Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Well I learned something, to be a UAA fan I must learn to accept that they will always lose and sometime "in the future" they won't.

Losing culture. As long as you people continue to accept losing, things won't change.
    Nobody accepts losing, but calling out the senior class by name and spewing the hate toward them that you did is totally crossing the line. These four seniors are part of something very special, they went to the Final Five two times. They were on the team that swept the Gophers in the playoffs at Mariucci (the only team to EVER do that). Can any other UAA players, in the history of UAA hockey, say that?

You can say all you want about the program, but getting personal and mean spirited to the guys directly is not cool.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Even if he leaves we should be solid next year. In the unlikely event he's back, we have a chance to be really, really good.
      Yeah, you are probably right. I thought Tyler Morley was graduating this season. Dang. Jones was out with a season ending injury, right? Was it his knee? What's up with him?
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        Yeah, you are probably right. I thought Tyler Morley was graduating this season. Dang. Jones was out with a season ending injury, right? Was it his knee? What's up with him?
        T. Morley and Parayko were both juniors this year. I never heard exactly what happened with Jones' injury...he was real hot and cold this year, but probably our #1 next year with Cahill graduating.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          This one was the best of the last six. Parayko tackling Cahill at the end was the best part of the night. After all the crap this athletic program has gone through since last fall it was cathartic to get something to hang our hats on...I've never seen our players or fans get as emotional over winning that trophy as they did last night.
          That was awesome. It's one thing to have the fans cheering in the background. But hearing the players chanting "We Got The Cup" was pretty sweet. It was clear they wanted they wanted the cup badly.

Comment

Good grief JJ, ya think this is a little over the top? I hope these guys know that other UAA fans do not feel this way.
            Thank you Suze.
            I'm a 180 degrees from his opinion.
            Just consider that everyone has one. An opinion.
            JJ, you come across as a real jerk!
            Go watch the Aces, those guys trying to avoid growing up and getting a real job.
            Leave the real players to us fans that don't turn turtle.
            I don't need you and the players most certainly don't.
            Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 03-09-2015, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Nobody accepts losing, but calling out the senior class by name and spewing the hate toward them that you did is totally crossing the line. These four seniors are part of something very special, they went to the Final Five two times. They were on the team that swept the Gophers in the playoffs at Mariucci (the only team to EVER do that). Can any other UAA players, in the history of UAA hockey, say that?

You can say all you want about the program, but getting personal and mean spirited to the guys directly is not cool.
              Actually that senior class didn't go to the F5 twice, that would be last year's class. Remember, that was Kamal's freshman year. This class didn't do anything special, this season illustrated that. Take away Matt Bailey and look at what became of Allen and Cameron: ineffective turnover machines incapable of creating any significant offensive prescence and gutless leadership.

Look at these posts by these UAF fans celebrating this weekend ON OUR HOME ICE IN OUR ARENA. That is humiliating and embarrassing for this program, something that should NEVER be allowed to happen. And the fault of it lies squarely on the leadership of the UAA team: the senior class. To play flat, slow, and uninspired against our rivals is simply unforgivable. The team was capable of better.

And yet, in the midst of one of the lowest moments in program history, all you can muster is an "oh well", meek talk of arena and practice rink improvements, and factually incorrect defenses of the players responsible for said moment. You know who else had a bad season? Wisconsin. Do you know what the difference between us and them is? The first thing they discuss is to how to never have a season like that again. The first thing that many at UAA say? Oh well. Losing culture. When will enough be enough? When we will stand up and say "I am tired of this. This is unacceptable. No more excuses, this cannot happen again!"
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I am tired of this. This is unacceptable. No more excuses, this cannot happen again!"
                Glad to see you've had enough.
                You've said it over and over. Repeated yourself ad infinitive.
                Adios see ya later
                Don't need your kind here.
                Have fun and hope you get a life wherever you end up as long as it's not here.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                  Thank you Suze.
                  I'm a 180 degrees from his opinion.
                  Just consider that everyone has one. An opinion.
                  JJ, you come across as a real jerk!
                  Go watch the Aces, those guys trying to avoid growing up and getting a real job.
                  Leave the real players to us fans that don't turn turtle.
                  I don't need you and the players most certainly don't.
                  Wrong, I have passion and I actually care. I respect players that work hard every game, a fundamental aspect of this program that was missing this season. I'm certainly not "turning turtle." Forgive me for believing the program is capable of achieving more and expecting that.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    Glad to see you've had enough.
                    You've said it over and over. Repeated yourself ad infinitive.
                    Adios see ya later
                    Don't need your kind here.
                    Have fun and hope you get a life wherever you end up as long as it's not here.
                    Sorry sparkles, I'm not going anywhere. I've been watching this program since I was born.

It's the folks like you who are comfortable enough to watch this program lose year after year that need to hit the bricks.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

Sorry sparkles, I'm not going anywhere. I've been watching this program since I was born.

It's the folks like you who are comfortable enough to watch this program lose year after year that need to hit the bricks.
                      You're really "special".
                      At least in your mind.
                      Go get a life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                        You're really "special".
                        At least in your mind.
                        Go get a life.
                        You're response is merely confirmation of my point. You folks would rather sit around talking about what could happen and wishing folks like myself would go away because I disturb that comfort.

Except I won't. And all you can muster is a "get a life."
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          You're response is merely confirmation of my point. You folks would rather sit around talking about what could happen and wishing folks like myself would go away because I disturb that comfort.

Except I won't. And all you can muster is a "get a life."
                          Somebody has diaper rash....run to mommy,she can fix it. Or
                          write a check for 80 million for a new rink on campus. ball in your court.
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            Somebody has diaper rash....run to mommy,she can fix it. Or
                            write a check for 80 million for a new rink on campus. ball in your court.
                            A new rink isn't going to fix the problems.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

A new rink isn't going to fix the problems.
                              Facilities are extremely important to recruiting JJ, and getting solid recruits is the key to success. Just look at how attendance has been boosted for basketball since the AAC was built. UAA isn't getting a new arena, but they are getting a nicely updated arena and upgrades to their practice facilities that rival what the new AAC arena has. It will be a huge boost.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I do not condone calling players out etc, because it is a TEAM thing, however, I think JJ has a point. When will enough be enough? I do agree with Suze about the arena upgrades. We need pride in our program, and I believe, (like I said all a long), facilities matter. I have always said that once the AAC was built, we will see a rise in attendance. And if what we read about the new seats, paint, glass, ice at the Sully installed as well as the new practice facility at the Farg this year, we should see much more pride in our program. I do agree with Suze that negativity will not get us anywhere. However, I share JJ frustration in that we were much better this year than we showed. Just look at the beating we showed BG on Saturday with a 6-1 blowout! UAA fans are tired of loosing.

So what do we do? I have faith in Matt Thomas that he will turn this program around. Suze knows me and we have had our disagreements, (still love her though :-) but, we need to stay positive on this like she says JJ. Like I said I share in your frustration. Let's focus on supporting our team. I know you do. They need us more than ever.

Comment

Working...
                                X