Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

    How is Michigan able to play a 37th regular season game? You get 34, plus two extras for traveling to Alaska. They've also played their allotted two exhibition games. Is there a special exemption for the Camp Randall game? It also looks like the 35th game for Wisconsin, who doesn't have the Alaska exemption this year.
    Last edited by davyd83; 02-02-2010, 08:56 AM.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

    Comment


    • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

      Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Is there a special exemption for the Camp Randall game?
      Yes.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



      Arenas visited:
      7 B1G
      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
      2 Alaskan

      Comment


      • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

        Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        Yes.
        Actually, I found out that it is this year's US Hockey Hall of Fame game. Wisconsin and Ohio State had the same thing at Lambeau Field. Now my next curiosity is, is this an exhibition game or does it count in the RPI and Pairwise? When the HOF games were preseason contests in Eveleth, they were strictly exhibition matches.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

        Comment


        • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

          It's no longer permitted to call games between 2 Division I NCAA teams "exhibitions." They all count. Both teams are playing for PWR and RPI points Saturday.

          "The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

          --The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

          Comment


          • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

            With all of our focus here on Wisconsin, I sure hope the players remember the far more important series at this point- BGSU tomorrow and next Tuesday....

            While Wisconsin will help whatever index we have left, the BGSU pair can help us get home ice for the first round of the CCHA. Those two are ones we must win.

            Comment


            • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

              Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              With all of our focus here on Wisconsin, I sure hope the players remember the far more important series at this point- BGSU tomorrow and next Tuesday....

              While Wisconsin will help whatever index we have left, the BGSU pair can help us get home ice for the first round of the CCHA. Those two are ones we must win.
              Agreed. Although the conference opponents the next two weeks should be "easier" they are must wins, and with the travel it's going to be a rough 2 weeks. That, and BG has already proven they can beat Michigan this season.

              BG tomorrow
              Wisc. Sat
              home vs. BG Tuesday
              and then travel to UNO for games next weekend.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.



              Arenas visited:
              7 B1G
              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
              2 Alaskan

              Comment


              • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

                Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                With all of our focus here on Wisconsin, I sure hope the players remember the far more important series at this point- BGSU tomorrow and next Tuesday....

                While Wisconsin will help whatever index we have left, the BGSU pair can help us get home ice for the first round of the CCHA. Those two are ones we must win.
                That is a valid concern although I seriously don't think that the guys will be over-looking BGSU as Bowling Green beat Michigan at home earlier in the year. Michigan will want to extract revenge.
                Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                Comment


                • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

                  Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                  Michigan will want to extract revenge.
                  Revenge will be ours!

                  But not until we suck it all out of them.



                  /nazi

                  Comment


                  • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

                    Shaking my head looking at BG's stats.

                    53rd in scoring offense. 54th in defense. 52nd ranked PP. 55th ranked PK. 10th overall in PM's (tied with... us.) Only 2 players on the roster with a (+) rating.

                    Eno, .897 sv%. Only away "win" at Yost this season.

                    I can't imagine looking ahead to Saturday, but I also can't imagine that our guys aren't looking at the same thing. UGH.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

                      Michigan beats BG 2-1 on the strength of two first period PP goals, and outshot the Falcons 30-13. Hogan had to make a game saving stop in the last minutes during a BG PP.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

                        Originally posted by streaker View Post
                        Michigan beats BG 2-1 on the strength of two first period PP goals, and outshot the Falcons 30-13. Hogan had to make a game saving stop in the last minutes during a BG PP.
                        Apparently 2 BG players whacked at it at the edge of the crease with Hogan virtually behind the net - somehow dove back around to keep it out.
                        Oh well

                        Comment


                        • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

                          Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                          Apparently 2 BG players whacked at it at the edge of the crease with Hogan virtually behind the net - somehow dove back around to keep it out.
                          Oh well
                          Weird bounce off of the boards, apparently. Somehow the puck found its way into his trapper, though.

                          Hat's off to the Falcons. Played hard and, except for the stupidity of taking a 5 minute HFB that led to the two PPG's, they played toe to toe with Michigan.

                          And as a result, Michigan is now in 4th (at least until this weekend.) The sad news, they dropped to 20th in the PWR. Something to motivate them for Saturday night. Bigger beans to re-fry next week.

                          I feel dirty saying this, but go Spar_ _ _ s.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

                            Originally posted by streaker View Post
                            Weird bounce off of the boards, apparently. Somehow the puck found its way into his trapper, though.

                            Hat's off to the Falcons. Played hard and, except for the stupidity of taking a 5 minute HFB that led to the two PPG's, they played toe to toe with Michigan.

                            And as a result, Michigan is now in 4th (at least until this weekend.) The sad news, they dropped to 20th in the PWR. Something to motivate them for Saturday night. Bigger beans to re-fry next week.

                            I feel dirty saying this, but go Spar_ _ _ s.
                            I understand why you are saying that but still it's evil. Don't you have any pride man?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
                            Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

                              Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                              I understand why you are saying that but still it's evil. Don't you have any pride man?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
                              The only time I take "pride" into consideration is when it doesn't benefit our program. At this juncture, I would rather lower myself to a casual rooting interest than not. Afterall, if Michigan had taken care of business head on, we may not had to rely on others to do it for us.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Michigan Hockey 2010 - Delivery or Take Out?

                                Originally posted by streaker View Post
                                Weird bounce off of the boards, apparently. Somehow the puck found its way into his trapper, though.

                                Hat's off to the Falcons. Played hard and, except for the stupidity of taking a 5 minute HFB that led to the two PPG's, they played toe to toe with Michigan.

                                And as a result, Michigan is now in 4th (at least until this weekend.) The sad news, they dropped to 20th in the PWR. Something to motivate them for Saturday night. Bigger beans to re-fry next week.

                                I feel dirty saying this, but go Spar_ _ _ s.
                                Not that it really matters, but we dropped to 20th in the PWR after the Beanpot games on Monday, not the Bowling Green game yesterday.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X