Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gopher Season Thread: 2014-15 (Continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher Season Thread: 2014-15 (Continued)

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
    Congrats on getting Auston Matthews to sign with the Gofs. I figured he was a lock to play juniors.
    Hmmm, I just remembered what day it is. But not before I used the google.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      Can I ask where you saw that?
      It's not true.

Just some whioux fan trying to fish.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Hmmm, I just remembered what day it is. But not before I used the google.
        I figured it was a Whioux fan with an April 1st line in the water, but figured I'd ask anyway.

Comment

And Rau is the second:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/297932261.html

Thanks, Kyle, for all you've given to Gopher hockey!
          Kyle Rau's last season was his best as a Gopher. It was nice to see him fiinally hitting the 20 goal mark that had eluded him his previous three years, but still ended up with exactly his average in pts/season with 41. A model of consistency. I thought the Michigan win where Rau scored a hat trick sparked his best scoring run ever as a Gopher closing the season 11-5-16 in 12 games. Rau's best game: Gopher/Michigan Highlight.

Comment

Skjei bye bye to Brady...

Comment

I'm sure M Reilly and Wilcox will be right behind him in leaving after their jr year.

Our sr class next year will be pretty bare.

Comment

• Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                I figured it was a Whioux fan with an April 1st line in the water, but figured I'd ask anyway.
                Can't fool you Goldy.
                License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                  I'm sure M Reilly and Wilcox will be right behind him in leaving after their jr year.
                  Wilcox signs: http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...298405141.html
                  Reilly to be announced.

Comment

Wilcox signs: http://www.startribune.com/sports/go...298405141.html
                    Reilly to be announced.
                    Yup. There goes the neighborhood.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                      Yup. There goes the neighborhood.
                      Let's be honest... it wasn't exactly the Hamptons to begin with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
                        Can't fool you Goldy.
                        Actually I'm pretty gullible. I even checked a couple places to see if it was real. Didn't get too excited though, it's not like he's Parise or anything.

Comment

What are the odds Fasching returns? Assuming Reilly goes who else besides Fasching might still possibly leave?

Comment

Subscribed because there's no offseason thread.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What are the odds Fasching returns?
                              Anyone hearing anything?

Comment

I bet Fasching stays.

I even think there is a slight chance Reilly stays. a couple on GPL seem to have the attitude of 'fine if they all leave' as if Gophs would be better off. Not me. I would take Reilly back in a second. Others state he would be stupid to stay, doesn't have anything to gain. Leopold didn't have a lot to gain development-wise (granted, he had a team with tons of talent to return to) and it didn't hurt him. There are two areas Reilly can improve the most: D positioning and strength. The college game is suited for both. Yeah, he will need to adjust positioning to the speed of the pros eventually, but there is more time to work on teaching and a lot more time to build your body in a college season with less games.

I know of a few past players saying the fun of playing with friends (and family in Mike's case) is worth delaying pros and highly recommend it. And it is not like 15 years ago, when some knee injuries meant the end of a career. Very few career-enders other than multiple concussions in this age of sports medicine. There is a limit on what a team can offer anyway, and he will get the rookie max either year.

Of course there is the article by a Blue Jackets writer that surmises there is no doubt he will leave this year, but the writer postulates he is waiting to be a free agent, maybe so he can play for the Wild. Free Agency seems like the likely route he will go this year. One GPL poster suggested he should get whatever Columbus is offering while he can. Don't think that poster realizes how good Reilly is. He is already a better skater and stickhandler than many NHL D-men, and as he adjusts to the speed, grows in size a little, his vision of the play will also likely exceed many NHL D. His Skating, speed, stickhandling and vision are commodities you don't often find in one package, and he will add weight and learn better positioning in time. I think he is in the driver's seat for his future. A struggling team is a great place for a guy who needs a break or two to make the NHL, but when you have Reilly's talent, you can hold out for a team that shows potential for the foreseeable future.

So Mike, if you are listening, come back and win the Hobey playing with your brothers, then sign with the Wild so we can watch you quarterback the PP to a better percentage than this year in a few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X