Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

I have a confession to make, I only went to two games this season. The exb. game against Western Ontario? and the final Governor's Cup game.

And seeing the final game against UA_ I felt that was a good decision. No confidence, no puck control, passes waaay wide or to the opposing team. I hope Mantha stays, we need him.

On the plus side, I'm sure beer sales were never better. I needed one after the first period.

Next season will be better.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Fairbanks loses 6 seniors plus Parayko will probably go pro.
      Of the six leaving, Garrick Parry was the only major stat sheet contributor. It always hurts to lose senior leadership but we should be set up nicely for next year, more so if Parayko stays.

Not that my opinion counts for squat, but from the outside looking in UAA looked suspiciously like a team that quit on its coach. You lost a lot from last season but you shouldn't have been that bad. Methinks there were some issues behind closed doors.

I love beating you but I'd rather beat you when you're good. We both need to be good...a rising tide lifts all ships.
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

A negative mind will never give you a positive result!
        It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Ignoring reality will leave you in a pile of s*.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Ignoring reality will leave you in a pile of s*.
            Refer back to my post.

Comment

Although it was a tough season, UAA has reason to be optimistic. Of the 68 goals scored this season, an astounding 23 of them were scored by freshmen, and 14 were scored by sophomores. More than half came from underclassmen. We had a very solid freshman class, something great to build on. Our goalie is going to be one of the best, and the back-up goalies are good as well.

We have some speed and some potential goal scorers coming in next season. The Sully is going to look so much better, and the gorgeous renovations at the Farg will help with recruiting. Hackett is committed to the hockey program, and things will get better. We have a solid foundation people, and I think UAA was the youngest team in the league this season.

Mankato is losing 6 seniors. Tech is losing 6 seniors, two of whom are top goal scorers. Bemidji is losing their top goal scorer. Fairbanks loses 6 seniors plus Parayko will probably go pro. Tech was in the same boat as UAA and look at how they have turned it around. Just sayin'.
              BG skated 10 freshmen this season, and one more didn't play. did UAA have more than that?
              38 goals from the freshmen and 34 from sophs. that's 72 from underclassmen out of 110 total. yowza.

no doubt ya'll have reasons to be optimistic, but it won't be because BGSU is losing firepower.
              Bowling Green St. Univ. '88 SUNY Potsdam '79

Comment

Originally posted by blackswampboy View Post
                BG skated 10 freshmen this season, and one more didn't play. did UAA have more than that?
                38 goals from the freshmen and 34 from sophs. that's 72 from underclassmen out of 110 total. yowza.

no doubt ya'll have reasons to be optimistic, but it won't be because BGSU is losing firepower.
                Nope, but they had 16 underclassmen on their roster. Wow, that is pretty impressive!
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Those guys that are going to be seniors and juniors should be capable of stepping into the leadership roles.
                  I'm very pleased with our freshman class.
                  Bring in another bunch of capable recruits and we have a very competitive team.

Comment

Those guys that are going to be seniors and juniors should be capable of stepping into the leadership roles.
                    I'm very pleased with our freshman class.
                    Bring in another bunch of capable recruits and we have a very competitive team.
                    I couldn't agree more. I am already hoping certain guys are picked as captains, there are a few who would do an excellent job, IMO.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Other than at goalie this past season we didn't have a whole lot of depth.
                      There wasn't the competition for playing time that we'd like to see.
                      Bring in another crop like this past season and we start to see some competition which leads to improvement.

Comment

I posted this on the other thread about the G cup last weekend.
                        It belongs on this one.
                        "Like I stated earlier, I really liked our freshman class. It's been a long time since we've had first year guys come in and play as well as they did. So that tells me something about our coaching and what they're trying to recruit and build."
                        If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Here's my blunt outlook for next season: I don't see it getting any better. Beyond Mantha, there's not any amount of talent that manifested itself at any point among the underclassmen. Yes there was scoring but there was not very much (barely over 2 goals a game, thats pretty bad). Certainly not anything amazing (nobody got 10 goals this season). Neither is there anything incoming that stands out.

Right now it's a team that doesn't have enough talent to win on talent alone. That isn't a bad thing though, but you need a team that's willing to work hard. Problem is, we don't have a team willing to work hard. There was a lot of quit this season, the results show that.

Could Mantha steal a game here and there? Yeah, if he doesn't have a sophomore slump. But to be thinking it's gonna be a massive turnaround next season? The chances of that are slim. We will be lucky to make the playoffs next season.
                          I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                            I posted this on the other thread about the G cup last weekend.
                            It belongs on this one.
                            "Like I stated earlier, I really liked our freshman class. It's been a long time since we've had first year guys come in and play as well as they did. So that tells me something about our coaching and what they're trying to recruit and build."
                            Agree with you Hal!
                            Couple of young D men, Brown & Johnson, who stepped up and played. Van Allen is a keeper. Sevalrud can play if his broken hand heals up. Leask is solid. Williams is as strong on the puck as anyone in the league. Matthew will push for playing time.
                            Anholt, Azurdia, Kozun are players and play makers. Watch what a year does for them.
                            Conti is a big kid with wheels who's also a player and at 18 he will only get bigger and better. Hubbs if he stays out of the box is a definite asset. Duwe can play and Wright has been a pleasant surprise this season. Friesen is coming on. Trupp has upped his game. Rassel has a nose for the puck.
                            And guess what. Dusyk will be back 100% and will only be a sophomore.
                            Mantha got the job but D'Amico proved he's ready and Matyas can play.
                            Last is Tachell. He's the first line center on any team in the country.
                            With a recruiting class similar to last years and we are a home ice team.

Comment

Agree with you Hal!
                              Couple of young D men, Brown & Johnson, who stepped up and played. Van Allen is a keeper. Sevalrud can play if his broken hand heals up. Leask is solid. Williams is as strong on the puck as anyone in the league. Matthew will push for playing time.
                              Anholt, Azurdia, Kozun are players and play makers. Watch what a year does for them.
                              Conti is a big kid with wheels who's also a player and at 18 he will only get bigger and better. Hubbs if he stays out of the box is a definite asset. Duwe can play and Wright has been a pleasant surprise this season. Friesen is coming on. Trupp has upped his game. Rassel has a nose for the puck.
                              And guess what. Dusyk will be back 100% and will only be a sophomore.
                              Mantha got the job but D'Amico proved he's ready and Matyas can play.
                              Last is Tachell. He's the first line center on any team in the country.
                              With a recruiting class similar to last years and we are a home ice team.
                              This years freshmen were some of the best that we have seen in quite a while. I am very optimistic!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

This years freshmen were some of the best that we have seen in quite a while. I am very optimistic!
                                I must ask, what gives you this impression? What specifically did they do that makes you think "best that we have seen in quite a while"? Or is it blind optimism?
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X