Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (1/8 - 1/10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (1/8 - 1/10)

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
    Was the shot total as accurate as it was in the final box score? I only ask because, given the score, it seems crazy that RPI was outshot that badly although I know York was on top of his game. That's the one disconcerting thing I can find from a 4-1 win.
    I thought that the shots - especially in the 1st period - on the scoreboard were a bit "generous" toward the home team. We were outshot, but not by that wide of a margin, IMO.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
      Also about last night...I thought our stick work on the fore check was superb. It seems as the boys got rid of their 'bus legs' they were winning the little battles and frustrating Q at times. Our passing on the break out made me want to scream, however. Saucers aren't always the answer! And if I saw it once, I saw it a gajillion times: a forward standing still on his own blue line, facing his own goalie waiting for a pass...THAT'S an invitation to a concussion

Also, use of the point on the PP is a bugaboo for me (I live with defensemen so I'm a bit biased)...the forwards seemed to have to work SO hard while their D-men were WIDE open...thus the lack of shots on goal...
      We're still minus a "cannon" shot from the point on the PP. Brutlag will shoot the puck, but he was at forward as we know. Polacek has the best/hardest/quickest shot (with the possible exception of Pirri) I say put Chase on the point!

Bergin is supposed to be the heir apparent as the PP "QB" but he's still catching up to game speed, IMO, and he did of course, get tossed last night. I'm hoping Bergin's offense will kick in for the stretch run...and hopefully Bailen will help fill the role well next season. There were a few instances last night when we had good passes to set up shots from the point, but we had the wrong handed player at point...as RB has mentioned in the past.
      Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-09-2010, 12:54 PM.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
        I agree with this. One that stuck out to me was (I think) Marty O'Grady breaking in shorthanded 2-on-1 with a pretty clear shot, but he tried to pass it through the defenseman to his linemate which got broken up. Put the shot on net and you've got a chance to score or a potential rebound.

Q got a lot of powerplay shots, but for all they got through I think we blocked just as many. Very strong effort by the PK unit throughout the night. I did notice our D get burned by Lampe several times when they tried to take him out of the play at the blue line. The kid is agile and crafty and can take opportunities like that to blow right past defenders and get a break. Fortunately York was up to the task the several times it happened.

Late in the game it looked like the D adjusted to it a little better and there weren't as many bad chances given up to Q. Although they did keep up the pressure in the the third to some extent, there was definitely a bigger focus on defense late in the game.

One thing that worries me a little (although it worked out for us last night) is seeing 3 guys charge into the offensive zone when we're on the PK. While it got us 2 goals last night, it also led to several odd-man rushes back the other way while our guys were caught deep in the zone.
        Totally agree. You could see Marty was kicking himself about that one...but he made up for it later...

We have struggled all season with slowing guys down at the blueline...sometimes we're just late other times tentative. I am sure it is very apparent during video study. It takes some trust to commit to burying the man and letting your team mate grab the loose puck.

I'm OK with attacking on the PK...sure its a risk, but you could tell that after our first shorty, Q was very tentative and reluctant to send the puck to the point which helped out slot guys and led to several breakups/turnovers. It was our best PK game of the season, IMO...even if we hadn't scored the shorties.
        Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-09-2010, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
          I saw a woman in a fur coat, but figured if I asked if she were Babo and she was not, I might get injured.
          I saw the woman in the full-length fur coat and decided to err on the side of caution myself, especially since I was with the "enemy".

Congrats to RPI on the win. You definitely took it to us...
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
            I saw the woman in the full-length fur coat and decided to err on the side of caution myself, especially since I was with the "enemy".

Congrats to RPI on the win. You definitely took it to us...
            Q's got quite a nice facility there Mark..even if it is a bit of "Cold Mountain"..

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Q's got quite a nice facility there Mark..even if it is a bit of "Cold Mountain"..
              Thanks... it does get a little breezy and cold up there, but the view is fantastic.

I keep trying to tell 'em that we need to make the opposing teams and fans walk up the hill.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                Thanks... it does get a little breezy and cold up there, but the view is fantastic.

I keep trying to tell 'em that we need to make the opposing teams and fans walk up the hill.
                It might come to that if the access road gets icy...might have to install a rope tow !

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Diamond View Post
                  Geez, why would anyone think that??
                  whoosh.

Keep on failin', Neil, keep on failin'.
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Union sweeps on the weekend. 2-1 win in overtime over Quinnipiac, winner by Luke Cain.
                    National Champions 2014!
                    Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                    Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                    Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Luke Cain gets the OT winner and Union pulls off a 2-1 victory and into first place!

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
                        Union sweeps on the weekend. 2-1 win in overtime over Quinnipiac, winner by Luke Cain.
                        Well done.

Fear the District.

Comment

Alright, time for RPI, get it done tomorrow and the CD chalks up 8 pts. for the weekend and I'd wager next Saturday will be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                            Alright, time for RPI, get it done tomorrow and the CD chalks up 8 pts. for the weekend and I'd wager next Saturday will be entertaining.
                            I guarantee Saturday will be entertaining regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                              *looks at two people tied at the top for point scoring in ECAC conference play, though one will probably be ahead because they play another game tomorrow*

Yea, I'd say it'd be entertaining. However, RPI isn't going to be looking that far yet. We still have a game to play tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                However, RPI isn't going to be looking that far yet.
                                Hey, speak for yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X