Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minnesota Gopher Season Thread: 2014-15 (Continued)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Gopher Season Thread: 2014-15 (Continued)

My compliments and thanks to HarleyMC and 5mnMajor for their excellent pre-tourney analyses. Can't wait 'til Friday!

Go Gophers!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Originally posted by D2D View Post
      My compliments and thanks to HarleyMC and 5mnMajor for their excellent pre-tourney analyses. Can't wait 'til Friday!

Go Gophers!
      Agreed. Thanks fellas!
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Crap. Season's over.
        Wait, people are picking someone other than us? Why would they do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
          Wait, people are picking someone other than us? Why would they do that?

But a dumbarse like UMich picking us? We're in trouble.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

But a dumbarse like UMich picking us? We're in trouble.
            At the beginning of the season, 90+% of all college hockey had the same prediction. Risky comment...if we win it, you become the dumbarse.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
              At the beginning of the season, 90+% of all college hockey had the same prediction. Risky comment...if we win it, you become the dumbarse.
              I think we are gonna win it. If we are in the title game, I'm 99% certain I'll be heading to the airport that morning for a "day trip" to Boston.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I think we are gonna win it. If we are in the title game, I'm 99% certain I'll be heading to the airport that morning for a "day trip" to Boston.
                You think we're gonna win it, but then the "if". If you think we're gonna win it...why not book that ticket now?

Comment

It doesn't matter if Minnesota wins or not (although I think you do), Brent is always a dumbarse...
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

You think we're gonna win it, but then the "if". If you think we're gonna win it...why not book that ticket now?
                    I'm a gambler. I am heavy on ROI, risk/reward, etc. And I am biased in my guess.

Comment

If a scalper offered me a seat for the title game, say at $75. I'd offer $50. He'd balk. I'd say, I'll pay you $50 now, and then I'd then offer that if MN won said title game, I'd meet him at the same spot after the game, and give him $50 more. MN loses? He sold the ticket at $50. Done deal. And I'd keep that deal.

Comment

I'm a gambler. I am heavy on ROI, risk/reward, etc. And I am biased in my guess.
                        Risk is always biased...if you're not a little hesitant you're not doin' it right. A true gambler follows that risk with $$$. If not, it's not a risk...it's an idea.

Comment

Risk is always biased...if you're not a little hesitant you're not doin' it right. A true gambler follows that risk with $$$. If not, it's not a risk...it's an idea.
                          If you are hesitant, you ARE doing it right. Never bet a fool's bet. If MN makes it to Boston, my chances and possible investment take an uptick.

Comment

If you are hesitant, you ARE doing it right. Never bet a fool's bet. If MN makes it to Boston, my chances and possible investment take an uptick.
                            Same thing as a double negative. "If"? Oh...so you're NOT sure we'll make it to Boston and win it?

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Although we've had issues with UMD, that school doesn't seem the same as when they outplayed us in the fall and we're not the same as when we struggled even more than they did at the NSCC.

In short, the path is there.
                              That seems to be how Lucia sees it as well. EDIT: BTW, excellent recap Major...thanks for that.

"They're a really good team and (the previous matchups) were all close games," Lucia said. "Ever since that time, we've been playing better. I think that was the low moment in the season." The Gophers' transformation, Lucia said, comes down to the team's goalie. "Adam Wilcox has found a rhythm, and we all know how important goaltending is that this time of year," Lucia said. "I think we're in a good state now and I prefer it to be that way. We've had some years where we lost a few at the end and we had no momentum. We had to win some games to get here and we're playing well; hopefully, that carries into this weekend."
                              Last edited by HarleyMC; 03-25-2015, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Here are the "Bet the Board" odds for this weekend's regional semi-finals:

Regional Semis................................Spread...............Money Line..............Total Points

Yale vs Boston University - First Round - Verizon Wireless Arena - Manchester, NH - ESPNU

Fri 3/27 101 Yale..............................+1½ -190................+160........................o4½ -160
                                2:00PM 102 Boston University.............-1½ +150................-210........................u4½ +120

St. Cloud State vs Michigan Tech - First Round - Scheels Arena - Fargo, ND - ESPN3

Fri 3/27 103 St. Cloud State...............+1½ -320................+100........................o5½ +130
                                4:30PM 104 Michigan Tech.................-1½ +240................-140........................u5½ -170

Minnesota vs Minnesota Duluth - First Round - Verizon Wireless Arena - Manchester, NH - ESPNU

Fri 3/27 105 Minnesota......................-1½ +190.................-150........................o5½ -120
                                5:30PM 106 Minnesota Duluth ............+1½ -270.................+110........................u5½ -120

Quinnipiac vs North Dakota - First Round - Scheels Arena - Fargo, ND - ESPNU

Fri 3/27 107 Quinnipiac......................+1½ -230................+140.........................o4½-155
                                8:00PM 108 North Dakota..................-1½ +170................-180.........................u4½+115

Boston College vs Denver - First Round - Dunkin Donuts Center - Providence, RI - ESPN2

Sat 3/28 109 Boston College...............+1½ -260...............+110.........................o5½ +110
                                3:00PM 110 Denver...........................-1½ +180...............-150.........................u5½ -150

Rochester Institute vs Minnesota St. Mankato - First Round - Compton Family Ice Arena - South Bend, IN - ESPNU

Sat 3/28 111 Rochester Institute........+2½ +100...............+800.........................o5½ -150
                                4:00PM 112 Minnesota State ............-2½ -140...............-1700.........................u5½ +110

Providence vs Miami Ohio - First Round - Dunkin Donuts Center - Providence, RI - ESPNU

Sat 3/28 113 Providence...................+1½ -230...............+135...........................o4½ -125
                                6:30PM 114 Miami Ohio ....................-1½ +170...............-175...........................u4½ -115

Harvard vs Omaha - First Round - Compton Family Ice Arena - South Bend, IN - ESPN3

Sat 3/28 115 Harvard.......................-1½ +240...............-120...........................o5½ -115
                                7:30PM 116 Omaha..........................+1½ -320...............-120...........................u5½ -125

POINT SPREAD

If the number is positive (+), then you add the points to your team's score. If the number is negative (-), then subtract those points from your team's score. The side with the higher score after the points are applied is the winner. Same payoff structure as Money Line (+ or -).

MONEY LINE

UM ("-" = Favorite) vs. UMD: minimum $100 bet on UMD win, Money Line pays $110; minimum $150 bet on Gopher win, Money Line pays $100

TOTAL POINTS

When you bet on totals, you are betting on whether the total points scored in the game will be higher (over) or lower (under) than the posted total. Over/under for UMD vs UM is even at 5.5 pts.: $120 pays $100.

Comment

Working...
                                X