X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UA_ @ ACC...continued

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Dear UAA Hockey Team except Olivier Mantha,

I have never been more ashamed to be a UAA fan than right now. That was pathetic. That was gutless. That was lazy, lackadaisical, p* poor, STUPID hockey. You are a shame. You are a black mark upon this program and this University.

To Scott Allen, Brett Cameron, Derek Docken, and Austin Coldwell: Good riddance. You're leading example of p* poor hockey all season has earned nothing but shame and derision. You have turned this program into a joke. I hope you never come back.

This has been the perfect ending to the worst season of UAA Hockey. At this point, I hope the program gets cut. It deserves nothing more.
    Good grief JJ, ya think this is a little over the top? I hope these guys know that other UAA fans do not feel this way.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Good grief JJ, ya think this is a little over the top? I hope these guys know that other UAA fans do not feel this way.
      This is not over the top. And the fact that people like you don't feel this way is problem number one with the program.

What happened tonight was unforgivable. They blew a two game lead in the series by playing the worst, most uninspired hockey of the worst, most uninspired season. To Fairbanks. Our rival. I am so ashamed of being a UAA fan right now. Ashamed! Last place. Lost the Governor's Cup ON HOME ICE FOR THE SIXTH STRAIGHT *ING YEAR! And all you can say is "oh well"?!? This is unacceptable!
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
        Three in a row!!!!!!!!!
        Fixed your post. Cheaters never prosper.
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

This is not over the top. And the fact that people like you don't feel this way is problem number one with the program.

What happened tonight was unforgivable. They blew a two game lead in the series by playing the worst, most uninspired hockey of the worst, most uninspired season. To Fairbanks. Our rival. I am so ashamed of being a UAA fan right now. Ashamed! Last place. Lost the Governor's Cup ON HOME ICE FOR THE SIXTH STRAIGHT *ING YEAR! And all you can say is "oh well"?!? This is unacceptable!
          You need to take a chill pill. It's a game JJ. Believe me, we had some pretty tragic things happen in our family over the past year, it puts things in perspective. Look what Thomas did in his first season. No other coach at UAA has accomplished that. He will turn things around. You don't help anything with your negativity. I would hate to be an incoming recruit and read what you just wrote.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
            You need to take a chill pill. It's a game JJ. Believe me, we had some pretty tragic things happen in our family over the past year, it puts things in perspective. Look what Thomas did in his first season. No other coach at UAA has accomplished that. He will turn things around. You don't help anything with your negativity. I would hate to be an incoming recruit and read what you just wrote.
            I hope an incoming recruit reads my posts. I hope current players read them. Because a little anger over the direction of the program is what is needed. No more accepting of this losing culture. They can be better. They can win. We should expect better than this.
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Meh, fitting end for this year, I like our freshman, I'm interested to see what they bring in next year. For the umpteenth year in a row our team speed grade is D-.
              You can't teach speed, sorry folks, Fairbanks gets it, we don't seem to yet.
              Good series Nanooks, some day we'll cash in on the power play.
              JJ don't call out players by name, no one came out tonight to lose. Build your team coach, good luck next season.
              Seniors thanks for the 4 years!
              Last edited by Hal9K; 03-08-2015, 04:56 AM.
              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                Meh, fitting end for this year, I like our freshman, I'm interested to see what they bring in next year. For the umpteenth year in a row our team speed grade is D-.
                You can't teach speed, sorry folks, Fairbanks gets it, we don't seem to yet.
                Good series Nanooks, some day we'll cash in on the power play.
                JJ don't call out players by name, no one came out tonight to lose. Build your team coach, good luck next season.
                Seniors thanks for the 4 years!
                Yes, thank you to the seniors, you guys were part of something very special last year with the first winning season ... going to the Final Five and almost beating Ferris State, taking the game to overtime. It's a season I will never forget, and there will be more like it down the road.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Dear UAA Hockey Team except Olivier Mantha,

I have never been more ashamed to be a UAA fan than right now. [juvenile, hateful drivel deleted]...I hope the program gets cut. It deserves nothing more.
                  All I can do is shake my head and re-post what I posted last year to a similar disgusting tirade by this "fan" (you are not a fan, you are a lost soul with waaay too much ego tied up in a college hockey team). Evidently it seems to be a pattern with this guy.

[from last year's reply to a similar post]:

"Oh stop it, you're just embarrassing yourself and completely tipping this thread's asshat factor in favor of Anchorage - and that's takes a lot because as far as I can see, most Anchorage fans - and Fairbanks fans too - actually like to talk about the game in addition to juvenile trash talk.

Regardless of how much ego and self esteem you have riding on this college hockey team, It really means nothing to the quality of your university or your town. And these are just college kids, non-elite caliber, many/most of whom are just playing D-I hockey as the pinnacle of their careers. They love the game and are probably playing as well as they can (over all, that is, everyone has a bad game).

... Last night they ran into a very good team, a team that right now seems to be playing at the top of their game and whose run puts them among the better teams in the country at this particular point in the season.

No shame at getting spanked by a better team that happens to be on a terrific roll at this point in time. I think UAA had some flashes of this themselves too a couple times this year."

To UAA players - ignore this guy. Have fun playing college hockey and good luck in whatever your life brings you.

Comment

Well...adios Anchorage...getting ready to board and head home after an awesome weekend with no voice left and a bit of a celebration hangover! Thank you Nanooks for giving us your all!

Who got the cup?!

Comment

I have never been more ashamed to be a UAA fan than right now.
                      Time for you to take up curling, or move to _airbanks.
                      Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 03-08-2015, 05:21 PM.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        Time for you to take up curling, or move to _airbanks.
                        Well I learned something, to be a UAA fan I must learn to accept that they will always lose and sometime "in the future" they won't.

Losing culture. As long as you people continue to accept losing, things won't change.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Well I learned something, to be a UAA fan I must learn to accept that they will always lose and sometime "in the future" they won't.

Losing culture. As long as you people continue to accept losing, things won't change.
                          While you can be blunt, you show passion for sure. If only there were more fans like you, the dude who hung the "dead" stuffed polar bear, and the dude who almost got into a fight with a middle aged UA_ fan (he was wearing a plain blue shirt). While the actions performed by you guys aren't always the best reflection of UAA and our fanbase, you guys show the passion of wanting to finally have a winning program we could all be proud of.

We fans can't do all that much, but in the ways we can you guys make waves. This was a long, rough season. We should not be fighting among ourselves, we all want our team to succeed. We must persevere.

Another season, another loss to our rivals. We've been through this before. There's always next season eh.
                          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

This one was the best of the last six. Parayko tackling Cahill at the end was the best part of the night. After all the crap this athletic program has gone through since last fall it was cathartic to get something to hang our hats on...I've never seen our players or fans get as emotional over winning that trophy as they did last night.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              This one was the best of the last six. Parayko tackling Cahill at the end was the best part of the night. After all the crap this athletic program has gone through since last fall it was cathartic to get something to hang our hats on...I've never seen our players or fans get as emotional over winning that trophy as they did last night.
                              I have never seen Parayko show that much emotion during a game. He's always so calm usually regardless if the game is going good or bad. I REALLY hope he sticks around...he's probably the best captain they've ever had to lead this team and would love to see him take the team to a better finish next year!

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                                I have never seen Parayko show that much emotion during a game. He's always so calm usually regardless if the game is going good or bad. I REALLY hope he sticks around...he's probably the best captain they've ever had to lead this team and would love to see him take the team to a better finish next year!
                                Even if he leaves we should be solid next year. In the unlikely event he's back, we have a chance to be really, really good.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X