Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gopher Season Thread: 2014-15 (Continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gopher Season Thread: 2014-15 (Continued)

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Sorry about the downer Monday
    All I want to know is did you write this before or after your morning meds? I'm guessing before, unless you switched medications.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
      All I want to know is did you write this before or after your morning meds? I'm guessing before, unless you switched medications.
      No meds needed with this team, which by itself has been like alternating between uppers and downers. Hoping for two uppers this weekend.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        No meds needed with this team, which by itself has been like alternating between uppers and downers. Hoping for two uppers this weekend.
        If the Gophers have their eyes on the prize, and play their game...they'll be fine. The best advice is: Be water, my friend.

Comment

So I am curious what people think. What would be more exciting, if this team that has underperformed for much of the year barely creeps into the NCAA and then goes on to surprise us all and win it all in close games, or if they had a few losses all season, walked away with both both B1G titles, were ranked #1 all year and marched through the NCAA tourney and won? Or which would be looked back on more fondly in say 5 years?

Not saying I am expecting an NC by any means. Just wondering if they were to win it, if the struggles this season would maybe make it more sweet?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
            So I am curious what people think. What would be more exciting, if this team that has underperformed for much of the year barely creeps into the NCAA and then goes on to surprise us all and win it all in close games, or if they had a few losses all season, walked away with both both B1G titles, were ranked #1 all year and marched through the NCAA tourney and won? Or which would be looked back on more fondly in say 5 years?

Not saying I am expecting an NC by any means. Just wondering if they were to win it, if the struggles this season would maybe make it more sweet?
            I wouldn't give a crap. They'd have another title.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Winning it all is maximum sweetness for any team no matter what they do during the season.

Comment

The only way I'd care differently, is if the Gophers went undefeated and won the title. Maybe one loss. Other than that? Meh. They won the title. All that matters.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think that when going into the Tournament nobody expects your team to win, but they somehow pull it off (i.e. Union last year) it "means more" than winning it if you're one of the favorites. The very best example of this, of course, is the 1980 Miracle on Ice. That said, it's now been more than a decade since the Gophers won their last championship, so just win one no matter what - soon.

Comment

Not that I enjoy discussing the hypothesis as it appears we're on the opposite end of that equation, but...

I'd rather have them rock through the whole season and win. That way you enjoy every game. Otherwise you go through the whole season half blowing it off...and then wish you'd have paid more attention after it was over.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                      I think that when going into the Tournament nobody expects your team to win, but they somehow pull it off (i.e. Union last year) it "means more" than winning it if you're one of the favorites. The very best example of this, of course, is the 1980 Miracle on Ice. That said, it's now been more than a decade since the Gophers won their last championship, so just win one no matter what - soon.
                      And this is what I am getting at. We no longer expect them to win. Not that in either situation are you not ecstatic they won it all, just when you are expecting it, a lot of the feeling is just relief something didn't go wrong and you feel the team got what they deserved. In the other, you can't believe they actually did it. But maybe having a stretch without winning is just as important. 2002 was much sweeter that 2003 for me. Partly, it was being there. But even thought I felt like they had a team to win it all from near the end of the previous season, I had seen enough things go wrong in past decades to know there were no guarantees. But in 2003, it just felt like it was theirs to lose and felt more like a confirmation of what I already knew.

Comment

I guess I don't really care how they do it as long as they get in.

This is the kind of team that IF they got in could potentially roll just about any team they play. They could also roll over for just about any team they play. I'll just say this: playoff hockey >>>>>> no playoff hockey. You're on your own from there.
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Jason Gonzalez confirming Connor Reilly's surgery, and explanation of how seeding works for the B1G conference tournament:

http://www.startribune.com/sports/bl...ml#commentHere

Comment

Unfortunately the B1G regular season tiebreaker doesn't go to the team with the most ties.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Condolences on Reilly. Hope he comes out of this the same player.

I hope the gophs play well enough in the next two weeks to get into the game. Most of us Sioux fans never pass up a chance to wish ill on the Gophers, but that does not include injuries, and . . . well, it's just meant for these two teams to meet each other somewhere along the line. Fargo would be about as fun as any I can think of.

Thinking .05 the other way this time.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Condolences on Reilly. Hope he comes out of this the same player.

I hope the gophs play well enough in the next two weeks to get into the game. Most of us Sioux fans never pass up a chance to wish ill on the Gophers, but that does not include injuries, and . . . well, it's just meant for these two teams to meet each other somewhere along the line. Fargo would be about as fun as any I can think of.

Thinking .05 the other way this time.
                                If we make the tourney, the committee will put us in GF. I think most fans (and probably the players) would salivate at having a chance to play UND.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X