Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (1/8 - 1/10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI & Union @ Quinnipiac & Princeton (1/8 - 1/10)

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
    I haven't been to a game at Baker Rink since moving out to central PA 15 years ago, but my stepdaughter who lives in New Jersey gave me a ticket to this Sunday's game, so I plan to make the trip.

If you see somebody wearing a white baseball cap with the letters RPI and the words Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute on the front (yes, somebody managed to fit all that on a baseball cap), there's a good chance that it'll be me.
    I am tempted to make the trip down to Princeton and see the Baker rink for the first time...we'll see how the weather plays out...

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
      I am tempted to make the trip down to Princeton and see the Baker rink for the first time...we'll see how the weather plays out...
      Dress exceptionally warm. The Rink is kept at an ungodly temperature. It is a great little rink to watch a game but try not to get the seats in the balcony behind the goal. You want to be on the North or South sides of the arena. They have renumbered the seats for this year-all the good side seats used to be section N3-N9 or S3-S9 but that has all changed now that each section is numbered rather than designated by the South and North prefix. I believe they have recently posted a seating chart on the Princeton Hockey website. Last I looked they did not have much left in the way of seats. If Jenny can recover from her recent hospitalization we will be there Sunday.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

the parking last time I was there was still being 'etched' out of the mountain but I think it should all be good now.
        Parking's still a bit of a nightmare with the ongoing construction of the York Hill campus but the new parking garage is open and available for games. If you're there before 6 you should be able to get in the main lot.

I'll be looking for that racoon coat!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

You got it...meet me at Will Call...puck drops at 7 but I like to see warm ups (I show up at 6). I will be wearing the biggest mofo raccoon coat on the planet...the parking last time I was there was still being 'etched' out of the mountain but I think it should all be good now. Idea: go to Facebook and request me as a friend...we can exchange cell #'s there to communicate in the event of bad weather for your trip down (I assume you're coming from the Troy area?)
          Sounds good...'I'll do my best to keep the PETA picketers away...and so as to stay in the good graces of the NCAA, I will not buy you a car.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I am trying to get to the Q game on Friday, but it will have to be a last minute decision.
            Will it be a problem getting tickets that late? Also, does anyone know if there is a section for visiting fans?
            Thanks.
            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
            Benjamin Franklin
            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
            Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
              Will it be a problem getting tickets that late? Also, does anyone know if there is a section for visiting fans?
              The students are on break so I would think the game won't sell out. At a minimum you should be able to get SRO tickets.

Section 113 is behind the visitors bench at center ice. Sections 112-115 is where the majority of the visting fans congregate.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
              Northeast Regional:
              West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                The students are on break so I would think the game won't sell out. At a minimum you should be able to get SRO tickets.

Section 113 is behind the visitors bench at center ice. Sections 112-115 is where the majority of the visting fans congregate.
                Thanks, I appreciate it.
                Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                Benjamin Franklin
                The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                Gary Player

Comment

Bump back to Page 1. RPI v. Q should prove to be an intriguing matchup. RPI coming off a layoff and Q coming off an OT loss to Princeton.

RPI's D'Amigo was on fire at World Juniors, but will not play vs. Q. Goalie Allen York had an outstanding outing in beating Michigan at the GLI, only to relieve Merriam the following night in a loss to MSU in the trophy game. I expect to see York in goal tomorrow night.
                  Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-07-2010, 03:45 PM.
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Going to be staying in Troy to catch the women's games tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon, but I've got a ticket for Sunday's game down at Princeton. Only a handful of tickets left for Princeton (best available now is in the back rows of the upper end-ice level), but it looks like there's still plenty of availability for the Quinnipiac game.

Looking forward to another fun weekend of hockey! Let's go Red!

Comment

Last season, Quinnipiac was 16-0-0 in games in which it led after the second period. In their last 43 games in that scenario, dating back three seasons, Quinnipiac is undefeated at 40-0-3 when playing with a lead heading into the final frame.
                      We better have a lead at the end of the second period

Comment

Ken Schott blogs that Jerry D'Amigo is out of Friday's game v. QPac but should play v. PU. Details to follow.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...innipiac-game/

Comment

If anyone wants to look for myself or my fellow First Churchers at the game against Princeton, we'll be in Section 102, Row C. Looking at the rink map, we seem to have gotten shafted with the seat selection by the HFH.
                          Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                            Ken Schott blogs that Jerry D'Amigo is out of Friday's game v. QPac but should play v. PU. Details to follow.

http://cms.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...innipiac-game/
                            That's unfortunate...was looking forward to seeing him. But still excited about Pirri, being that I'm a Blackhawks fan.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                              If anyone wants to look for myself or my fellow First Churchers at the game against Princeton, we'll be in Section 102, Row C. Looking at the rink map, we seem to have gotten shafted with the seat selection by the HFH.
                              Have sat there before-really not as good as being on either the north or south side of the rink but you will get a real close look at the goal right in front of you-this game is a virtual sell out and even the upper deck seats are almost all gone. Afew years ago, when Princeton was not playing as well, there were always decent seats available but it has gotten tight the past 3 years.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                                In the back row of Section 129, myself (right next to a beam, it looks like, since the row goes 1-5 and then 7-8). Had I waited till today, I could've gotten 104, Row A. Went straight through tickets.com - I figured HFH would've sent back the RPI allotment by this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X