Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (1/8 - 1/10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (1/8 - 1/10)

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
    This is really a defining weekend for all four teams:

RPI: Is this young, talented team going to finally get a few big wins on the road? This team has so much potential but the results are not there. Win and they are right back in it. Lose and they will truly be seen as one of the weaker teams in the league.
    They might be "seen as" weak, but that would be a hallucination. Q and P are both good teams but RPI is a lot better than the record suggests, the gears just haven't consistently meshed yet. Even with losses on the road, this team will still make a lot of noise in this half of the schedule, and I'd bet no team wants to draw RPI as their first playoff opponent, right Dartmouth?

Not meaning to provoke you UHM, but at this point I think RPI, if it gets some better defensive play has more upside for the rest of the schedule than Union. It will be interesting to see.
    A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      ...I believe the rink seats a little over 2000 and I expect Sunday to have at least 30% of the crowd in red.
      Yep. 2,100 official capacity.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

According to today's TU article by Tim Wilkin, it is not certain that D'Amigo will play on Sunday. The schedule does however give him an extra day off as RPI doesn't play until Sunday. I didn't realize that D'Amigo is still only an 18 year old.

I am curious as to whether Union will rotate goalies this weekend. I thought Milan played fairly well against UConn and Army, so I would not be at all surprised to see him get a start. Union needs to get some more production from their 2nd and 3rd lines to take some of the pressure off of the top line. Staying out of the box as always, would be a big help as well. The PK though improving, still has some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Yeah, you're right -- beating Union at Itza Messa is no biggie. Same for BU and Michigan.
          That's why I just ignore his idiocy.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
            According to today's TU article by Tim Wilkin, it is not certain that D'Amigo will play on Sunday.
            I'm not sure who to trust on this one, Tim Wilkin or Jerry D'Amigo.

Comment

... I didn't realize that D'Amigo is still only an 18 year old...
              He played on the USNDTP Under 18 team last year. I realize math is an elective at Union, but c'mon!
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Dear Union,

Please win both games this weekend. Thank you.

Comment

He played on the USNDTP Under 18 team last year. I realize math is an elective at Union, but c'mon!
                  Guilty!

Comment

Guilty!
                    We then sentence you to five episodes of Square One TV. And hey, maybe the creators are still crying after we beat their beloved team in the GLI.

Comment

Yep. 2,100 official capacity.
                      And everyone there will be freezing their buns off. Because of the small size and proximity of most seats to the ice surface-it can be real loud even with a smallish crowd. The piped in music is anoying and the public address system is never clear so you can almost never hear what is said. One would think a school with the endowment funds of Princeton would fix some of these things
                      Last edited by DrDemento; 01-08-2010, 12:34 PM.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        We then sentence you to five episodes of Square One TV. And hey, maybe the creators are still crying after we beat their beloved team in the GLI.
                        What the hell are you talking about? Square One was ****ing awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          What the hell are you talking about? Square One was ****ing awesome.
                          I couldn't agree with you more! It was more of a reference to WS's comment concerning mathematics, and since Wholin1 said guilty, I thought it was an appropriate sentence, though enjoyable to much of the targeted audience.

And as much as I watched the show religiously, although I didn't understand it at the time, the U of M references are a little over the top. Just look at Mathman and a U of M football helmet side by side. Heck, even one of the criminals on Mathnet "had to finish up at Michigan State".

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I couldn't agree with you more! It was more of a reference to WS's comment concerning mathematics, and since Wholin1 said guilty, I thought it was an appropriate sentence, though enjoyable to much of the targeted audience.
                            Aren't sentences supposed to be... I don't know, unfun?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                              Aren't sentences supposed to be... I don't know, unfun?
                              He goes to Union, hasn't he had it bad enough already?
                              The color of illusion is perfect blue
                              Chase: What Matters.

Comment

RPI 's line chart has been posted
                                http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...art.pdf?id=636
                                Party like it is 1985!

Comment

Working...
                                X