Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ UNO 1st Round NCHC Playoffs: Unleash the Worry

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
    I don't have my finger on the pulse of up and coming coaches, nor do I think 100% believe that Dean should be canned. What I am daying is that .500 with Dean's playoff record is hardly irreplaceable
    I understand that, but honestly, I think whoever you'd replace him with would kill your recruiting and wouldn't be any better of a coach. George Gwozdecky isn't gonna sign on the dotted line, and while I may be misreading either the amount of money your school is willing to spend to address the issue AND the attractiveness of the position, I think you'd end up with someone in the neighborhood of a Dave Shyiak.

As an opposing NCHC fan, I'd do cartwheels if you guys got rid of Blais. Western Michigan just finished 7th in the NCHC and are tied for 23rd in pairwise, but Andy Murray's job is safe because Western knows that they'll never land a bigger name/better coach in K'zoo.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      I understand that, but honestly, I think whoever you'd replace him with would kill your recruiting and wouldn't be any better of a coach. George Gwozdecky isn't gonna sign on the dotted line, and while I may be misreading either the amount of money your school is willing to spend to address the issue AND the attractiveness of the position, I think you'd end up with someone in the neighborhood of a Dave Shyiak.

As an opposing NCHC fan, I'd do cartwheels if you guys got rid of Blais. Western Michigan just finished 7th in the NCHC and are tied for 23rd in pairwise, but Andy Murray's job is safe because Western knows that they'll never land a bigger name/better coach in K'zoo.
      A good A.D. Would find a young coach that can build the program up for a long time. I like Dean and think he is a great coach. UNO is going to be in the tourney. They are a good team and With the right draw it would not shochk me if they made the Frozen four....if that happens are the nay sayers going to love him again?
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        I am still waiting to hear who you think you can land that would be an improvement.
        I don't have my finger on the pulse of up and coming coaches, nor do I think 100% believe that Dean should be canned. What I am daying is that .500 with Dean's playoff record is hardly irreplaceable
        UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Originally posted by 5thYearFreshman View Post
          He is 109-98-22 at UNO with two NCAA appearances (0-2), 1-6 in playoff series with a 4-12 record. What exactly is irreplaceable about that?

The reputation of his UND days can only take him so far
          Judging by the team this year, I think UNO is a program on the way up. Getting rid of Blais now would be stupid. UNO isn't going to get the recruits Blais got if he isn't there.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Working...
          X