Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I must ask, what gives you this impression? What specifically did they do that makes you think "best that we have seen in quite a while"? Or is it blind optimism?
    I'm not authorized to speak for Suze but my thinking is a question back to you: when have you seen a Seawolf freshman class come in and play the minutes these guys played?
    And we are talking major minutes in all situations. Full strength, PP, PK, 4 on 4, 5 on 3, 3 on 5, whatever.
    You're come across to me as unhappy with this class's play so I ask you to compare their numbers (minutes played, situations played, goals scored, etc.) with any previous freshman class we've had.
    I'm loving these guys and thinking they are a positive force in our Seawolf future!

Edit: and I'm not making any excuses for them because I do NOT think any excuses are needed.
    It's a GREAT day to be a Seawolf!
    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 03-10-2015, 10:18 PM.

Comment

While we toot our Freshman players horn let's not forget our Sophomores & Juniors who will be Juniors & Seniors.
      These guys are going to be our leaders going forward and a great bunch of guys they are.
      Noted them in a previous post so let's go Seawolves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        I'm not authorized to speak for Suze but my thinking is a question back to you: when have you seen a Seawolf freshman class come in and play the minutes these guys played?
        And we are talking major minutes in all situations. Full strength, PP, PK, 4 on 4, 5 on 3, 3 on 5, whatever.
        You're come across to me as unhappy with this class's play so I ask you to compare their numbers (minutes played, situations played, goals scored, etc.) with any previous freshman class we've had.
        I'm loving these guys and thinking they are a positive force in our Seawolf future!

Edit: and I'm not making any excuses for them because I do NOT think any excuses are needed.
        What did they do that stood out? They played minutes sure, they got points sure. Their numbers were about average to below average, Tad Kozun 15 pts compared to 20 pts by Matt Bailey, 24 by Jordan Kwas both against significantly tougher teams, a team that worked their * off too. None of them took over a game. None of them showed an ability to lead the team when things got tough. PK numbers were bad (80%), PP was bad (14%), defense was bad (107 GA), blow out games, flat out quiting in games. By what metric were they impressive? What makes them impressive?
        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Blah, blah, blah, negative, negative negative.
          Negative Nellie.
          No longer interested in anything the negative Nellies want to spew.
          Bye

Comment

Blah, blah, blah, negative, negative negative.
            Negative Nellie.
            No longer interested in anything the negative Nellies want to spew.
            Bye
            I answered the question you asked sparkles. Just because I don't adhere to your sunshine pumping view doesn't make me wrong. Reality is this last season was pretty negative. So if you're not interested in anything negative, you're not interested in reality.

Now one of you answer the question: what makes them impressive?
            I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I answered the question you asked sparkles. Just because I don't adhere to your sunshine pumping view doesn't make me wrong. Reality is this last season was pretty negative. So if you're not interested in anything negative, you're not interested in reality.

Now one of you answer the question: what makes them impressive?
              Skipping the personal bs (sparkles or whatever other childish thing you come up with) no one else seems to share your negativity on this thread.
              It appears from your posts you feel it's your personal mission to tear the Seawolf program down.
              Everyone else on this thread sees something positive in the Seawolves future.
              It will be very interesting to see how you fit in and how you respond when Coach Thomas and the team have the success they are headed for.
              Wonder how you'll get over the bridges you appear so intent on burning?
              When the ship turns I wonder if Coach and the players will be welcoming you with open arms and wanting to embrace you?
              I'm pretty sure I know what people will be thinking when we see you cheering and smiling when the Seawolves win.
              I'm not a mind reader, however I think we can anticipate what your response to this post will be.
              I hope you find the peace of mind you lack at this point.

Comment

What did they do that stood out? They played minutes sure, they got points sure. Their numbers were about average to below average, Tad Kozun 15 pts compared to 20 pts by Matt Bailey, 24 by Jordan Kwas both against significantly tougher teams, a team that worked their * off too. None of them took over a game. None of them showed an ability to lead the team when things got tough. PK numbers were bad (80%), PP was bad (14%), defense was bad (107 GA), blow out games, flat out quiting in games. By what metric were they impressive? What makes them impressive?
                I honestly don't think any of the underclassmen quit. Heck, the two goals that were scored last Saturday night were scored by freshmen. You don't consider that an ability to lead the team when they were losing?

Look at the box scores from the Bowling Green game. The freshmen and sophomores were all over the score sheet. And it's not just the fact that the freshmen were scoring, it's how many of them were contributing. It's a solid class. And I disagree with your statement that the former WCHA had "significantly tougher teams". The new WCHA is pretty darn impressive, with ranked teams. Some of those "better" teams who are now in other leagues are struggling mightily.

JJ, I ask you this. What are you trying to prove with your negativity? Do you think this is going to somehow help the program? What is the point?
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Skipping the personal bs (sparkles or whatever other childish thing you come up with) no one else seems to share your negativity on this thread.
                  The personal bs like calling me childish names (negative nellie) and telling me to leave because I don't agree with you? Sure. I'm the only one posting this stuff because, quite frankly, you and Suze are delusional.
                  It appears from your posts you feel it's your personal mission to tear the Seawolf program down.
                  No mission here. Just opinion. And I don't want it torn down, if anything I've shown I want success. But I'm also a realist, there are pRobles and they need to be fixed. Not glossed over and ignored.
                  Everyone else on this thread sees something positive in the Seawolves future.
                  As do I. Mantha is good goaltender that has potential and there are solid players. The difference is, again, I'm a realist. These are players that are solid but nothing earth shattering like you seem to think. They can contribute but they will need to work.
                  It will be very interesting to see how you fit in and how you respond when Coach Thomas and the team have the success they are headed for.
                  I'll be just the same as everyone else: happy. Will they have success? Hopefully. Will they get it as quickly as you think? Probably not. Even Thomas has talked of rebuilding, something that doesn't happen overnight like you seem to expect.

Wonder how you'll get over the bridges you appear so intent on burning?
                  If I'm burning any bridges, it's with folks like you, people I don't like being associated with. If you don't like my opinions, I don't really care.
                  When the ship turns I wonder if Coach and the players will be welcoming you with open arms and wanting to embrace you?
                  Really? LOL dude. Do you think I care if the coaches and players are willing to embrace me? You truly are delusional. Do you really truly care about what the players and coaches think of you? Because I'm gonna guess they don't.

I'm pretty sure I know what people will be thinking when we see you cheering and smiling when the Seawolves win.
                  Again, I care what those people think?

I'm not a mind reader, however I think we can anticipate what your response to this post will be.

Ok maybe you got that right...
                  I hope you find the peace of mind you lack at this point.
                  Piece of mind? I've got mind, don't worry about that.
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Exactly what was anticipated.
                    Wish the lottery numbers were that predictable.
                    Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 03-11-2015, 12:46 AM.

Comment

The Coaches radio show is held from 6 to 7 pm the night before the next home game.
                      It's at the Varsity Sports Grill in the Alaska Airlines Center.
                      Host Kurt Haider and Coach Thomas always have at least one guest so it makes for a lively and informative time.
                      It's an open mike type show.
                      Anyone who has a question or comment is welcome to participate.
                      There was a very good showing at all the shows this past season.
                      Hope we get even more fans there for the 2015/16 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        I honestly don't think any of the underclassmen quit. Heck, the two goals that were scored last Saturday night were scored by freshmen. You don't consider that an ability to lead the team when they were losing?
                        One game does not a season make. It was a good response, but one well too late after being down 3-0. That was typical of the season, they would respond but only after being down 3+ goals when the other team had dialed it back.

Look at the box scores from the Bowling Green game. The freshmen and sophomores were all over the score sheet. And it's not just the fact that the freshmen were scoring, it's how many of them were contributing. It's a solid class. And I disagree with your statement that the former WCHA had "significantly tougher teams". The new WCHA is pretty darn impressive, with ranked teams. Some of those "better" teams who are now in other leagues are struggling mightily.
                        I agree there were contributions, but not at levels you are describing. Again, I believe there is potential but to believe there is going to be a huge turnaround is foolish.

JJ, I ask you this. What are you trying to prove with your negativity? Do you think this is going to somehow help the program? What is the point?
                        Reality is what I'm trying to provide. You heaping all of these expectations and hype upon a group that realistically may not have the ability.

It is part of my argument of "losing culture." Coming off what has been a rough season, one nobody is happy with, to show positivity and blind optimism towards them is to reward bad performance. There should be an expectation toward hard work and improvement instead. To overstate ability is to instill belief that they are fine where they are. We should be expecting better, not pumping their tires.
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Exactly what was anticipated.
                          Wish the lottery numbers were that predictable.
                          So why did you ask it if you already knew the answer?

For the lulz? Insanity? Delusion? Boredom?
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

It's impossible to win with a losing attitude.

Comment

Repeating what I said? Yup, delusional.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Refer back to the above.

Comment

Working...
                                X