Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

Discuss.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Re: UAA: Patiently Waiting For Next Season, Every Season...

You'll end on a two game winning streak. So there's that.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      Discuss.
      Thanks for starting a new thread! I am anxious for this season to end and the new one to start. Next year will be better!
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
        You'll end on a two game winning streak. So there's that.
        Geeze, you don't have much confidence in your team, do you? Although, UAA has beat the Nanooks 4 out of the last 4 times!
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I believe he forgot the “I kid… don’t count on stealing two games again” smilie. I believe the Governor’s Cup will be decided in a shootout.

Comment

Look on the bright side, I am voting for UAA as "Friendliest Road Game Fans - 2015".
            Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              I believe he forgot the “I kid… don’t count on stealing two games again” smilie. I believe the Governor’s Cup will be decided in a shootout.
              Funny. Real funny.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                Look on the bright side, I am voting for UAA as "Friendliest Road Game Fans - 2015".
                Ryan J
                I'll take that, I was pretty salty that whole weekend...
                I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                  Shhhhh....don't ruin the evil plan.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    Shhhhh....don't ruin the evil plan.
                    You're not gonna get one over on us by sandbagging. We've already been beaten down mentally and physically.
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

I think right now, it is hard for me to get excited for Next year. While I am following more of the UAA Basketball programs, I can only on day dream of UAA being contenders like Michigan Tech is now. I know we will get there one day, but it is still hard for me to be excited. I was excited about this year too!

I also hope UAH starts to do well too. It seems like UAH, Lake State, and us are all in the state of rebuilding, however, I thought we would have been better this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
                        I also hope UAH starts to do well too. It seems like UAH, Lake State, and us are all in the state of rebuilding, however, I thought we would have been better this year.
                        Thomas, Corbett & Whitten.
                        All 3 applied for and were interviewed for the Seawolf job.
                        The hockey alumni wanted Thomas, pushed hard for his hiring and I think the right choice was made.
                        This years team is better than its record.
                        We are young and thin on depth this year.
                        The hockey gods are testing its mettle.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          Thomas, Corbett & Whitten.
                          All 3 applied for and were interviewed for the Seawolf job.
                          The hockey alumni wanted Thomas, pushed hard for his hiring and I think the right choice was made.
                          This years team is better than its record.
                          We are young and thin on depth this year.
                          The hockey gods are testing its mettle.
                          Last years team had some fine talent that Thomas was able to coach up to their potential. It was great! So what was coming in as this years class didn't match up talent wise. So we start losing and it just snowballs into what it is now. Not gonna lie, it's hard to watch them lose over and over, but there are a lot of tough lessons here for this year's freshman class. Coach has to upgrade our roster to a level where we can get some scoring from all over. We're suspect when we fall behind 2-0, chances are we're done. That's the same boat we were in under previous coaching reigns. Back then if we fell behind 1-0 our chances of winning were 25% at least this year we can still muster some kind of attack. For some reason we cannot stay out of the box. Unbelievable how many times we march over there. No lines seem to play well together, our puck support / possession is horrible. Our break out is WAY too sloooooooooow. We never break out and have an advantage in numbers for a decent attack. Other teams do this to us all the time. We do have a great goalkeeper and for that reason alone we're in games to win but have no luck or we take penalties and squander away chances of winning.
                          TL/DR?
                          It's happened again and on so many levels in so many sports. New coach comes in and first year bangs it up. Next year? Face plant. Coach Thomas will be good for the program in the long run.
                          If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Our special teams in general are not good. Our Power Play is not good (14%) and our Penalty Kill is atrocious (79%). Line cohesion is the other major problem, Thomas has tried moving things around and nothing works. Like has been stated before, lack of leadership from players has been the biggest problem. How it gets fixed I don't know. And there's nothing incoming that indicates the problems will be solved.
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                              Our special teams in general are not good. Our Power Play is not good (14%) and our Penalty Kill is atrocious (79%). Line cohesion is the other major problem, Thomas has tried moving things around and nothing works. Like has been stated before, lack of leadership from players has been the biggest problem. How it gets fixed I don't know. And there's nothing incoming that indicates the problems will be solved.
                              If we could generate some PPG's our record would look way different. It's bad enough we march to the box constantly but to not kill the penalty off......ugh.
                              We'll improve, I got confidence in our coach and players...just this season has been a dumpster fire. And really that is bad for our senior class. Well it's been bad except when we play the nooks...lol
                              If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Working...
                              X