• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU Gets Four Free Points - MTU at SCSU, January 8-9, 2010

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
    YOU BASTARD!!
    Believe me, I feel terrible about it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I will not be making the St, Clooud trip. Thanks to some bad food yesterday, I was sicker than a dog, and today I'm not doing much better.
      What kind of dog did that chinese place put in your Wonton?

Seriously though, that sucks.
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I find it rather amusing that the 4 Tech fans in attendance (that weren't related to the Tech hockey players) were all girls. Just saying.
        Application for Admission to the WCHA:
        http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
        Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
        Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
        Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
        All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Brent, we'll have a couple drinks for you tonight. Wish you could have made it.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Brent, I was looking forward to meeting you tonight. I guess now I'll have to wait till the Final 5...
            Application for Admission to the WCHA:
            http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
            Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
            Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
            Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
            All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Believe me, I feel terrible about it.
              Well... a Gopher fan feels terrible, I guess that's a win, right?

Seriously, sorry to hear that, and get well for 2 weeks.
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                Well... a Gopher fan feels terrible, I guess that's a win, right?

Seriously, sorry to hear that, and get well for 2 weeks.
                I'll tell ya what: I'm never eating beer cheese soup again.

Finally got to keep some food down just a bit ago. Yesterday, I couldn't even drink water.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'll tell ya what: I'm never eating beer cheese soup again.

Finally got to keep some food down just a bit ago. Yesterday, I couldn't even drink water.
                  Unless you know for certain that it was the soup I'm willing to put money on it being a 12 hour stomach flu that's been going around the area. My daughter got it this past Wednesday, I had it Thursday, my son had it yesterday, and my wife got it last night. It's nasty and does some bad things to the stomach. I thought it might just be in the Southwest Metro but at the school my wife teaches at in New Brighton they had some students come down with it too. I wouldn't even wish that on a Gopher fan, on second thought......naw, it's pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                    Unless you know for certain that it was the soup I'm willing to put money on it being a 12 hour stomach flu that's been going around the area. My kids daycare had it last week. My daughter got it this past Wednesday, I had it Thursday, my son had it yesterday, and my wife got it last night. It's nasty and does some bad things to the stomach. I thought it might just be in the Southwest Metro but at the school my wife teaches at in New Brighton they had some students come down with it too. I wouldn't even wish that on a Gopher fan, on second thought......naw, it's pretty bad.
                    I was completely fine until a little while after I had the soup. Then it was death. I mean, this was a complete 180, no hints of anything beforehand.

Comment

I was completely fine until a little while after I had the soup. Then it was death. I mean, this was a complete 180, no hints of anything beforehand.
                      Food poisoning takes, on average, 8 hours to set in. So if you ate something bad at 10AM, you'll feel it somewhere around 6PM. If you ate that soup in the afternoon or evening and it had been the problem, you wouldn't have felt it until late into the night.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

That actually sounds exactly like what went through our house. Runs you over like a truck out of nowhere and doesn't let up for 8-12 hours. If the rest of the family wouldn't have gotten it my wife would've attributed hers to Chipotle.

Hockey content: St. Cloud plays with a more consistent, 60 min effort tonight and gets the sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by motox View Post
                          Hockey content: St. Cloud plays with a more consistent, 60 min effort tonight and gets the sweep.
                          St. Cloud plays with the same lackluster performance... but its MTU, so they get the sweep anyway.
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            Food poisoning takes, on average, 8 hours to set in. So if you ate something bad at 10AM, you'll feel it somewhere around 6PM. If you ate that soup in the afternoon or evening and it had been the problem, you wouldn't have felt it until late into the night.
                            It can set in as fast as 3 hours also though
                            Originally posted by Mankato student
                            Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
                            "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
                            -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
                              It can set in as fast as 3 hours also though
                              That sounds about right as to what happened yesterday. Started about then, and the worst of it was about 5-6 hours after I ate. My metabolism is superhigh, too, so I'm sure that helped speed it up.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                but its MTU, so they get the sweep anyway.
                                This

Comment

Working...
                                X