Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (1/8 - 1/10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (1/8 - 1/10)

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
    If anyone wants to look for myself or my fellow First Churchers at the game against Princeton, we'll be in Section 102, Row C. Looking at the rink map, we seem to have gotten shafted with the seat selection by the HFH.
    I hope someone at the Princeton game doesn't mind starting a "U-S-A" chant for Jerry. I would've done so myself at Quinnipiac, but if he's not playing I won't get the chance. (And if I didn't have some fairly important commitments early Monday morning, I'd probably head down to Princeton myself.)
    RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

If anyone wants to look for myself or my fellow First Churchers at the game against Princeton, we'll be in Section 102, Row C. Looking at the rink map, we seem to have gotten shafted with the seat selection by the HFH.
      Go get 'em, First Church. I want to hear you loud and clear and overpowering the Princeton crowd on ESPNU.

The Collar City Madmen will be linkin' up with you in Schenectady again.
      Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDanGo View Post
        I hope someone at the Princeton game doesn't mind starting a "U-S-A" chant for Jerry. I would've done so myself at Quinnipiac, but if he's not playing I won't get the chance. (And if I didn't have some fairly important commitments early Monday morning, I'd probably head down to Princeton myself.)
        Consider it done, Dan.
        Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          I want to hear you loud and clear and overpowering the Princeton crowd on ESPNU.
          It shouldn't be very hard to overpower the 14 fans that fill that barn on game nights.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
            It shouldn't be very hard to overpower the 14 fans that fill that barn on game nights.
            You don't think the allure of the game being on TV is going to bring out fairweathers?
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

This is really a defining weekend for all four teams:

Union: Can they continue to stay unbeaten in the ECAC? If so, I think they will really start to be looked at as one of the top teams in the league. If they lose, they might fall back towards the middle of the pack.

RPI: Is this young, talented team going to finally get a few big wins on the road? This team has so much potential but the results are not there. Win and they are right back in it. Lose and they will truly be seen as one of the weaker teams in the league.

Quinny: Was the hot start a fluke? Since their amazing start, Quinnipiac has been mediocre at best. I still look at Quinny as one of the top teams in the league but if they beat RPI and Union this weekend, then I will really be convinced.

Princeton: Opposite of Quinny. After a brutal start to the season, Princeton has been ON FIRE beating four top 20 teams in a row. Can they keep it going against Union and RPI or will they come back down to earth?
              LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Consider it done, Dan.
                I knew I could count on you.
                RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  You don't think the allure of the game being on TV is going to bring out fairweathers?
                  I think even Princeton's fairweathers will be outnumbered by you guys big time.

Comment

I think even Princeton's fairweathers will be outnumbered by you guys big time.
                    I thought the game was nearly sold out, and I don't think that many RPI fans go on road trips. Unless DrD invited 1000 friends. There are a few factions that travel (First Church, Collar City Madmen, sometimes Red Army even though class isn't in session), not to mention the casual travelers and anyone I've missed.

I certainly hope we do outnumber their fans, but given the ticket sales, it does give me doubts.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I thought the game was nearly sold out, and I don't think that many RPI fans go on road trips. Unless DrD invited 1000 friends. There are a few factions that travel (First Church, Collar City Madmen, sometimes Red Army even though class isn't in session), not to mention the casual travelers and anyone I've missed.

I certainly hope we do outnumber their fans, but given the ticket sales, it does give me doubts.
                      Well maybe Princetonians only come out on Sundays.

My point was and still is that there could only be 100 of you and maybe 1000 of them and your core would still dwarf their group in terms of devotion, hockey knowledge/sense and passion. For some reason Q can't seem to win at Hobey and maybe I'm just bitter about that, but we have never had a problem being more boisterous than their "crowd" in their barn.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Many of our old buddies from HFH section 6 make the trip every year to Princeton. Jenny and I have met lots of others there each year. Hockeyhound and Mrs. Hound made the trip down from Alberta one year. RPI gets alot of road support at Baker Rink. I have noticed the games drawing far more Princeton fans the past few years and it is almost always a sellout or near sellout. We have seen some fantastic games there over the years including an OT win and a come from behind tie as well as an incredible 6-3 victory in 1985 by a powerhouse RPI team that just controlled every aspect of the game (including winning all the roughhousing that took place). I believe the rink seats a little over 2000 and I expect Sunday to have at least 30% of the crowd in red.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I haven't been to Princeton in a while but there's usually a pretty good RPI contingent there. There's a pretty big RPI alumni group that comes up from NYC & the surrounding area. I have a pretty good Princeton story...I called the Princeton box office to order tickets(I was looking for 4 tickets) & the ticket person asked me who I was rooting for. I told her RPI & she told me that there was a 4 ticket limit for RPI fans. As I only needed 4 I didn't really think too much about it until I got off the phone & said to myself...WAIT A MINUTE...THEY CAN'T TELL ME WHO TO ROOT FOR LOL !!!!. I guess they don't like their fans to be outcheered.

Comment

Well maybe Princetonians only come out on Sundays.

My point was and still is that there could only be 100 of you and maybe 1000 of them and your core would still dwarf their group in terms of devotion, hockey knowledge/sense and passion. For some reason Q can't seem to win at Hobey and maybe I'm just bitter about that, but we have never had a problem being more boisterous than their "crowd" in their barn.
                            That's OK, just a quantity vs. quality misunderstanding. So you're saying half the people that bought tickets "don't know the difference between a blue line and a clothes line"? (quoted from Al Michaels)

Tough break that you guys have had difficulty with the travel partner at Hobey Baker, sometimes a team just has your number. I know with Union @ Starr, it's true.

Comment

Originally posted by RPIHOCKEYFAN View Post
                              I haven't been to Princeton in a while but there's usually a pretty good RPI contingent there. There's a pretty big RPI alumni group that comes up from NYC & the surrounding area. I have a pretty good Princeton story...I called the Princeton box office to order tickets(I was looking for 4 tickets) & the ticket person asked me who I was rooting for. I told her RPI & she told me that there was a 4 ticket limit for RPI fans. As I only needed 4 I didn't really think too much about it until I got off the phone & said to myself...WAIT A MINUTE...THEY CAN'T TELL ME WHO TO ROOT FOR LOL !!!!. I guess they don't like their fans to be outcheered.
                              O_O Talk about unwelcoming..... although it might be warranted if the rink has had a history of under-the-influence opposing fans engaging in fisticuffs. If the sole purpose is to limit ticket sales, no wonder people don't usually show up. On either side.

Don't they also pipe in applause through the speakers for a goal?

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                                RPI: Is this young, talented team going to finally get a few big wins on the road? ...
                                Yeah, you're right -- beating Union at Itza Messa is no biggie. Same for BU and Michigan.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X