Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

You'll be back, whether we like it or not. Hell, you may be back this season. Lot of talent on your squad; I can understand the impulse to pull your hair out this season.

See you down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Well, if I listed reasons, the snarky fans over at Mavpuck may think they are "arrogant whiny excuses". I'll just have to take that chance-

- playing five times in ten days- mostly on the road- is just a recipe for disaster. I am assuming these guys are dog tired and it exacerbates the sloppy, undisciplined play they have exhibited all season.

- Berenson finally showed his frustration in his quotes (much to the howling delight of said UNO fans) which basically translates into not giving the opponent credit, terrible defensive play, not finishing offensively and blaming the officials, at least last night, for calling six straight penalties on Michigan. (To which Dean Blais commented on how he feels that the consistency of the league officiating has been fine this season. Of course he would, any opportunity to bury Michigan is okay by him with his one year of experience with CCHA officiating.)

Of course, the fanbase in the prairie regions of the CCHA take great delight in their first sweep, so any opportunity to leech out their bile is taken- including the in style bashing of Berenson's teaching and recruiting ability, ala Lombardi. Or, the uber-conspiracy theories surrounding Michigan's golden child status in the CCHA, and how it influences officiating, scheduling and other breaks, so to speak.

If anything, this season has demonstrated that those are myths. What isn't a myth is that this team is suffering an identity crisis- individually talented players with no chemistry and no adherence to a system that Berenson has used for two decades. The bottom line is, they deserve where they are at in the standings, whether that is due to the opponent, or worse- their own sloppy, half hearted play. Here's to racing for 4th place. yeah.
      Well, anything we can do to keep your chemistry amiss, just let us know. Best of luck vs the Cats this weekend. I am not trying to leech out any bile, but this is a huge series for Northern. I was very disappointed to see you guys got swept. No sneaking up on UM this weekend.
      “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
      – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
      when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by MavRick View Post
        You'll be back, whether we like it or not. Hell, you may be back this season. Lot of talent on your squad; I can understand the impulse to pull your hair out this season.

See you down the road.
        The voice of reason and class. Indeed, down the road, Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
          NICE SWEEP AND SO LONG. You don't want me around? LOL
          You might want to look up the definition of maverick. They do have dictionaries in michigan don't they? And as for Rick and his crowd,,,
          yawwwwn stretch boring.

"stay out of this thread" LMAO
          As if you need further proof of the joke that is the UN academic system...We had fun PWN'ing your program in the CCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
            As if you need further proof of the joke that is the UN academic system...We had fun PWN'ing your program in the CCHA.
            PWN'ing?
            UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
              Given recent history and the usual (maybe not so much this season) weight of the games in regards to conference standings, I think you guys should demote OSU. Should be MSU at 1 by default, 2 would be a Miami/ND tie.
              So that I can continue to distract myself from this "season" of "team" playing...

Assuming Miami's run at being a top team in the CCHA lasts for more than 5 more years, I'm sure your status of being a rival will be cemented- but not on the same level as MSU. It will be like Lake State of the early-mid 90's, where we knew they were very, very good, and would beat us in key games even when UM was playing to their potential. Outside of a handful of oddities, that kind of rivalry has a lot more respect than hate.

OSU, to be prefectly honest, is just a rival in hockey due to Football- it's not been a very even rivalry- their seasons of being good have been few and far between, so the level of competetiveness is not all that strong.

I personally think that the on ice rivalry with Minnesota and Wisconsin is stronger, even if we only play them once a year (and I'm thankful for that- without the CHS, we probably wouldn't play them).

But MSU will always be #1 on the ice. Even when they have a bad season, the games are well above the level of the season, at least on their part. So no matter what happens, the rivalry will be there.

Would not mind to see Miami be a strong rival... Or ND, too. But seasons like this even show how fickle that can be.

Comment

PWN'ing?
                what do you call your pathetic program's performance against Michigan during your tenure in the CCHA? Heck BGSU has more wins against us.

Comment

ugh. what a crappy weekend.

So, foolishly thinking we'd win or even sweep at UNO I made other plans for this weekend, not knowing how important the Northern series would be.

Oh well, I'm jumping ship. Going to the Air Force at RIT game Friday. The bf is an RIT alum, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Maybe I can go to whatever regional RIT may be playing at this year.

kidding....I'd never jump ship, as difficult as this season has been for this spoiled Michigan fan.

I am going to the RIT game though, and I am hopping on their bandwagon. Besides, I already saw a miserable loss to Air Force last March.
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

I am going to be the conductor of the Bemidji State bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine318 View Post
                      what do you call your pathetic program's performance against Michigan during your tenure in the CCHA? Heck BGSU has more wins against us.
                      BGSU has been around a lot longer too. Our program is hardly pathetic. first season in the ccha we beat your guys at the Joe. Quite a few close games along the way. UNO is and was among the top ncaa schools for attendance in our barn(s) compared to your little sheep shed. We have nothing to be ashamed of. But if we're so pathetic why did your weasels lose to us twice in one weekend?
                      UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

BGSU has been around a lot longer too. Our program is hardly pathetic. first season in the ccha we beat your guys at the Joe. Quite a few close games along the way. UNO is and was among the top ncaa schools for attendance in our barn(s) compared to your little sheep shed. We have nothing to be ashamed of. But if we're so pathetic why did your weasels lose to us twice in one weekend?
                        Ten seasons is enough of a sampling size. 6-24-3. No CCHA titles. No NCAA titles. One NCAA appearance, where you got torched. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Yep, some conference record- what was UNO's highest finish again? But keep hanging your hat on that 2000 JLA win, or this weekend's sweep against a not so vintage, .500 Michigan team. Maybe we should cue up that double digit Yost playoff thrashing for you from a couple years back. But then again, we really don't care anymore. You'll see more of those in the WCHA.

Yost arena= 6,600+ and is filled for most games every season. Has hosted three regionals. Between Civic Arena and the Qwest, I doubt you averaged much more than that, although the Qwest has the capability of seating >10,000... and had to have gimmick giveaways to draw fans for the OSU series two weeks ago. Look it up- but keep in mind that that "sheep shed" has banners hanging, where yours has...participation flags? Talk to me when you win something, anything, other than a regular season series, or a conference playoff game. Pretty pathetic that you judge your program against Michigan based on your building (which is shared, isn't even yours or isn't on campus) since you can't do it consistently on the ice. Well, at least you are not the "only" team left to sweep Michigan in the CCHA. That now falls to Alaska.

Matter of fact, don't talk to me, because once again, we really don't care since the statistics don't lie.

We'll see how UNO fans will be crowing come playoff time, especially if they have to go on the road with that stellar 3-10-4 record. Better yet, let's see how much smack you bring this weekend down in Oxford. For once, I am going to remind you just out of spite.

Comment

I said same time period that UNO was in the CCHA...

I suggest Hooked on Phonics for you. I would be ashamed at your reading comprehension.

Like streaker said, come back to us when you have more than a participation banner hanging in your barn. Even BGSU has a sixth place banner hanging in their barn.

Way to hang your hat on beating a 0.500 Michigan team that is most likely not going to be in the tourney. A really difficult accomplishment. I bet you hung your hat on beating an eight win MSU team last season too...

The facts are that UNO fans have zero room to talk smack after Michigan completely owned your program in the CCHA.

I seem to remember a couple years when we kicked your pathetic team's butt in Yost by double digits. I was not at the game, since I was stuck in an atlanta airport on the way to Rio. However, my wife relayed to me how your players started to thug it up at the end and almost caused a bench clearing brawl. The only thing I have ever liked about UNO was the girl with big boobs that sat in the front row of the visiting parents section at Yost right in front of the student section.
                          Last edited by wolverine318; 02-15-2010, 12:11 PM.

Comment

now why did I just go to mavpunk.com? Those knuckle-dragging troglodytes were making fun of Kampfer's spinal injury from last season. Yet, they keep calling our fans classless in threads. When in glass houses...

If they think we are classless I guess they have never traveled to East Lansing or Columbus.

Comment

enough of the cows already. the more we talk about it, the more i'm reminded on how poor our season is this year.

To the point I think that we will not be going to the game on Saturday night.

And I'm not all that keen on a Thursday night, senior night. May go to the game, but may not stick around for the celebration.

This is the most underachiving team I've ever seen. In past years, we've been able to deal with losses of major players. Last year should have been an indicator of this year- we did most of the season without out top D man, and managed to have a great season, getting a #1 seed and all. With the same leadership we had on the blue line this seaons, well... we find out that Hogan is no Billy Sauer. The one person I'm most bummed about is Summers- he looked to be the best guy with a C in a LONG time. But out of the gate, he really struggled with his own play- some horrific turn overs that lead to goals, poor passes, bad decisions- and I don't think he was doing anything but focus on D- no head hunting, no puck hogging to get points, no bad pinches, etc.

And it was almost as if his lack of focus on his own play just spilled out over the whole team.

I'm not trying to say it's his fault- I'm sure he is doing his best. But you can see there's no real leadership on this team.

The O? Geez- why can we score at will one night, and the next- nothing? Or some games, it takes 3 periods to get anything going? And by then, it's too late to overcome a 4 goal deficit. I would have expected Louis to have a break out season, where he just is a threat ever time he got on the ice. Why that didn't happen? No idea.

Are there issues between the coaches and the team this year? I sure would like to think that they really want to win, but to hear that they were basically going through the motions this past weekend, when they had a chance to improve in the standings to earn a week off to make a run for the Joe- I got that same feeling when they dropped a game against one win BGSU earlier in the season. Why does it appear to the fans that they don't have a sense of urgency? Why do we read their play as not really caring?

What's going on?

Of all years for this to happen, it was the year we could have massive home ice support at the Frozen Four in Detroit. Now, the idea of even making the tournament is more out than in.....

sorry about the rant, but I just don't get it.

But at least I know it's not the 2009 thread that started it all... since KC's new thread didn't help....

Comment

Alfa, you could place this post in the ND thread and replace a few of the names and it would fit just as well. I feel pretty dumb now after basically making all the plans to attend tournament games in Fort Wayne and a Frozen Four almost as close. At least you guys have had a couple of decades to count your chickens before they hatched. I should have known not to after only 3 good seasons.. .

Comment

Working...
                                X