Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gopher Season Thread: 2014-15 (Continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2D
    replied
    Re: Minnesota Gopher Season Thread: 2014-15 (Continued)

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    The next opponent doesn't matter. We will win.
    Amazing how the mood in this forum has gone from utter despair to uber-confidence in a couple of weeks! Now I really am worried.

Edit: And Pam Oliver ain't exactly young. Neither is the Queen of Female Journalism, Michelle Tafoya.
    Yes but what do they have to do with Gopher hockey? I was thinking more along the lines of the Fox Sports North Girls, but I doubt we'll be seeing much of them this weekend either.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Thanks. Answered 2 questions, but missed most important; when? (Must have been too distracted, thinking about Jaimie still, or maybe bacon?)
    I saw, but don't recall, and too lazy to look up. I'm three-tabbing right now for interwebs.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Prob won't be televised. They play WI.
    Thanks. Answered 2 questions, but missed most important; when? (Must have been too distracted, thinking about Jaimie still, or maybe bacon?)

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Since we are on the topic of young women, when does the women's team play and does anyone know if it will be televised? And who do they play next? And they have been number 2 in the Pohl's for a while, so how did they end up the number 1 seed?
    Prob won't be televised. They play WI.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Since we are on the topic of young women, when does the women's team play and does anyone know if it will be televised? And who do they play next? And they have been number 2 in the Pohl's for a while, so how did they end up the number 1 seed?

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by The Mole View Post
    Why is gender a factor?
    It shouldn't be, but the fact of the matter is, many channels choose to hire a hot air-head to be on tv. It's sad. This is why I try and openly promote good female journalists. They deserve it for their work. People like Suzy Kolber? Good God, horrible. HORRIBLE.

Leave a comment:

• The Mole
    replied

Why is gender a factor?

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Apparently you find the ranking of young girls to be more interesting than the Gophers' next opponent.
    The next opponent doesn't matter. We will win.

Edit: And Pam Oliver ain't exactly young. Neither is the Queen of Female Journalism, Michelle Tafoya.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Wasn't really accusing you of being anything more than a male. (Not sure who Pam Oliver is.)
    Not sure who....I mean.....what the....wow. Ok. (genuinely shocked)

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...er5n-3-web.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

I don't find Pam Oliver to be attractive, and she's one of the best in the business.
    Wasn't really accusing you of being anything more than a male. (Not sure who Pam Oliver is.)

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Don't care. NEXT.
    Apparently you find the ranking of young girls to be more interesting than the Gophers' next opponent.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

So nice of you to stand up for the attractive women.
    I don't find Pam Oliver to be attractive, and she's one of the best in the business.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Well, figured I'd chime in on women reporters. Most of them are terrible, but the good ones need to be recognized.
    So nice of you to stand up for the attractive women.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Does anyone have a preference on who we play Friday? Given the results of this past weekend I would say Penn State, but having to beat the same team three times in one week may not be the ideal situation. I fully realize the Gophers have no say in the matter, will have to prevail over whichever team it is, and publicly would say they don't care who it is...just wondering which opponent you think the Gophers would really prefer to be matched up against.
    Don't care. NEXT.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Does anyone have a preference on who we play Friday? Given the results of this past weekend I would say Penn State, but having to beat the same team three times in one week may not be the ideal situation. I fully realize the Gophers have no say in the matter, will have to prevail over whichever team it is, and publicly would say they don't care who it is...just wondering which opponent you think the Gophers would really prefer to be matched up against.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X