Michigan Tech-Northern Michigan...the UP's (un)Civil War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
    I counted 2 game misconducts and one game disqualification. Johnstone was wrong (disqualification), but I'm not sure Siemer's hit (misconduct) was much different. Ugly stuff.
    I was blocked out from that one when the actual hit happened, but Siemer came from at least 20 ft to deliver the blow.

When 29 repeatedly slashed the Tech player in the back, he was sent off, but only because there was less than 2:00 left in the game. There was no misconduct given.

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech-Northern Michigan...the UP's (un)Civil War

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
      I was blocked out from that one when the actual hit happened, but Siemer came from at least 20 ft to deliver the blow.

When 29 repeatedly slashed the Tech player in the back, he was sent off, but only because there was less than 2:00 left in the game. There was no misconduct given.
      Siemer didn't come that far, and Kero did spin at the last second...still a major, but not nearly as vicious as Johnstone. Diamantoni never saw him and it was dangerously close to the stanchion - it was a deserved DQ. The Urban incident where he grabbed Johnstone by the facemask was probably what had him seeing red.

But NMU was at fault for almost all the other nastiness in the late 2nd and the 3rd. Dominik Shine was like an uncaged wild animal out there, he needed to get benched. The Mitch Jones-Phillips tangle was bad too - you can clearly see on the replay that Jones has his stick poised to throw a cross check when Phillips made the first save.

I was disappointed in NMU's tactics, but I don't think I can say I was surprised. They needed to focus that intensity for the rest of the weekend on more positive play.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        Siemer didn't come that far, and Kero did spin at the last second...still a major, but not nearly as vicious as Johnstone. Diamantoni never saw him and it was dangerously close to the stanchion - it was a deserved DQ. The Urban incident where he grabbed Johnstone by the facemask was probably what had him seeing red.

But NMU was at fault for almost all the other nastiness in the late 2nd and the 3rd. Dominik Shine was like an uncaged wild animal out there, he needed to get benched. The Mitch Jones-Phillips tangle was bad too - you can clearly see on the replay that Jones has his stick poised to throw a cross check when Phillips made the first save.

I was disappointed in NMU's tactics, but I don't think I can say I was surprised. They needed to focus that intensity for the rest of the weekend on more positive play.
        They should probably rename the Lady Byng Trophy the Michigan Tech Trophy. Choir Boys one and all.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          They should probably rename the Lady Byng Trophy the Michigan Tech Trophy. Choir Boys one and all.
          psst. Johnstone actually plays for Tech.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            You're right, they should.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post

Watching the replay from a different angle, that was a really bad hit by Johnstone. It was DQ worthy. Not a good decision by David.

Comment

Working...
              X