Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Originally posted by CHATJ View Post
    Also I have seen michigan when they are on, and I have seen them play when they are off! If they show up to play I can see them making it to the Semi's. Going to be Interesting to see them make a run without Hogan? They are saying doubtful for playoffs, do you think he will be back if they get past the first round?
    If they really show up, they can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere. They just haven't shown up this season. The D CAN be good enough to make a long run to the Joe with Hunwick in net for two weels. But, again, this season, they haven't shown it.

Still makes me shake my head- for the most part, the entire D is the same as last season. And the defensive forwards are back.

I'm just going to have to accept not knowing what happened, and move on.

And I'll take this opportunity to make sure that you all remember the posters game at Yost, April 10, noon.

Comment

Rumor has it that Kampfer (or his right's) has been traded from Anaheim to Boston.
      Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
        Rumor has it that Kampfer (or his right's) has been traded from Anaheim to Boston.
        Official: http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=519616

Comment

Another trade:

Palushaj from St. Louis to Montreal for Matt D'Agonstini

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312205
          Last edited by redwings8831; 03-03-2010, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Two more:

Porter to Colorado (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...88030999_x.htm)
            Rust to Columbus

Comment

Another one:

Kolarik to Columbus

Comment

So the Porter/Kolarik duo is finally broken up after 8+ years together. I guess it was only a matter of time, and the fact that it lasted this long is amazing.

Porter reunited with Hensick and Sauer at Lake Erie.

Kolarik heads to Syracuse to play with a few previous CCHA opponents in Jonathan Sigalet and Mike Ratchuk.

Palushaj off to Hamilton and will likely see Pacioretty on occasion, along with that Conboy guy.

Kampfer to Providence after the season, and is likely to spend more time with former CCHA'ers Jeff Lovecchio and Jeff Penner than he is with Matt Hunwick.

Comment

The lack of banter tells me all I need to know about peoples feelings about this team. (To tell the truth, my feelings as well.)

Game tonight. Little Hunwick in goal. Anybody?
                  Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

I've had a good morning so far- great breakfast with a group of friends, the cable guy was spot on time, the weather is great, and we are looking for a new car tonight.

What does that mean for Hockey- nothing, of course.

But I am planning on being entertained by two teams playing one of my favorite sports tonight. How about that?

Comment

Michigan may get taken to three games this weekend, if for no other reason, they haven't proven to me that they can put two solid games together. The last time I saw it at Yost was during the CHS. Playing at home should negate the Hunwick factor somewhat, although he needs to stop shots he should, especially if the team in front of him plays like they did during the second period last saturday.

I'm not sure if guys like Summers, Kampfer and Leber are not already thinking of their next plans. Maybe that is the mind set of us fans.. disappointed and frustrated, especially with the FF here for the first time in 25 years.

Just the same, I'll be there to enjoy the last weekend of hockey at Yost. Also, got my letter for the outdoor game, and, depending on my mood, will get my seat, too.

Looking forward to the next class coming in, maybe a bit more offense to go with a large Senior class and some decent defense prospects. Just waiting for the shoe to drop on another goaltender.

Comment

Sounds decent thus far, of course we're only 1/2-way through one game and it's a sick Lake State (sorry Laker fans, no offense intended).
                        Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                          Sounds decent thus far, of course we're only 1/2-way through one game and it's a sick Lake State (sorry Laker fans, no offense intended).
                          Don't be deceived, Michigan shut down a club missing almost half of their goal production. As it was they got sloppy after being up 1-0, should have been behind. Took over the 2nd period and then relaxed at 3-0. That 5x3 was pretty stupid, but that is typical this season. A better team would have buried us last night.

Comment

Let's see if we can put two wins together. I don't want to have to be at Yost on Sunday night.
                            Last edited by bluevox; 03-06-2010, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                              Took over the 2nd period and then relaxed at 3-0.

While entertained by the game last night (which was generally sloppy by both teams....), this one thing is what has frustrated me all season. When they picked up the speed, the game was entirely down hill toward the Laker goalie- just no real competition at all. This is when you get the idea that they have figured it out, and know how to really play together. And this is the play where I contend that they can compete and beat anyone at anytime, anywhere.

But then they stop. arrrg.

And play like they can get beat by anyone, all the time.

Still, I tried just to enjoy the hockey last night, and for the most part, I did.

Shawn did a credible job- the second goal was pretty weak, and he over committed some of the deep shots, but all in all, not bad. Wilson, OTOH- man, did he have a tough time with the puck last night. Had we been more Jonny on the spot, it would have been 7 or 8 goals, even with most of the sloppy play. The rebounds he let into the slot were really something. I kinda felt sorry for him- he even had a tough time catching the puck...

Comment

With about 5 minutes left in the 2nd period of Saturday nights game it sounded like what students were at the game started a chant "4 more years". Were my ears misleading me or do they know something that I don't?
                                Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X