Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Squarebanks could probably direct you to the _airbanks section.
    I'd sit as high as possible to avoid as much of the bad glass as possible.
    If you're at the 4 tickets, 4 hotdogs, 4 sodas for $40 you most likely won't get a better deal anywhere else in college hockey.
    Welcome to the Sully!
    Home of the mighty Seawolves!
    Not entirely sure how I was anointed as oracle of Sullivan Arena seating but UAF fans are usually in the two sections directly behind and to the left of the Nanook bench (I believe it's the SW side of the arena but I wouldn't swear to it)

They usually try to keep us contained in one area as it makes the assaults and fights easier for the Seawolf fans to start
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Not entirely sure how I was anointed as oracle of Sullivan Arena seating but UAF fans are usually in the two sections directly behind and to the left of the Nanook bench (I believe it's the SW side of the arena but I wouldn't swear to it)

They usually try to keep us contained in one area as it makes the assaults and fights easier for the Seawolf fans to start
      If they do I know a good Fairbanks lawyer (father / daughter team, actually) that you can call.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        The only time I can recall any animosity was when one of the UAA faithful made the innocent mistake of entering the aisle you speak of with the intention of thanking the undeserving dump bear fans for attending and was viciously and without provocation attacked by some demonic bozo in a dump bear mascot suit.
        As I recollect security had to be summoned to pry our innocent peace loving fan from the grasping clutches of a frenzied out of control UA_ mob.
        We're hoping the UA_ fans will show a little more self control this weekend.
        Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 03-06-2015, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Shameful.

The. Worst. Team. Ever.

U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Shameful.

The. Worst. Team. Ever.

I can't figure out why coach didn't pick Hubsy for the shoot-out. He leads the nation in short handed goals, scored one on one with goalies. Oh well. Next year WILL be better. We have a solid group of players, and just look at the experience our freshmen got this season, with all of their playing time. Mantha should be even more of a force, as will Azurdia and Kozun. Coach will get this turned around, give him a chance.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              I can't figure out why coach didn't pick Hubsy for the shoot-out. He leads the nation in short handed goals, scored one on one with goalies. Oh well. Next year WILL be better. We have a solid group of players, and just look at the experience our freshmen got this season, with all of their playing time. Mantha should be even more of a force, as will Azurdia and Kozun. Coach will get this turned around, give him a chance.
              * that bs. No "oh well." This team doesn't deserve any respect or benefit of the doubt. Until they can show that they're willing to work, they deserve nothing. What happened tonight is unforgivable.

Unforgivable.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

* that bs. No "oh well." This team doesn't deserve any respect or benefit of the doubt. Until they can show that they're willing to work, they deserve nothing. What happened tonight is unforgivable.

Unforgivable.
                They lost to a better team. Deal with it. I suppose you think that teams like Wisconsin and Colorado College, (who BTW had worse seasons than UAA) should just fold their programs too? The Sully is going to look so much better next season, and the team is going to have an amazing facility when the Farg is redone. That is going to help recruiting - give the coach a chance to get his players in there. The WORST season was the one under John Hill when we failed to win ONE SINGLE LEAGUE GAME.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Shameful.

The. Worst. Team. Ever.

Not ,i have seen worse. and the coach was not Hill.
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Comment

They lost to a better team. Deal with it. I suppose you think that teams like Wisconsin and Colorado College, (who BTW had worse seasons than UAA) should just fold their programs too? The Sully is going to look so much better next season, and the team is going to have an amazing facility when the Farg is redone. That is going to help recruiting - give the coach a chance to get his players in there. The WORST season was the one under John Hill when we failed to win ONE SINGLE LEAGUE GAME.
                      That team at least played with heart. They gave effort despite bring horribly outclassed. This team was lazy and slow.

This is the worst moment in the history of this program. To get swept, at home for the first time in what? 20 years?, by our rival and lose the Cup... Shameful.
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Glad this **** show of a season is done, JJ I got your back bro.

this was an absolute disaster of a season, this team never gelled together, seniors didn't step up at all, and I do question coach Thomas for benching one of our faster guys (Trupp) for this weekend.

As far as what JJ has said, idk why you all are attacking him for trying to give the team some motivation for getting better. The wording he used may have been a bit harsh, but that is the kind of **** that should light the fire in the belly of our team, if I'm Matt Thomas and I'm reading what he wrote, I would print that off and post it in every stall in the locker room to use as motivation for seasons to come.
                        negativity is one of the greatest motivators for athletes in this day and age.
                        Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                          Glad this **** show of a season is done, JJ I got your back bro.

this was an absolute disaster of a season, this team never gelled together, seniors didn't step up at all, and I do question coach Thomas for benching one of our faster guys (Trupp) for this weekend.

As far as what JJ has said, idk why you all are attacking him for trying to give the team some motivation for getting better. The wording he used may have been a bit harsh, but that is the kind of **** that should light the fire in the belly of our team, if I'm Matt Thomas and I'm reading what he wrote, I would print that off and post it in every stall in the locker room to use as motivation for seasons to come.
                          negativity is one of the greatest motivators for athletes in this day and age.
                          I totally disagree! Talafous was a negative motivator, look where that got us. Bad performances don't mean bad people. These guys give a lot to the community and they have my support when they have a bad performance as well as when they have a good one. Don't be a fair weather fan!!

It's great to challenge and encourage the guys. A challenge is positive and motivational. Negativity gets players preoccupied with the consequences for failing. Nothing good comes from negativity. It's a actually a real demotivator. Consistently getting down on the guys will not make them feel good about themselves. You weren't just negative JJ, you were mean, bitter and spiteful.

I'm sure Fairbanks felt this way last season when UAA beat them 4 times in a row and knocked them out of the playoffs and the Final Five in their OWN BARN.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I totally disagree! . Don't be a fair weather fan!!

It's great to challenge and encourage the guys. A challenge is positive and motivational. Negativity gets players preoccupied with the consequences for failing. Nothing good comes from negativity. It's a actually a real demotivator. Consistently getting down on the guys will not make them feel good about themselves. You weren't just negative JJ, you were mean, bitter and spiteful.

I'm sure Fairbanks felt this way last season when UAA beat them 4 times in a row and knocked them out of the playoffs and the Final Five in their OWN BARN.
                            Don't be a fairweather fan, coming from you that's ironic since you bailed on the team by canceling your season tickets a few years ago.

And I respectfully disagree with your assessment that negativity is a total demotivator, due to the fact that there are certain professional athletes that went were told they couldn't play in a mean and spiteful way, yet it motivates them and some of them are or have been the best atheltes In the world (Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and countless nhlers who are under 6 foot)
                            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                              Don't be a fairweather fan, coming from you that's ironic since you bailed on the team by canceling your season tickets a few years ago.

And I respectfully disagree with your assessment that negativity is a total demotivator, due to the fact that there are certain professional athletes that went were told they couldn't play in a mean and spiteful way, yet it motivates them and some of them are or have been the best atheltes In the world (Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, and countless nhlers who are under 6 foot)
                              We didn't have season tickets for ONE season when we moved 50 miles from Anchorage, we weren't sure with the weather and travel if we would be able to make all the games. However, we showed up to every game ... and we have had season tickets for 25 of 26 years.
                              Last edited by Suze; 03-08-2015, 04:17 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Although it was a tough season, UAA has reason to be optimistic. Of the 68 goals scored this season, an astounding 23 of them were scored by freshmen, and 14 were scored by sophomores. More than half came from underclassmen. We had a very solid freshman class, something great to build on. Our goalie is going to be one of the best, and the back-up goalies are good as well.

We have some speed and some potential goal scorers coming in next season. The Sully is going to look so much better, and the gorgeous renovations at the Farg will help with recruiting. Hackett is committed to the hockey program, and things will get better. We have a solid foundation people, and I think UAA was the youngest team in the league this season.

Mankato is losing 6 seniors. Tech is losing 6 seniors, two of whom are top goal scorers. Bemidji is losing their top goal scorer. Fairbanks loses 6 seniors plus Parayko will probably go pro. Tech was in the same boat as UAA and look at how they have turned it around. Just sayin'.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X