the trouble. I mean if you can't always make smart, responsible choices at age 17, what hope is there for you?

Comment

I get your point...

better yet, your real point should be as follows. Clearly we have a kid(other 3 first time) who has serious issues and needs help. To keep pretending hockey is so important and that if a kid can score, we will look the other way is insulting to the program and the kid. To lock up over 200K in scholorship money on a player who was suspended in September, comes back and can't last 3 or 4 weeks without getting nailed again is absurd.
                            Any 17 year old kid doing this needs help, not a scholorship

Comment

Has Palmieri gotten into any trouble while at ND?

Problem is, our trio of recruits were already under double secret probation. Let's see what happens.

Comment

If he has(only been playing 3 months there) Jackson would keep it in house.

The point is this is not the first incident. All kids make mistakes, happened at U Maine with the natl team a couple eyars ago when kids were set for partying etc. Those kids learned and are model citizens on all fronts. If they were suspended for over 2 months, came back and then had this type of problem again, it would be obvious they dont get it and need intervention.

Comment

Working...
                                X